WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of our park days were within the 30 day window and the CM would only make DAS Advance Selections for the first 7 days of our trip. I was told I would have to wait until after we used the first day of DAS Advance Selections before I could make any more.

also, it was not because they were busy at the time. Both the CM doing DAS registration and the one doing the DAS Advance Selections told me it was a very slow day.

it’s 30 days to 2 days before your first park day, not your arrival day (unless you have a park reservation for your arrival day).
Thank you for clarifying that, I was just going off the arrival day.

Sorry if this AP question has been discussed, but this is my first time potentially needing DAS and I didn't see the answer in the first couple of pages. When booking the advance selections, everyone must have park reservations. We are going for 8 days but our APs only allow us to hold 4 park reservations at a time since we are staying offsite. So that means we can only pre=book for 4 days? We then make each of the day 5-8 park ressies as we use the initial ones. So can I also then call in 1 day at a time for advance DAS selections as we book each subsequent park reservation? Or do we forfeit the last 4 days of preselection since we won't have reservations when I make the initial call?
Sorry, this is probably confusing. Or maybe it's been discussed and someone could direct me to the proper post. Thanks!

We are going for 8 days but our APs only allow us to hold 4 park reservations at a time since we are staying offsite. So that means we can only pre=book for 4 days?
Which AP do you have? Pirate limits to 4 theme park reservations if staying off-site; sorcerer or incredi-pass get 5. Correct that you will need a theme park reservation to make DAS Advanced Selections. I assume you’ll be instructed to reconnect to chat to make the Advanced Selections for the later days of your visit, but I don’t think we’ve had anyone report that situation before so please let us know how it works out.

Which AP do you have? Pirate limits to 4 theme park reservations if staying off-site; sorcerer or incredi-pass get 5. Correct that you will need a theme park reservation to make DAS Advanced Selections. I assume you’ll be instructed to reconnect to chat to make the Advanced Selections for the later days of your visit, but I don’t think we’ve had anyone report that situation before so please let us know how it works out.
Some in the group have Pirate and some incredi-pass. So we will be limited to the 4 park reservations. Hopefully we will be able to access the advanced selection options as we add the later park reservations. I will post how we make out after our trip in December.

Good morning,

I just finished my renewal of my DAS registration. I logged in exactly at 7:00 Eastern, and at 7:24 I was finished. Wade came on within about 5 minutes, and did all three steps, looking up the travel party members, registering the das, and the advanced selections.

Times that he offered were pretty flexible. He said it was because I was one of the first ones that got in. Most of them were around 10:00 -11:00 in the morning, or 2:00 or 5:00 in the evening.

Some attractions were already not available at the times I needed, but we found some that worked well anyway. Wade was extremely nice, and very easy to talk to.

I also chatted about having multiple das holders in the travel groups.

He again verified that you can have more than one das pass holder in the travel party, and all members of the group (in my case, there are four total members in the travel party including the two DAS pass holders) can be part of both DAS holders travel party. I'm not sure it would be the same if there was an extremely large group. He reminded me that you need to take care to manage carefully, but stated that the blue umbrella CMs should be able to untangle anything that gets messed up.

Last edited:
That is still the official wording on the WDW site. Some folks have been lucky to book more days if they do the chat early, some have been told to reconnect later once within the 30-day window. And more recently (in the past month?) I've seen reports of a limit of 7 days done in advance of arrival. So it seems to be very much a case of YMMV.
Update: Today (Nov 8) I chatted at 7am to get my DAS preselections for my trip starting Dec. 7 - 17th. The first person I talked to said I could only do ONE day at a time and I would have to call back each and every day to add on another day - since I was only 30 days out from each day. That would mean you should wait until you are 30 days out of your LAST day there. However, many rides will be gone then because even today at the 30 day mark I couldn't get Peter Pan and others I wanted. A couple hours later I tried again and got "Pratt" who said I could get my trip booked at the 30 day plus 10 day mark, just like dining! So we began to make the reservations but it was very slow going. Many things were gone. After about 90 minutes we had done 7 of the days and I needed to go to work. He said I could resume the chat upon my return to finish the last 3 days. Tonight when I tried to finish I got "Webster" who said no he would not let me finish even though he could see that's what Pratt had told me (they can see the whole chat history). He said it was a max of 7 days and in fact he was deleting a day! I asked to speak to a manager and he said there was no one else I could talk to until my arrival and then to go to guest services. I live in MA and we won't be there for 30 days when everything will be gone anyway. I then asked for a phone number. He said there was none! I looked it up and called. They said they usually don't do pre-selections via phone but under the circumstances of what I told them they would try. She was polite and put me on a short hold. Upon return she apologized but said there was a new rule and now they can only do a maximum of FIVE days per trip. Yes. So just today I was told a max of 1, then 7, then 5. At least everyone was nice about it except the Webster who was beyond rude. So YMMV indeed! I guess I'm lucky I got what I got and we will just skip the rest of the days.
Following up on Fantasmic - has anyone tried to use the DAS for Fantasmic on site??? Thanks all!

That is truly bizarre! Yesterday when I called in right away at 7:00 a.m., I was able to book eight days. I wonder if it's a difference between onsite and off-site resort reservations? I am on site. Could that have been it?

Update: Today (Nov 8) I chatted at 7am to get my DAS preselections for my trip starting Dec. 7 - 17th. The first person I talked to said I could only do ONE day at a time and I would have to call back each and every day to add on another day - since I was only 30 days out from each day. That would mean you should wait until you are 30 days out of your LAST day there. However, many rides will be gone then because even today at the 30 day mark I couldn't get Peter Pan and others I wanted. A couple hours later I tried again and got "Pratt" who said I could get my trip booked at the 30 day plus 10 day mark, just like dining! So we began to make the reservations but it was very slow going. Many things were gone. After about 90 minutes we had done 7 of the days and I needed to go to work. He said I could resume the chat upon my return to finish the last 3 days. Tonight when I tried to finish I got "Webster" who said no he would not let me finish even though he could see that's what Pratt had told me (they can see the whole chat history). He said it was a max of 7 days and in fact he was deleting a day! I asked to speak to a manager and he said there was no one else I could talk to until my arrival and then to go to guest services. I live in MA and we won't be there for 30 days when everything will be gone anyway. I then asked for a phone number. He said there was none! I looked it up and called. They said they usually don't do pre-selections via phone but under the circumstances of what I told them they would try. She was polite and put me on a short hold. Upon return she apologized but said there was a new rule and now they can only do a maximum of FIVE days per trip. Yes. So just today I was told a max of 1, then 7, then 5. At least everyone was nice about it except the Webster who was beyond rude. So YMMV indeed! I guess I'm lucky I got what I got and we will just skip the rest of the days.
Following up on Fantasmic - has anyone tried to use the DAS for Fantasmic on site??? Thanks all!
I. have heard the line for Fantasmic is much shorter some are walking up right before show time

That is truly bizarre! Yesterday when I called in right away at 7:00 a.m., I was able to book eight days. I wonder if it's a difference between onsite and off-site resort reservations? I am on site. Could that have been it?
On-site: Yes, they said that does make the difference and we are on site the whole time. That's why Pratt told us we could make up to 10 days reservations - because we were staying on site. But when I returned tonight to finish making those last 3 days I was told staying on site didn't matter and the max was 7 days (by Webster) and then told the max was 5 days when I called! Yes, this was bizarre indeed! You are very lucky you got your 8 days!

I. have heard the line for Fantasmic is much shorter some are walking up right before show time
Oh good! So you don't need to use your DAS for it at all then and don't need to wait in a line? That would be excellent news and I hope it holds true for December when there will only be one show per night (right now there are 2 per night). Thank you!

OK so...I made my DAS pass reservations today and even though I had four days booked with park reservations, the DAS form only allowed me to get passes for 3 days? Should I reach out again and see if this was an error? (Edit for clarification: all days I have reservations are well within the 30 day mark. The form itself that was given to me only had spaces for three days worth of advance selection requests).

OK so...I made my DAS pass reservations today and even though I had four days booked with park reservations, the DAS form only allowed me to get passes for 3 days? Should I reach out again and see if this was an error? (Edit for clarification: all days I have reservations are well within the 30 day mark. The form itself that was given to me only had spaces for three days worth of advance selection requests).
the form only has space for 3 days but they should have you do multiple forms to cover the whole thing. I did five days recently so 2 forms.

the form only has space for 3 days but they should have you do multiple forms to cover the whole thing. I did five days recently so 2 forms.
Ah, OK. May have to reach out and fill out a second form then. Thanks for the help!

What is this form you are talking about? Is this part of the video chat?

What is this form you are talking about? Is this part of the video chat?
After completing the video DAS registration, guests have the opportunity to make 2 DAS Advance Registrations times. The CM you work with to make those sends a form for you to list your top 3 choices for each park day. The form lists 3 days

After completing the video DAS registration, guests have the opportunity to make 2 DAS Advance Registrations times. The CM you work with to make those sends a form for you to list your top 3 choices for each park day. The form lists 3 days
When I did this last fall, the video interviewer made them for me. I just told her what I wanted each day. Do they no longer do this?

Wow, the process has changed since we did this in March! Can you elaborate? We have two children we would be using DAS for and need to co-ordinate their times for the advanced selections. How would that work if you're making selections using a form instead of via a live chat?

When I did this last fall, the video interviewer made them for me. I just told her what I wanted each day. Do they no longer do this?
That's The way I have also always done it. I've never seen anything about a form to fill out. Is this the way they do it for everyone now?

Wow, the process has changed since we did this in March! Can you elaborate? We have two children we would be using DAS for and need to co-ordinate their times for the advanced selections. How would that work if you're making selections using a form instead of via a live chat?
They send a makeshift form via live chat, I'm not sure how it streamlines the process but I'm sure that's the idea. It has you pick your top attractions for the day and then the CM on chat tries to book your picks in order.

I found it easier in the past to tell them what ride we were interested in instead of telling them what you would be ok with getting. I've had a CM that would let us choose one and they try and book that or the last time I had a CM that basically refused to try and book it till I had three options filled in. Not sure about others, but we are usually trying to only get specific rides via pre-selection if they are available.

That's The way I have also always done it. I've never seen anything about a form to fill out. Is this the way they do it for everyone now?

They send a makeshift form via live chat, I'm not sure how it streamlines the process but I'm sure that's the idea. It has you pick your top attractions for the day and then the CM on chat tries to book your picks in order.

I found it easier in the past to tell them what ride we were interested in instead of telling them what you would be ok with getting. I've had a CM that would let us choose one and they try and book that or the last time I had a CM that basically refused to try and book it till I had three options filled in. Not sure about others, but we are usually trying to only get specific rides via pre-selection if they are available.
There are 3 different ways that the DAS Advance Selection process can be done. All 3 ways are still being done, so you could get any of the 3 ways. I’ve actually had all 3 ways during different times that I’ve registered my daughter. From what I’ve been told, which way it happens partly depends on how busy they are. It may also depend on your connection and how it’s working.
To prepare, have 2 choices and an alternate ready for each park day. List them in order of preference. You won’t be able to select exact time, but can ask for morning, afternoon or evening and CMs will try their best.

After completing video registration, the registration CM:
  1. ends the video and sends your text chat to the DAS Advance Selections queue, which usually has a short wait. The text chat with that CM continues in the same chat window. The CM asks you to type your park days and selections into the chat window. They may ask for one park day at a time, or ask you to type in multiple days at once. This is the way it operated when the video registration process started.
  2. ends the video and sends your text chat to the DAS Advance Selections queue, which usually has a short wait. The text chat with that CM continues in the same chat window. The CM asks to send a secure form in a new Popup window for you to type in your 2 top and one alternate selections for each park day. The form may be for 3 days or 7 days. After making your selections, the form is returned to that CM and you converse in text chat. This is probably the most common.
  3. continues on the same video chat to complete doing your DAS Advance Selections with you on the video. This was not happening at the start, is probably least common and only happens when it’s not busy.
The CM may come back to you with choices before making the final selection. They will ask you to verify what was scheduled and you will have a chance to make changes - but, be aware the original choice may be deleted and you may not get it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter