WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still stumped... I can log into the main home page, but when I go to other pages, my name disappears from the top of the screen, and if I do get to the registration page, it's either spinning, spinning, spinning, or there is a REQUEST button that just takes me to the Disney.com page... there is no way to log out and log in without waiting to time out and start over.

I guess at the end of the day, I can always wait until arrival, as often we don't make it in time for our advanced reservations anyway, but it would sure be more peace of mind to have it done ahead of time.

Can this still be done at the Epcot International Gateway GS desk?

I'm still stumped... I can log into the main home page, but when I go to other pages, my name disappears from the top of the screen, and if I do get to the registration page, it's either spinning, spinning, spinning, or there is a REQUEST button that just takes me to the Disney.com page... there is no way to log out and log in without waiting to time out and start over.

I guess at the end of the day, I can always wait until arrival, as often we don't make it in time for our advanced reservations anyway, but it would sure be more peace of mind to have it done ahead of time.

Can this still be done at the Epcot International Gateway GS desk?
You might want to call. I think someone else had a similar experience recently and had to call for some kind of reset.

You can request DAS in person once you arrive, but no Advanced Selections if you do.

You might want to call. I think someone else had a similar experience recently and had to call for some kind of reset.

You can request DAS in person once you arrive, but no Advanced Selections if you do.
Thanks, I will tomorrow when I have all sorts of time to be on the phone... just so very frustrating.... It's gotta be something really dumb! It's worked great for the last 3-4 trips....

Do you know if the Epcot back gate GS still does this or would I have to go all the way to the GS in the front of the park?

UPDATE - I called DAS help (407-560-2547) and they advised me to try all the stuff I've already been trying, I've also tried a new TEST GMail, MDE login just to see if it would launch - as well as disconnecting from my WIFI and trying my phone HOTSPOT. When I said that I had done those things over and over for the past 2-1/2 days (the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results, right?) she said she didn't know what else to do, so I insisted that they transfer me to a tech support person.

After a few minutes, the agent picked up, and wanted me to try all the same stuff again (differnt browsers, different devices, dumping cache-cookies-browsing history, disabling ad-blocker, even incognito - which she did admit wouldn't work)...and said that was about all they could do.... no help.

She suggested I keep trying "occaisionally", and again suggesting I could do it at GS in the parks. I know that's possible, (did that the first several times I requested DAS, so I understand the process), and as a last resort will do it. It's just so much better to do it online, even without the advanced attraction reservations, in a one-on-one situation, rather than a room filled with many people - much more private.

:sad2:

So, that's where I am right now. My window opens on Friday, and I will keep trying -maybe it will "heal", but I really don't have much faith in anything changing.

I appreciate all those who offered suggestions here! Thanks to you all for being patient with me.

Last edited:
UPDATE - I called DAS help (407-560-2547) and they advised me to try all the stuff I've already been trying, I've also tried a new TEST GMail, MDE login just to see if it would launch - as well as disconnecting from my WIFI and trying my phone HOTSPOT. When I said that I had done those things over and over for the past 2-1/2 days (the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results, right?) she said she didn't know what else to do, so I insisted that they transfer me to a tech support person.

After a few minutes, the agent picked up, and wanted me to try all the same stuff again (differnt browsers, different devices, dumping cache-cookies-browsing history, disabling ad-blocker, even incognito - which she did admit wouldn't work)...and said that was about all they could do.... no help.

She suggested I keep trying "occaisionally", and again suggesting I could do it at GS in the parks. I know that's possible, (did that the first several times I requested DAS, so I understand the process), and as a last resort will do it. It's just so much better to do it online, even without the advanced attraction reservations, in a one-on-one situation, rather than a room filled with many people - much more private.

:sad2:

So, that's where I am right now. My window opens on Friday, and I will keep trying -maybe it will "heal", but I really don't have much faith in anything changing.

I appreciate all those who offered suggestions here! Thanks to you all for being patient with me.
Replying to my own thread..... I think I've finally figured it out.... amazing that the DAS helpdesk folks didn't mention this, but here's what I found while staring at my settings in google.... about the only thing that was still DISABLED was Third Party Cookies.... I enabled it, logged into Disney again, got to the registration page and VOILA!!! The chat box popped up just like always!!! WHEW!!!

You can bet I will be checking this out over and over before my window opens on Friday....

Hope this helps others. Thanks again to all who attempted to pull me out of the "pit of dispair"... oops, wrong movie!

Replying to my own thread..... I think I've finally figured it out.... amazing that the DAS helpdesk folks didn't mention this, but here's what I found while staring at my settings in google.... about the only thing that was still DISABLED was Third Party Cookies.... I enabled it, logged into Disney again, got to the registration page and VOILA!!! The chat box popped up just like always!!! WHEW!!!

You can bet I will be checking this out over and over before my window opens on Friday....

Hope this helps others. Thanks again to all who attempted to pull me out of the "pit of dispair"... oops, wrong movie!
Glad you found the problem!
Good luck on Friday :)

I WAS SUCCESSFUL IN RE-REGISTERING FOR MY DAS THIS MORNING....:dance3:

After the week of trying everything under the sun, and then FINALLY stumbling on settings that did work to launch the chat box, I practiced several times a day, just to be sure... As of last evening, things were still "GO FOR LAUNCH" this morning.

And, (of course), I woke up to NO INTERNET!!! :confused: My phone was having issues with getting a signal also, so I was doubtful I could use it as a hotspot in the event that internet was still missing.

FINALLY, about 1/2 hour before 6AM (CT) the internet came back, and the phone was also getting signal again... took many big breaths.... got my head back together set up my screens so loggin in every 1/2 hour would be easier.

At 6 sharp I finally was able to launch the chat and click START. I officially got in and received the first message back at 6:01. Chatted with Yvette, who set up everything, then launched the video, then set up my Adv reservations... was done by about 6:45am. WHEW!!!

Now my trip really feels real!!

Thanks again for all who lived through this week with me, and offered suggestions and kindness...
🫂
Jeanne

Last edited:
I dont know much about Edge/Safari/Chrome but for Firefox check into a good script blocker. By default disable everything and when a site doesnt work start enabling the scripts that you feel are needed (such as disneygo etc) and which are not (such as facebook). No I do NOT have a facebook account nor will I get one. :snooty:

When I wished to report an issue about the smartphone 'myday/myplans' section, just for future reference on their end to investigate, the cast member I called sent me to their general 'internet/app' help desk. Maybe there were two different types of help desks? One DAS specific the other is website browser/smartphone app help desk. I recommend reporting your experiences to the internet/app extension (you can ask the CM to transfer you) and that they forward the third party cookie issue to the site/app webmasters to include a clear disclaimer that third party cookies are required for some features such as for DAS chat. That is typically included on web pages but in this case maybe it is not?

Glad it all got sorted out and hopefully it will help others in the future.

We're planning on Disneyland over spring break with our family of 4 and friends who are a family of 3. It sounds like we won't have any trouble linking all 7 of us to my daughter's DAS, correct? I understand 6 total can go which won't be a problem at all (the other mom doesn't like rides a lot, but we'll probably want to leave the dads out at some point) so I just want to make sure I'd have the option to choose from our full party. I wasn't sure if it mattered that they aren't family.

Has anyone been able to book Living with the Land? It wasn't available either of my days and there is no way LWTL is booked out for 12/7 already...

Did my renewal registration a couple days ago around noon CA time, 35 mins start to finish including about 15 mins of spinning circle frustration just trying to get onto the darn chat. Tried all sorts of stuff and then it just worked, no idea why. Did my advance selections this evening, no waiting.

Just wanted to provide another data point and heap on some gratitude to this awesome community again. We're heading to WDW for our birthdays, rather spontaneous trip and based on why I need the pass not the best timing! We arrive on mine, the 23rd, yup YOUR THANKSGIVING DAY and I am dreading the crowds. We don't actually have any plans on going to a park until the Sunday or Monday with the hope that some of the people will have gone home.

I started the chat @ 11:22 answered the bot generated questions and immediately got connected to a Cast Member, the timestamp is 11:22, so less than a minute. She sent me a message "I'm currently busy but please tell me who is coming and when your first park day will be" She was ready to chat at 11:40, the video chat started at 11:43, she asked one question and before I finished answering "ok, I've gone ahead and registered you" The chat was completed at 11:45. So from start to finish was 23 minutes, heck the thing didn't even get a chance to time out on me!

I'm sure everyone here knows how much of a relief it is to be on the other side of this process and the feeling of dread for the trip and the one in February has changed to excitement. Now I can get back to making my little goodie bags for the chefs who will be cooking my safe meals. Thanks again to everyone in this little family.

Just registered again for Disneyland this time. Logged onto chat around 4:30pm and was given an estimate of 2 hour wait. It ended up being about 2 1/2 hours. The worst part is every time the chat refreshed and I’d get the error screen, I would go back try to log back in but each time it would take 5 or 6 tries before it would finally reload the chat properly.
The CM began the chat by saying DAS is not based on a diagnosis. I’ve never had them say that before but glad she did, I hope that is part of the script now. I always see posts here and other places online about how this (fill in the blank condition) is not eligible or vise versa. I know you all have seen lots of that too. I once got into with someone on a YouTube comment where they insisted anxiety wasn’t accepted for DAS. Anyway…registration took about 2 min and she was very nice and friendly CM. She offered to do the pre-selects but I declined them as the times usually don’t work out and it’s all just easier at Disneyland than WDW anyway so I don’t really feel the need for them.

We've probably talked about this before, but has anyone heard anything more about Advanced DAS registration requirement after Park Reservations are no longer required? Right now, we can only book Advanced Attractions times in the park that we have reservations for... what happens when we don't need park reservations anymore?

Wondering if it could be one of these scenarios:

A) All parks are available, but reservations must be in the same park (for example, for park hoppers, you could make reservations in only one of the parks you will be visiting, not 1 in MK and 1 in Epcot)

B) They do away with Advanced Attractions all together....

C) Something else?

If anyone is calling in to register in the next few weeks, for a trip after the PPs are no longer needed, could you ask the questions, please?

Thanks!

(Since I have an AP for our trip in April, I will still need my PP, but my husband has Daily Tickets, so he won't.... can it get any more confusing?)

I recently renewed my DAS on a Monday for Friday of the same week. I wasn’t offered any advanced rides, and I didn’t realize it until we had ended the call. I wasn’t really interested in that anyway because I didn’t have firm plans on what time frame we would be visiting the park.

I recently renewed my DAS on a Monday for Friday of the same week. I wasn’t offered any advanced rides, and I didn’t realize it until we had ended the call. I wasn’t really interested in that anyway because I didn’t have firm plans on what time frame we would be visiting the park.
You can go back into the chat and select rides. The wait doesn’t usually take as long when you are getting approved.

I apologize if this was covered but I did read back the final 10 pages and didn’t see it. The first post in this thread suggests that there should be a DAS selection button (?) if you click on more options within the MDE app—however, I cannot find it, just a small item that says accessibility, and pulls up a park map. Does it not show up until you are in a park or am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter