WDW with Bipolar Disorder...

casaazul

DIS Veteran
Hi all. Some of you were very helpful with our question on plane travel and security. We got through security no problem, with no issues at all.

Our 4 night trip to WDW was not full of bipolar moments, just a few extreme moments!! Good for him! Our DS reacts to chlorine in the pool and that added some "fun" for us!! He did not have a total meltdown, just a few moments of extreme stress...... We got a few of "the look" from others, but I did not feel that we had too much stress.

In all he did well in the crowds, and even told me that he wanted to leave MK because it was just too crowded and he was not having fun!! Good boy advocating for yourself!!

The worst time was at MK with total crowds. We were so disappointed that we could not even get to our favorite rides from DL and we just gave up on MK. Epcot ended up being a great place for us. Lots of different things to see and do!! DS loved the aquarium etc.

I will post more and you can get to my trip report with the link in my signature below!

glad to hear you had a mostly positive trip
thanks for the report.

Thanks for the trip report. Sorry about the chlorine. My son LIVES for the pool and is having a meltdown as we speak (upstairs doing bedtime with spouse) because he saw the pool at Pop Century on my computer screen and then found out we weren't staying there (this time--I didn't get into my free dining ideas). Dude, the Nick hotel is not exactly lame in the pool department. Anyway, water is SO soothing, that's a drag, but I'm glad he recovered quickly.

Good for him voicing his discomfort. I am waiting for the day my son (normally HIGHLY verbal) can put his triggers into words. Sigh. But I am definitely thinking about the Epcot aquarium as a good cool-down zone.

Thanks for the update, and glad airport security was no prob!

Cate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter