WDW/Thanksgiving/Families

disney greenhorn

Earning My Ears
Which park are other families planning on being at on Thanksgiving Day in WDW? Where do you plan on eating Thanksgiving meal if at lunch time or dinner time?

We were there over Thanksgiving in 1998 and we did MK that day. BIG MISTAKE!!!! Don't ever think of doing MK on Thanskgiving Day! Some of the CM's told me it was well over 50,000 people there that day.

We came back to our resort mid day and had our meal that we purchased at Publix (turkey meal for 16 people thing) and reheated it at our villa at OKW. It was very nice for our extended family that came and spent the holiday with us!

If you plan on eating a sit down meal, you will need to get your PS in early. Many of the restaurants sell out quickly. If you eat outside the MK, you can get those PS much earlier. There has got to be several threads about Thanksgiving dinner.

We were at MGM on Thanksgiving last year, and it really wasn't too bad at all. We ate at the Brown Derby. It might be a little fancy if you have kids who like "normal" food, but we thought it was quite good. They did actually have a regular menu and a full Thanksgiving dinner, so they may also have a kids dinner that's a little more plain.

We plan to have dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern this Thanksgiving....though our back up plan is for Artist Point (we're staying at VWL). Deb just gave me the idea to make that ps as soon as I can, then if I get Liberty Tree I'll cancel it...if not at least we know we won't be eating Swanson's turkey dinners (we're staying in a studio...so really cooking turkey is out!) or getting something from Roaring Forks for Thanksgiving dinner!

Also we arrive on Thanksgiving....so we'll really only be resting and eating probably. If we go to LTT we'll only be going into the MK to eat and then get out.....I don't really like crowds! It would be nice to just hang out and go swimming for the day!

We'll be arriving in the afternoon on Thanksgiving Day, so we don't plan on entering any of the parks. We're planning for a dinner PS at Chef Mickey's (our traditional first stop). After dinner we're hoping to catch the MK fireworks from outside the park and then head back to our resort for bed. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter