WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just completed my DAS online advance registration and the planned passes. It took about 2 hours from the start till I was totally done. I’d had the pass many times before and had no problems getting it again when describing my issues when asked. I was able to ask for the advance passes later in the evening and that worked good. Maybe we’ll actually use the advance ones this time. We tend to use the day of DAS passes but have missed our times a lot with the advanced. We just cannot plan out like that, depending on how we feel, go back to the room etc. So I thought if we got later evening we might use them as it’s more likely we will be there at the park in the cooler late evening. And it’s after our dinner reservations.

We are going to do the deluxe extended hours during our stay. How has other’s experiences with booking DAS times during the extended hours went? Is it still available?

Thank you so much for this information, I just preregistered, it will be my first time ever with DAS, and it was very easy. I feel much more comfortable going into this trip, so thank you to all who have provided the information in this thread!

Is there a cutoff for advanced DAS? I have a family member is looking into it for our trip later in the year, will be the first time anyone in our travel party has done DAS.

Is there a cutoff for advanced DAS? I have a family member is looking into it for our trip later in the year, will be the first time anyone in our travel party has done DAS.
For the pre das you need to do it 30-2 days before. Is this what you are asking

Is there a scenario where using Genie+ with DAS is useful for park hopping? I'm not sure if I need Genie+ or to buy $LL if I have the DAS but there may be something I am not thinking of. I most likely will need to take a break but would like to be able to somehow line up rides for later in the day.

Is there a scenario where using Genie+ with DAS is useful for park hopping? I'm not sure if I need Genie+ or to buy $LL if I have the DAS but there may be something I am not thinking of. I most likely will need to take a break but would like to be able to somehow line up rides for later in the day.
On our most recent trip we did not use Genie+ but we did buy a couple $LL. I like with the $LL we can choose a time that works for us. For the rides with virtual queues it can hard to know when you will be called back.

I'm not sure if I need Genie+ or to buy $LL if I have the DAS but there may be something I am not thinking of.
TRON and Guardians are only available through Vitual Queue or buying an $ILLS. You cannot use DAS unless you first obtain a boarding group in either of those ways.

As for Genie+ that may depend on your attractions of interest and the crowds. If your DAS gets tied up for 90 minutes for a popular ride, using G+ may help you get on some less popular rides with little wait.

Has anyone had any experience with the DAS advanced selections and the new summer four day ticket. I was wondering how it would work, since the ticket doesn't require park reservations. My wife and I have Annual Passes and we will be joined mid trip by our children using the four day ticket. Since reservations aren't required, I was wondering how this would work when making advanced selections.

Has anyone had any experience with the DAS advanced selections and the new summer four day ticket. I was wondering how it would work, since the ticket doesn't require park reservations. My wife and I have Annual Passes and we will be joined mid trip by our children using the four day ticket. Since reservations aren't required, I was wondering how this would work when making advanced selections.
From what I’ve been reading about those tickets, people are asked which park they plan to go to for each day. Since you and your wife have Annual Passes, the 2 of you will need to have park reservations unless you are not going until after 2

From what I’ve been reading about those tickets, people are asked which park they plan to go to for each day. Since you and your wife have Annual Passes, the 2 of you will need to have park reservations unless you are not going until after 2
I forgot I made this post since I hadn’t gotten a response. It was like a typical advanced selections process. The CM asked who was traveling and gave us the options for the days we had park reservations.

Reactions: CJK
If i had the das in the past, do they see it and do we have to explain again why we need it?
Guests are asked a similar question each time when reapplying for DAS. It will be something like « What are your concerns with waiting in the regular lines? »

I have been asked for registering my daughter, including one time when the previous DAS was not expired, but would be by our next visit.

Wow great summary! Really helpful thanks! Will be utilizing DAS again (have done maybe 4 or 5 times in the past in all iterations) glad to see constant improvements

I just returned from WDW and wanted to clarify something I'd asked here before going that I got an inaccurate answer to.

Regarding DAS Advance selections:

If you make a park reservation and corresponding DAS Advance Selections and then change your park reservation to a different park for any particular day, do you lose the original DAS Advance ride times?

I was told YES, you lose them if you modify your park reservation to a different park after they are made.

That is incorrect. You do NOT lose them!

We did this twice. In neither case did we lose the DAS Advance times and we were able to ride them as scheduled.

Hope this helps someone else. I had stressed about park reservations because we were staying at BC and would only be doing parks in the evenings, and wanted to be able to pop into Epcot maybe in the mornings, so wondered if I should just switch all our park reservation days to Epcot so we could quickly tap in before 2pm and then hop to whatever other park we wanted. I was told if we changed our park reservations, we would lose the DAS Advance Selections. So I left it. But while there, made the decision to change our starting park twice and we never lost the Selections at all. Maybe this only works for park hopper tickets, but everyone should be aware that it is an option to make changes to your starting park after you have selected DAS Advance rides.

I think it matters when you change the park reservation. Same day, probably no issue. Day before might be no issue. A couple days before, may or may not be an issue. Several days before, could well be an issue. A week or more out, most likely will lose the DAS Advanced Selections.

My understanding is that the WDW system does a "sweep" at some point. That point is unknown how often or when, though unlikely to be as frequent as every night or as regular as once a week on Tuesdays -- most likely every 2-3 nights. It sweeps and clears out stray theme park reservations without valid tickets, and it's my understanding that it also can sweep out DAS Advanced Selections without the appropriate theme park reservation. So when you change the reservation in relation to when the sweep(s) occurs likely determines whether or not the Advanced Selection gets lost.

I think it matters when you change the park reservation. Same day, probably no issue. Day before might be no issue. A couple days before, may or may not be an issue. Several days before, could well be an issue. A week or more out, most likely will lose the DAS Advanced Selections.

My understanding is that the WDW system does a "sweep" at some point. That point is unknown how often or when, though unlikely to be as frequent as every night or as regular as once a week on Tuesdays -- most likely every 2-3 nights. It sweeps and clears out stray theme park reservations without valid tickets, and it's my understanding that it also can sweep out DAS Advanced Selections without the appropriate theme park reservation. So when you change the reservation in relation to when the sweep(s) occurs likely determines whether or not the Advanced Selection gets lost.
I agree.
I have seen posts from people who did lose their DAS Advance Selections when they changed their park reservation.
Some didn’t lose them right away, but eventually did.

Renewed my DAS this morning in about 15-20 minutes. Spoke with the same lovely CM that I renewed with before my April trip. I didn't make any advanced selections as set time this far in advance really doesn't work for me - day of works much better for me. My issue is primarily bathroom related and I always worry that the current renewal will be the one where Disney changes their policy - but that hasn't happened yet. I kick myself for waiting so long to apply the first time as it really makes my trips more enjoyable and less stressful .

Renewed today (although as usual I still have to describe my issues as they do not store that data). Got on at 9am PST. Took 2 hours, did not select any rides although they offered to transfer me to that team after they finished. Forgot I couldn’t do it in the app, when I tried to open the link they provided in the chat in Safari on my phone it refused to load the chat. Thankfully the rep was patient and I was able to get it launched using Chrome on my phone.

The CM said that is actually the best way to do it. The app won’t kick you out of the chat as aggressively as a browser (I wasn’t kicked out at all although I turned off auto-screen lock) and then you can open it in a browser once they’re on with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter