WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
1666789147286.png
Haven't done it yet, but it's great that they will register the 2nd member also so if they party splits, they can still do their own return times. (I think that what I understood from your post). Did the 2nd DAS pass applicant need to be present on the video call with you?

I went around in circles with several folks lately, and finally got confirmation from the DAS Disney folks directly stating that you CAN have multiple DAS holders in one travel party. If you want more info, here are the posts from when I researched this... Our Mods here were also a great resource on this.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...e-is-an-updated-summary.3849395/post-64244674

View attachment 713890
Haven't done it yet, but it's great that they will register the 2nd member also so if they party splits, they can still do their own return times. (I think that what I understood from your post). Did the 2nd DAS pass applicant need to be present on the video call with you?

I went around in circles with several folks lately, and finally got confirmation from the DAS Disney folks directly stating that you CAN have multiple DAS holders in one travel party. If you want more info, here are the posts from when I researched this... Our Mods here were also a great resource on this.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...e-is-an-updated-summary.3849395/post-64244674
According to WDW rules, every person registering for DAS needs to be present on a video call - part of it is to get their photo taken.
Adults need to register themselves (if on the same call, answer the questions for themselves) unless it’s a disabled adult who has a guardian. Children need to be registered by their parent or guardian.

I think there was some misunderstanding about terms. A DAS user can’t be registered under another DAS user:
- i.e. can’t have their own DAS AND be listed as a Guest on another DAS user
- can’t have a DAS Return Time under their own DAS and another DAS Return Time as a guest of another DAS user.
We have only DAS Registered Guest in our party. If we had a second, that person would be listed at the top of the screenshot under Registered Guest, with the Guests Joining all listed below. Since we have only one DAS user, she is automatically checked by the app when we go to make a DAS Return Time. If we had more than one DAS user, they would each have an unfilled checkbox.
If both DAS 1 & 2 wanted to go on the same attraction, you would choose both of them and choose ‘Select All’ to choose the rest of the guests to include.
If DAS 1 wanted to go on something DAS 2 didn’t, you would choose DAS 1 for a DAS Return Time, then choose the Guests Joining.
DAS 2 could choose a DAS Return Time for themself, then choose any of the Guests Joining who are not already on DAS 1’s Return Time.

7AC8ACA2-8550-4B98-BECB-85725EC9DA3A.jpeg

View attachment 713890

Yes, all DAS members needed to be present.

According to WDW rules, every person registering for DAS needs to be present on a video call - part of it is to get their photo taken.
Adults need to register themselves (if on the same call, answer the questions for themselves) unless it’s a disabled adult who has a guardian. Children need to be registered by their parent or guardian.

I think there was some misunderstanding about terms. A DAS user can’t be registered under another DAS user:
- i.e. can’t have their own DAS AND be listed as a Guest on another DAS user
- can’t have a DAS Return Time under their own DAS and another DAS Return Time as a guest of another DAS user.
We have only DAS Registered Guest in our party. If we had a second, that person would be listed at the top of the screenshot under Registered Guest, with the Guests Joining all listed below. Since we have only one DAS user, she is automatically checked by the app when we go to make a DAS Return Time. If we had more than one DAS user, they would each have an unfilled checkbox.
If both DAS 1 & 2 wanted to go on the same attraction, you would choose both of them and choose ‘Select All’ to choose the rest of the guests to include.
If DAS 1 wanted to go on something DAS 2 didn’t, you would choose DAS 1 for a DAS Return Time, then choose the Guests Joining.
DAS 2 could choose a DAS Return Time for themself, then choose any of the Guests Joining who are not already on DAS 1’s Return Time.

View attachment 713944
I have a question regarding this. We arrive on Friday so I can't see this screen yet to make reservations. All I can see are the existing Advanced reservations, which are all under one DAS user, and the word "registered" appears only under his name. Even though another member of the party is a registered DAS user. However, you said that a person can’t have their own DAS and be listed as a Guest on another DAS user. Does that mean that ours were done incorrectly, because the other DAS user is listed in the party under the first DAS user's reservation? I hope that's clear on what I'm asking
.476EEB86-0724-412C-B650-12AFA177D77A.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a question regarding this. We arrive on Friday so I can't see this screen yet to make reservations. All I can see are the existing Advanced reservations, which are all under one DAS user, and the word "registered" appears only under his name. Even though another member of the party is a registered DAS user. However, you said that a person can’t have their own DAS and be listed as a Guest on another DAS user. Does that mean that ours were done incorrectly, because the other DAS user is listed in the party under the first DAS user's reservation? I hope that's clear on what I'm asking
.View attachment 713973
You won’t see anything except the DAS Advance Selections until you actually enter a park for the first time. Once you’ve actually entered a park for the first time, you should be able to see both DAS users on the app.
If you can’t, just go to Guest Relations or one of the Guest Experience umbrellas and they will be able to help you.

From what I’ve read, when trying to get 2 DAS users on the same DAS Advance Selection, it may look and work a bit differently for the CM arranging them. I wouldn’t worry exactly how it looks as long as everyone is listed on the DAS Advance Selection.

From what I’ve read, when trying to get 2 DAS users on the same DAS Advance Selection, it may look and work a bit differently for the CM arranging them. I wouldn’t worry exactly how it looks as long as everyone is listed on the DAS Advance Selection.
Just to add to this... Above is the first report I've read of including both on the same Advanced Selections. Previous reports had each DAS user scheduled for the Advanced Selections but the times didn't always align, therefore splitting the party. I think WDW is trying to figure out how to make Advanced Selections work for parties with multiple DAS users.

In-park DAS Return Times will work somewhat differently than the booking of the Advanced Selections.

Just to add to this... Above is the first report I've read of including both on the same Advanced Selections. Previous reports had each DAS user scheduled for the Advanced Selections but the times didn't always align, therefore splitting the party. I think WDW is trying to figure out how to make Advanced Selections work for parties with multiple DAS users.

In-park DAS Return Times will work somewhat differently than the booking of the Advanced Selections.
Yes, from what I had been reading, each DAS user needed their own reservation. However, the cast member said that one user could be listed under another, which surprised me.

Has anyone at the parks this week inquired about how Fantasmic reservations will work for DAS users, or if they'll even be available?

Has anyone at the parks this week inquired about how Fantasmic reservations will work for DAS users, or if they'll even be available?
I doubt that there will be any info until at least November 3, when it opens

Quick question about DAS return times. My son has his own MDE account. DAS pre registration was done on his account. Our accounts are linked so all the DAS advance reservations show up on my MDE account. My question is when we go to the parks can I request a DAS return time on my MDE account or do they all have to be made under my son’s MDE account?

Quick question about DAS return times. My son has his own MDE account. DAS pre registration was done on his account. Our accounts are linked so all the DAS advance reservations show up on my MDE account. My question is when we go to the parks can I request a DAS return time on my MDE account or do they all have to be made under my son’s MDE account?
You can request on your MDE (I did 90% for my family even though Hubby is the DAS holder).

No matter whose account makes the booking, he should tap in first and wait for the CM to confirm him before the rest of the party taps in.

just did my advance DAS on oct. 29 ( Saturday). at 5pm EST and there was no wait got right on just an FYI

Good morning - trip is coming up soon! We are a family of 4 and us 4 are all set up on our pre-registered DAS selections. On our first night, we are meeting up with two other families. We are all linked in Family and Friends. For that night, the kids will want to go on at least one ride together. If I go to select a ride using the DAS return tool, how many people can I add on to my son's DAS? Or, will my other Friends and Family not show since we did not pre-register with them?

Theoretically, anyone who is linked to the DAS is able to make DAS Return Times in the park.
In actual practice, we’ve found it to be glitchy. My daughter doesn’t have her own account and was registered using her dad’s account. I have my own account and even though I can see her on my account, I find it worked better to just sign into my husband’s account on my phone. Our friend tried to make DAS Return Times on his phone for us. Even though he is linked to the DAS and is able to see the place to add a DAS Return Time and start the process, it has never completed.
Good morning - trip is coming up soon! We are a family of 4 and us 4 are all set up on our pre-registered DAS selections. On our first night, we are meeting up with two other families. We are all linked in Family and Friends. For that night, the kids will want to go on at least one ride together. If I go to select a ride using the DAS return tool, how many people can I add on to my son's DAS? Or, will my other Friends and Family not show since we did not pre-register with them?
They would need to be in your Friends and Family list and be linked to the DAS. Additional guests can be added to the DAS in the park at Guest Relations or one of the Guest Experience umbrellas, but can’t be added to your DAS Advanced Selections.
It’s possible they may allow you to have more than 6 guests linked to the DAS (5 plus the person with the disability). Be prepared that even if they allow more than 6 total, you may be limited to no more than 6 on each DAS Return Time.

Theoretically, anyone who is linked to the DAS is able to make DAS Return Times in the park.
In actual practice, we’ve found it to be glitchy. My daughter doesn’t have her own account and was registered using her dad’s account. I have my own account and even though I can see her on my account, I find it worked better to just sign into my husband’s account on my phone. Our friend tried to make DAS Return Times on his phone for us. Even though he is linked to the DAS and is able to see the place to add a DAS Return Time and start the process, it has never completed.

They would need to be in your Friends and Family list and be linked to the DAS. Additional guests can be added to the DAS in the park at Guest Relations or one of the Guest Experience umbrellas, but can’t be added to your DAS Advanced Selections.
It’s possible they may allow you to have more than 6 guests linked to the DAS (5 plus the person with the disability). Be prepared that even if they allow more than 6 total, you may be limited to no more than 6 on each DAS Return Time.
Should I spend the time now, before we leave, to speak with Disability Services to help link these two other families to my sons DAS?

Hi all, stupid question. We are going for 2 weeks, should I wait until 30 days before my last park day to try the video chat or can I make the video chat on our 30 day arrival day? In the initial rollout I think we had to wait until all our days were in the 30 day window. TIA.

Should I spend the time now, before we leave, to speak with Disability Services to help link these two other families to my sons DAS?
I don't believe the chat will make any changes in advance to who is linked to the DAS, and being separate family units which combined put you over the 6-person max they likely wouldn't have done it even if you asked when you first registered. They'll inform you to do it in the park.

In the initial rollout I think we had to wait until all our days were in the 30 day window.
That is still the official wording on the WDW site. Some folks have been lucky to book more days if they do the chat early, some have been told to reconnect later once within the 30-day window. And more recently (in the past month?) I've seen reports of a limit of 7 days done in advance of arrival. So it seems to be very much a case of YMMV.

That is still the official wording on the WDW site. Some folks have been lucky to book more days if they do the chat early, some have been told to reconnect later once within the 30-day window. And more recently (in the past month?) I've seen reports of a limit of 7 days done in advance of arrival. So it seems to be very much a case of YMMV.
Thanks. I will just wait the 30 days until the last day of our trip. I appreciate even if they do 7 days.

All of our park days were within the 30 day window and the CM would only make DAS Advance Selections for the first 7 days of our trip. I was told I would have to wait until after we used the first day of DAS Advance Selections before I could make any more.

also, it was not because they were busy at the time. Both the CM doing DAS registration and the one doing the DAS Advance Selections told me it was a very slow day.
Hi all, stupid question. We are going for 2 weeks, should I wait until 30 days before my last park day to try the video chat or can I make the video chat on our 30 day arrival day? In the initial rollout I think we had to wait until all our days were in the 30 day window. TIA.
it’s 30 days to 2 days before your first park day, not your arrival day (unless you have a park reservation for your arrival day).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter