WDW Summary of NEW DAS changes and Disney Genie - Post ONE is an updated summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there is a lot of issues getting connected, but One question I have is...

Those that are getting through....has anyone had trouble with times not being available for the rides they want DAS Advance for?

I know there is a lot of issues getting connected, but One question I have is...

Those that are getting through....has anyone had trouble with times not being available for the rides they want DAS Advance for?
Per their instructions, I gave them a vague timeframe for each ride I wanted (morning, early afternoon, late afternoon/evening, etc.). For most attractions, they were able to accommodate that. For a few rides that did not have a time within my vague timeframe request, they gave me three actual times to choose from during other parts of the day. I was not told that any ride I requested was completely unavailable in 8 days of park reservations.

I would also note that you should check what they book for you while they are still on chat. It appears in "my plans" in real time as they book. They booked 2 attractions with the same start time as my pre-existing ADRs, and I had to notice that and ask them to reschedule. Otherwise I would have had to go back into chat another time to fix it.

Is there a special telephone number you need to call to start the process for DAS? If not how do you start the process? Thank You

Is there a special telephone number you need to call to start the process for DAS? If not how do you start the process? Thank You
lanejudy posted the website link before I got to it.
There is also a lot of information collected in the first post of this thread.

Even though it goes to the same website link, some people have reported good luck with using the links in the My Disney Experience app. Sign into your account in the app, then tap the 3 lines in the right side of the bottom menu.
That will open a page of options - scroll down to Accessibility and tap that.
CFEC5610-D13E-4EAB-B983-628C09AD6C4F.jpeg

The Accessibility section has a lot of links to general information on the Disney website.
Tap the Disability Access Service tile to get to the DAS registration info.

ABDC1297-64C1-4818-8AD1-5EB5A65E31EF.jpeg

The webpage that opens actually has 2 registration links - both go to the same place on the WDW website.
48D0C558-3A05-4E8B-A319-2F13E51E8480.jpeg

Well, 9th time trying was the charm!! I was able to get in, and book my pre-selections this morning. Took about 3-1/3+ hours from initial join at 6:02 (CT). WHEW!!!

2 things I learned today:

Onsite guests will now be able to initiate the video chat at 30 days from FIRST park. Just like ADRs, you can book for your whole stay, rather than waiting until 30 days prior to LAST day.
Also, shows are no longer part of the pre-selections - For example, in AK, Festival of the Lion King and Animation Experience cannot be selected.

Well, 9th time trying was the charm!! I was able to get in, and book my pre-selections this morning. Took about 3-1/3+ hours from initial join at 6:02 (CT). WHEW!!!

2 things I learned today:

Onsite guests will now be able to initiate the video chat at 30 days from FIRST park. Just like ADRs, you can book for your whole stay, rather than waiting until 30 days prior to LAST day.
Also, shows are no longer part of the pre-selections - For example, in AK, Festival of the Lion King and Animation Experience cannot be selected.
Hallelujah! Glad you finally got through!

That’s true, but has DisneyLand rolled out Genie yet?
No Genie/+ yet over here at Disneyland (as of 11/12/21)…but updates that have occurred:

1) Web Slingers (@Dca) has standby queue now (they have “paused” virtual/Boarding groups for the time being).

2) ROTR is still using virtual BG (every morning starting @7am if Reservation is for DL)

3) Small World experienced a “flooding” that has delayed attraction’s reopening w/holiday overlay.🥺

4) holiday food festival starts today @Dca & Disney will allow Guests that had “unused tabs” from their “2020 Sip n Savor Pass” to be accepted “this one time”…just make sure tabs are still attached to the original 2020 lanyard pass✅

Do I understand right? no advance registration for Fancy Rides?

edited: the only ride with special DAS rules is Remy?

Do I understand right? no advance registration for Fancy Rides?

edited: the only ride with special DAS rules is Remy?
For WDW, the Individual Lightning Lane (individual pay) attractions are not available for DAS Advance Selection. Guests who complete the video DAS registration will be able to choose from a selection of the Genie+ Lightning Lane attractions - not all attractions or times may be available to choose. Some people have posted recently they were told the live shows (like Festival of the Lion King) are not available.

This screenshot from the WDW website Genie informations shows which are Individual Lightning Lane Attractions.
6C236FD6-21E3-44DD-B79F-79EC6755BB3C.jpeg

At this point, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure is the only attraction with a Virtual queue.
All guests must join a Virtual queue in order to ride. When their Boarding group is called, guests registered for DAS talk to a CM at the entrance and are able to enter with a short wait.
This is a link to the WDW website page about Virtual queues and how to join.

Guests can get a DAS Return Time for Lightning Lane attractions that have a Standby line the same as any other attraction.

Got my DAS today via video chat. My times for anyone that’s interested:

6:04 Central: Enter chat queue
8:19 Central: Cast member asks a few questions via chat
8:22 Central: Transferred to Video Chat queue
10:40 Central: Video chat cast member responds for first time and then starts video chat
10:51 Central: Transferred to DAS planning cast member.
11:04 Central: All done!!

So 5 hours from start to finish. It was not fun as it would make you log back in every 30 mins and I had the hardest time getting the chat to reconnect when it did that. One time it took me 20 mins to get it reloaded. Panicking the whole time that I’d have to start over! That being said, I’m glad it’s done and my pre-selections are booked. :)

Done, it was less time than I expected and I did get everything I wanted, during the windows I wanted. The logging in and out was definitely annoying. I opened on browser (PC and Chrome) and my iPhone. Phone eventually froze.

7:00 am log in
8:12 am filled in the form for accessing reservations etc
9:10 am video chat
9:17 am immediately picked up by a planner, typed in my wish list
9:49 am finished

We have 2 family members that always travel with us. We were not sure if they were coming until today (They just purchased their tickets as well)
So, when I made the advanced passes I could not get them added. Does anyone know how Disney will address adding them after we get there? I am assuming they can't get on the passes we prescheduled but I am hooping they can come with us on any others we ride when we are there. Just not sure if the system would make a distinction and it is going to be terrible if we can't go on any with them (we are not park commandos and usually just spend a few hours at a time in the parks.

I think I've seen it reported that you can change your party/scheduled attractions up to two days prior to that scheduled day, depending on availability. You could log into the REQUEST VIDEO CHAT again to ask, I guess... .

I think I've seen it reported that you can change your party/scheduled attractions up to two days prior to that scheduled day, depending on availability. You could log into the REQUEST VIDEO CHAT again to ask, I guess... .
After all the hours I spent already :(

We are currently at WDW and finding that we are not using most of the advance DAS selections that we made, but instead having a lot of success with getting DAS return times from the app. I think it is because we are able to progress through the attractions faster than we thought, especially when using Genie+.
Also, we found out at guest services that you cannot have your picture changed. My wife saw hers when tapping into a ride and just hates it. She wasn’t expecting the video chat to go through (hours on hold the day before) and was still in her robe, not ready for the day yet.

We may just go back to getting the DAS in person, the advanced selections just not worth the stress of the video chat.

Rise of the Resistance is no longer using Virtual queue/ Boarding groups. It stopped on September 23. Guests wanting to ride it can choose to pay for the Individual Lightning Lane. There is also a Standby Wait line; since there is a posted wait time, guests using DAS are able to get a DAS Return Time.

The only attraction currently using Virtual Queue/Boarding Groups is Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure. Disney has noted that Virtual Queues may be added or stopped for attractions depending on crowd levels.

At this point, EVERY guest who wants to ride Remy needs to get into the Virtual queue; this includes guests using DAS. They still must get into the Virtual queue; DAS is used AFTER the Boarding group is called.
The first opportunity to join the queue from My Disney Experience is at 7am on the day of visit. For that, you need to have a Park Reservation for EPCOT, but don’t need to be in the park. The 7am reservations tend to fill pretty quickly, so they may be closed a few minutes after 7.

The next opportunity to sign up is at 1pm in EPCOT. The 1pm Virtual queue may fill up quickly; if any spots are left after 1pm, the Virtual queue signup area on the My Disney Experience app will still show up and it will be listed on the status boards near the blue Guest Experience umbrellas (the CMs there can also help you sign up).

If they add back any Virtusl queues, they would work the same.
Thank you so much! So if I am able to secure a virtual queue time for Remy, at that point would you reserve a DAS time for that ride? Or do you just tell the CM at the ride you have DAS?

Thank you so much! So if I am able to secure a virtual queue time for Remy, at that point would you reserve a DAS time for that ride? Or do you just tell the CM at the ride you have DAS?
You tell them you have a DAS when you get called with your virtual queue. They then can send you through the shorter line.

Guests who are using DAS or paying for Individual Lighning Lane access use the Lightning Lane. All other guests use the Virtual queue Standby Lane.

As you approach the attraction, the Standby Lane is on the right and the Lightning Lane is on the left. Let the CM near the entrance know you are using DAS. That CM will scan for DAS and then send you to the CM at the entrance of the Lightning Lane to scan for your Boarding group. Then, your party will be allowed into the Lightning Lane for a short wait. (They may change which CM scans what, but in general, this is how it works).

Online takes forever, we tried only 1 day, and after sitting there for hours I gave up. Went into the park Thursday stood in line for about 10 mins and renewed our DAS.

Online is a great idea, and hope one day is quicker but going in person is better right now imo. Yes, you don’t get to reserve any ahead of time,(and that’s awesome they are doing this) but it’s really not necessary, we are always able to do everything without it. Hopefully, online will work smoother as time goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter