WDW Post Cruise

Could you change your transportation and maybe get a private car service? That way you get more control over when you leave the port and it should only take less than an hour to get to the resort. A quick drop of bags at Bell Services and you could conceivably be in the parks 10/11am.
Do you have recommendations for private car service?

If you are staying at WDW after your cruise, you will have time to go to a park on debarkation day. Arriving around noon sounds right. I prefer to Rope Drop on Magic Kingdom day, so I can get through several rides with minimal crowds, so I would choose a different park with fewer rides for the first day, but that's a personal choice. The ship should dock by 7 am, so you should have cell service to use for Genie+/LL if you want.

I agree that if you want to arrive more quickly, you could use private transport, and that renting a car (although you'd have the additional time to get to the rental agency) would allow you to leave luggage in the car and delay stopping at your resort until after you'd spent time in the park. (That assumes you don't need to worry about temperature control on the luggage.)
Thats a good point about Genie+ stuff! I prefer rope drop for MK too but that's the park I'd consider the most bc of having littles.

Getting to a park at noon is plenty long enough for me. But I am still using a cheap ticket from years ago. And I don’t have kids who would need a nap mid afternoon.

The question becomes - what will you do with yourselves if you don’t go to a park? And can’t get in your room until mid-afternoon?

Go to Disney Springs? A waterpark? Play at the resort pool?

I’m guessing that you are staying several days at WDW? Or is that in question, too?
Probably head to Disney Springs!

No just that one day as of now

Do you have a recommended time to try heading off the cruise ship to make the 9am bus?
It may have changed since the last time we did this (Feb 2020), but here's how it worked then. They know how many people have booked transfers (you definitely have to book ahead) and where they are going so they know about how many buses they need. They start loading them around 9 and leave when they are full. If there are a lot of people, they will usually designate some buses to go to 3-4 resorts and will direct you to the right bus. We were staying at AKL and got there around 10:30-ish. Left our bags with bell services and went to the parks. Not sure what time we got to the parks because we were waiting on friends to arrive so I do remember sitting in the lobby for a bit. But we were in the parks at a reasonable time and spent a good portion of the day there.

I'm going back to WDW for one night after my cruise - going for 3 nights before - and my plan is Disney Springs the afternoon and evening of disembarkation day. I'm still debating getting a ticket to a park (AK) the following day since my flight isn't until 9pm so my pick up time will be 5:30/6. I like Disney Springs, but I'm not THAT much of a shopaholic to spend an afternoon/evening and then most of another day there.

After our cruise in Feb we drove to WDW after disembarking in Port Canaveral. That day we hung out at the pool then went to AKL for dinner. The next day we did EP and MK, and the following day we drove home. It was a really nice end to our trip.

Do you have recommendations for private car service?
I haven't used a car service, so I can't give a personal recommendation. I think I've seen Tiffany's and Happy Limo mentioned with good reviews. I'm sure there are others as well.

Do you have any towncar recommendations? Obviously we would need car seats.
We have used Happy Limo and Tiffany Towncar - both will provide car seats if asked. There are a number of towncar companies, I would just go to their websites and find the price that works best for you. Both provided excellent service and I would use both again.

In 2016, we went to WDW after our cruise. I feel like we got to the resort very early-I can't remember the time, but I feel like it was early that we got to the resort.

Also, we used Southern Elegance as our Limo company from the cruise ship and to Universal Studios last summer, and from Universal to the airport. They were awesome! A little pricey, but right on time and very classy. I totally recommend!

Has anyone used uber or lyft to get to and from the cruise to wdw? Thinking this would be the best price for our family of 5. Thanks

We are thinking of either doing disney before cruise and universal after cruise vs. The opposite. Going to take disney transportation one way and private from/to Universal. Having a hard time deciding which way is more advantageous compared to the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter