WDW Resorts have a few manual Wheel Chairs that can...

tink2dw

Pixie Dust or Bust!!
WDW Resorts, for those staying in those hotels onsite, have a few manual Wheel Chairs that can be reserved sort of[like a PS], in advance for your WDW trip. If they have a wheel chair available,when you are there, then you can use it,free of charge,for your stay or for as many days as you will need it. But you have to request it in advance of your arrival. And then ask for the wheel chair at check in!!

Is this new (the reserving part)? People have posted before that they have the wheelchairs at the resorts, but you could not ask for them ahead of time. Some had posted that even with working thru the WDW Resort Special Reservations at (407) 939-7807 (voice) or (407) 939-7670 (TTY), you could not get one for sure. It was just "if one is available when you check in, you can borrow it."

I asked a CM at the CBR ahead of time, and he told me they were first-come, first-served for the wheelchairs at the resorts but not to worry, they would have plenty for the time we were there. So when we checked in I asked for one, and they went and got it and we were on our way! We did have to leave a Visa imprint in case we lost it. It had a chain lock with it.

Not sure about this either. In September we were told specifically by Special Requests that they are definitely first-come, first-served. Since we weren't sure how my DM would do we waited until we got to the resort & when it was apparent that she needed something to help her get around I went to Guest Services and got a chair. Unfortunately they only had one chair left & it was a wider-than-normal chair size. It was really uncomfortable for her so we called Walker and rented the ECV for the remainder of the trip. Also there was no lock on the chair at all, it did however say the resort name on the back (ASMo).

Is the reservations system new?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter