WDW Vet's First Trip to DLP for b'day with LOTS of pics

Great day again :goodvibes

Glad you liked Tarzan and Cinemagique. We often spend a day seeking out the shows, gives you time to relax a bit.

You managed to get some really good shots of fireworks :thumbsup2

Great day again :goodvibes

Glad you liked Tarzan and Cinemagique. We often spend a day seeking out the shows, gives you time to relax a bit.

You managed to get some really good shots of fireworks :thumbsup2

Thanks...fireworks are always challenging

We slept really great because we were exhausted and we were at the Studio for opening...and headed straight for Crush again. It took longer today so we did some shopping, grabbed a crossaint and then headed to Animagique. This reminded me of a show at WDW DHS based around the Little Mermaid. It was very cute and cool, but I prefer Cinemagique to this one.

We headed to Tower of Terror once more and then headed to Disney Village.

I found this really cool plaque on the way there. It was a compass with directions (N, S, E W) and showed how far away the other parks were.

IMG_2587.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

We went to Annette's for lunch. I read in the Unofficial Guide that this was the best burger in Paris (although it was expensive). While it was good, I disagree. I only had two burgers in Paris but the one at Breakfast in America was better. The dessert was incredible though...YUM.
IMG_2591.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

The lines for crush can be a bit of a drag I find but such a great ride you don't mind so much when you're on it :goodvibes

Mmmmmmm dlp brownies can't wait for my fix :cloud9:

After lunch, we headed into the parks. It was kinda chilly and rainy, so we both got new hoodies (mine has Stitch on it...who I LOVE). Then we got a FP for BTM. We decided to do Phantom Manor one last time and we noticed the day before on the that there was a cemetary, so we wanted to check that out too.
IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

We still had plenty of time before our FP, so we did Pirates one more time. DH decided he wanted to ride the railroad all the way around, so we headed for Main Street. On our way, the princesses arrived at the center, so I was able to get this picture (yes, I am a big kid at heart).
IMG_2621.jpg

The railroad was crazy busy and no one was getting off, so we bailed on that and I said I was curious about Alice's maze, so we headed that way. Yeah...we were in and out of there quickly..definitely more for kiddos in our opinion.

I can't believe we would ever ge hungry again, but we were, so we got some gellato across from IASM (which was good).
IMG_2644.jpg

While we were there, we saw something you wouldn't see at WDW. There was a CM there with a Cafe Hyperion uniform on. At WDW, CMs can't cross lands. They also have rules about appearance (no long nails, no visible tattoos, one hole in each ear for females only are the only piercing allowed, one hair colour only). Now..you should know I have several tattoos, a cartildge piercing on my ear and have had highlights..so this isn't a judgement. Just an observation. In addition, we saw some maintenance need at DLP that wouldn's be acceptable at WDW. Also, the happy vibe with the CMs just isn't there...don't get me wrong, most CMs were very helpful and pleasant, but at WDW, it not only happens between CMs and guests, but between guests...very few other guests said boo to us. Maybe a cultural thing. I am happy girl...I smile and say hello (I was raised in the South and have lived in Canada...that's how we roll:thumbsup2) but some people looked at me like I was nuts. Oh well...

Anyway...back to my story...we were sitting there and I realised that it was almost 5 and the clock at IASM would be going off soon. I love the clock. I saw this for the first time last year in California (which, also by the way, has Ariel and Lilo/Stitch and Jasmin/Aladin added...really cute touch). At WDW, the clock is painted on a wall (BOO). I am only allowed to ask DH to ride this ride every few years, but he caved and we rode it (the line was fast) before heading back to BTM.
DSC_1770.jpg

DSC_1762.jpg

DSC_1755.jpg

DSC_1754.jpg

DSC_1753.jpg

DSC_1752.jpg

DSC_1750-1.jpg

On the way to BTM, we took the time to explore the castle (which was really pretty).
DSC_2000.jpg

DSC_1999.jpg

Can you guess which dwarf this is?
IMG_2672.jpg

(I loved the French names of the dwarves carved into their beds...OH and this is Doc)
Then off to ride BTM again (LOVE IT) before heading to find a good spot for the parade. Now, you may have noticed, I like taking pictures...so I show up for parades about an hour before so I can be in the front. You may also have noticed (or maybe not), DH is pretty tall. We sometimes (mind you, not all the time..depends on many things..how we feel, how the parents/kids act), ask if little ones would like to stand in front of us. We did that this time as well and the mother pushed her way up there as well and got in my shot several times. NOT COOL. Give people an inch...they take a mile sometimes.

Ahem...oh yeah, back to happy thoughts. While we were waiting for the parade, we saw the cross uniform thing again. There was a pirate helping control main street (which, now that I think about it, could be a good thing...I wanted that pushy mom to walk the plank).
DSC_1793.jpg

Also, I said earlier I would post the picture of Walts with the facade on it (no looking out these windows).
IMG_2677.jpg

The parade was really great. My fav float was the villian one.
DSC_1804.jpg

DSC_1817.jpg

DSC_1818.jpg

DSC_1820.jpg

DSC_1826.jpg

DSC_1838.jpg

DSC_1846.jpg

DSC_1853.jpg

DSC_1868.jpg

DSC_1889.jpg

DSC_1893.jpg

DSC_1909.jpg

DSC_1925.jpg

DSC_1943.jpg

DSC_1972.jpg

DSC_1978.jpg

DSC_1995.jpg

So we headed into the park and stopped to get a FP for ig Thunder Mountain before heading to Agrabah Cafe. We have Lebanese at least once a week, so I was really looking forward to this.

We got there, paid right away and were shown to our seats and told where the buffet was. All I can say is YUM. We did eat lots as we had no breakfast and it was just too good to pass up. THAT WAS THE BEST HUMMUS I HAVE EVR HAD and I told the chef that also. The carrot salad and the make your own sandwich was yummy.

IMG_2549.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

I'm so glad you went on Crush. I still don't have the guts to go on it incase I don't fit :sad2: Glad you had a brill holiday though

After the parade, we got a quick bite to eat at Casey's. The WDW has two things this version should DEMAND..spicy relish and corn dog nuggets.
IMG_2647.jpg

We rode Space Mountain one more time (love it and hate to think how let down I will be at WDW in September) and also explored the Nautilus (the equid was cool). I checked the time (wanted to be up front again for Fantallusion) and we had time for one more ride...Phantom Manor (how many times did we ride this? Like 5 maybe...awesome ride) and then got in line for the parade.

Oh, I missed this picture of the stained glass before, so check it out.
IMG_2659.jpg

Ther parade was really great. WDW has a night time parade called Spectromagic that we love. Last year and this year also, it is being replaced with the Main Street Electrical parade..which we don't really like that much. I get the sentimental thing (I saw it as a kid too) but we love Spectro).

My fav part of Fantalusion was the black light part of Act 2...very cool.
DSC_2017.jpg

DSC_2031.jpg

DSC_2048.jpg

DSC_2070.jpg

DSC_2080.jpg

Now, I really wanted to stay and see the fireworks again, but I was exhausted...and we had two flights the next day..so we bid DLP adieu.

Would we come back? You betcha. Did I love it? Absolutely. Was I let down? Not in the least. Was it worth it? Without a doubt.

SO...any WDW vets that are thinking about doing this, my advice is to go for it. So many of the attractions here are incredible and many are better than the WDW version.

Great trip report with some fantastic photos! It is always great to hear of WDW and/or DL vets enjoying DLP and appreciating that some of the ride versions are better.
Pretty much everyone notes the difference in guest attitudes...I guess it's just a European thing, it doesn't sound as if it impacted on your enjoyment too much though. I suppose, though, you can get dour-faced people of any nationality!
Hope you get the chance to post some of your thoughts and photos from Paris as well. Thanks so much for sharing.

I have really enjoyed reading your trip report. You have great pictures :)

Thanks so much...its been a passion of mine since I was a kid and Disney is a great place to try out new gear. I upgraded the camera this June and I am still getting used to the new settings.

Great trip report with some fantastic photos! It is always great to hear of WDW and/or DL vets enjoying DLP and appreciating that some of the ride versions are better.
Pretty much everyone notes the difference in guest attitudes...I guess it's just a European thing, it doesn't sound as if it impacted on your enjoyment too much though. I suppose, though, you can get dour-faced people of any nationality!
Hope you get the chance to post some of your thoughts and photos from Paris as well. Thanks so much for sharing.

Thanks to you also. It did not impact our happiness at all.

I am loading the Paris pictures right now..we had almost a week in the city and we did lots...so there is lots to see.;)

So before we spent 3 days at DLP, we had a few days in Paris. Our apartment was in the Latin Quarter. Our flight landed early in the morning (and we were 6 hours ahead of home...so we were dragging butt). We dropped off our bags, settled in the apartment, and set out to explore. The one big thing we did on day 1 was Notre Dame. The next day, we took off for Versailles and on the way back, we did Napeleon's Tomb (aka Hotel Des Invalids).

DSC_0152.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0321.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0384.jpg

DSC_0411.jpg

DSC_0421.jpg

DSC_0523.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0593.jpg

DSC_0597.jpg

DSC_0639.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg

Here are more pictures, including a self portrait we took during our first Metro ride, Louvre pics (my fav thing there was the mummy) and we liked the building more than the contents (go figure) and the Eiffel tower (both during the day and at night). The day we went, it rained off and on and I saw my first double rainbow.

Louvre

IMG_2347.jpg

DSC_0699.jpg

DSC_0785.jpg

DSC_0798.jpg

Tower Pics

IMG_2389.jpg

DSC_0758.jpg

DSC_0813.jpg

DSC_0815.jpg

DSC_0831.jpg

View from Arc de Triomphe
IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2436.jpg

Misc

First metro ride
IMG_2339.jpg

Breakfast in America burger (yummy)
IMG_2391.jpg

View of the Pantheon from our apt
IMG_2393.jpg

Amarino Gellato on Mouffetard street (YUMM!)
IMG_2411.jpg

Little guy trying to catch pigeons in front of Notre Dame
DSC_0912.jpg

Marie's cell at the Congerie
DSC_0899.jpg

We bought a museum pass (which was cost efficient and we also had a special entrance to alot of the attractions), so we did some stuff that wasn't planned (the sewer tour, the Pantheon and the Cluny or Middle Ages musuem). We reeally enjoyed all three of them.

AMAZING Stained Glass at st Chappelle
DSC_0868.jpg

DSC_0870.jpg

DSC_0875.jpg

Pantheon
DSC_0917.jpg

DSC_0918.jpg

DSC_0923.jpg

DSC_0930.jpg

DSC_0942.jpg

DSC_0945.jpg

Orsay
DSC_0947.jpg

Last meal in Paris before heading to DLP
IMG_2447.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

Cluny Museum
DSC_0969.jpg

DSC_0974.jpg

DSC_0988.jpg

DSC_1007.jpg

DSC_1012.jpg

Thanks to you all for reading and thanks for all the kind comments about the photos. I will be glad to answer any questions I can if you have them.

You can check out more pics on the other two trip reports I have listed and I am starting a pre-trip report very soon for our Sept vacation to WDW.

Elizabeth:wizard:

J'adore Paris :love: So glad you had a good time, I have promised mum and dd I will take them for a split stay in the city and dlp it's criminal they've never even seen the eiffel tower!

Seeing all your pics has really inspired me to buy a proper camera and take some decent photos x

Really enjoyed your trip report. We're spending our first night at the Kyriad in December, so I was really pleased to see your photo's of the room :thumbsup2

Really enjoyed your trip report. We're spending our first night at the Kyriad in December, so I was really pleased to see your photo's of the room :thumbsup2

Glad it was helpful..the room was a good size, the bed was comfy and the bathroom was great..we also loved the buses..they were quick and efficient.

I really enjoyed reading your report and looking at your fantastic photos of both DLP and Paris. Glad you had a great time and could embrace the difference to the US parks.

You're right, it is Julie Delpy in Cinemagique - I LOVE that show :love: I always want to cry at the end!

I have really enjoyed your trip report! It has got me very excited for our upcoming trip! I love all your pictures they are so clear and crisp have a great time at WDW in September will look out for your TR xxx

Great tr, and I loved your pictures of both DLP and Paris, especially those stained glass windows. :cloud9:
I'm glad you had an amazing time and would go back. It seems that you went in with a good attitude towards the obvious differences. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter