WDW park entry steps

wowzadisney

Earning My Ears
hey everyone,

we are a party of 5, i linked all 5 tickets to the MDE app and have all our names assigned to each ticket. i also made park reservations.

im new to this but from my understanding when we get to the parks, we just open the app and they scan each of the bar codes associated with the tickets and we walk in? adn we do this everyday or each park we do into ( base tickets)?

somene was telling me on day 1 you might need to perform extra steps. like finger print or go to the ticket counter before going to the park enterance.

thanks for the help

Will need to do fingerprints for everyone. I don’t know about scanning barcodes. I think you need to add the tickets to your phone’s wallet or get plastic cards. I don’t think the park entrances or Lightening Lane attraction entrances have barcode readers. They use RFID, which the cards and phone wallets do. Disneyland has barcode readers, but not Disney World.

thanks,

ya im used to disneyland so the WDW stuff is new to me. how do i add the tickets to my "phones wallet"

we are staying offsite if that matters

thanks,

ya im used to disneyland so the WDW stuff is new to me. how do i add the tickets to my "phones wallet"

we are staying offsite if that matters
In the MDE mobile app, touch the menu icon (3 bars at bottom right). Then select Disney MagicMobile. Follow the steps to add them to the wallet on your smartphone.

In the MDE mobile app, touch the menu icon (3 bars at bottom right). Then select Disney MagicMobile. Follow the steps to add them to the wallet on your smartphone.
thanks so much, i just did that ! so now i assume i dont need to go to the ticket office and i can go right to the park gate and show them the magicmobile passes via my google wallet?

Fastest and easiest for repeated use would be to stop at one of the ticket counters on your way into your first park (or stop by Guest Services at Disney Springs the day before) and get the (free) hard tickets for everyone to use to scan in at the parks, and scan for any Lightning Lanes you might have. Would take a few minutes the first time, but would probably save you time entering, rather than having to pull up 5 different tickets on your phone, and wait while the right person does the finger thing, then switches...

Fastest and easiest for repeated use would be to stop at one of the ticket counters on your way into your first park (or stop by Guest Services at Disney Springs the day before) and get the (free) hard tickets for everyone to use to scan in at the parks, and scan for any Lightning Lanes you might have. Would take a few minutes the first time, but would probably save you time entering, rather than having to pull up 5 different tickets on your phone, and wait while the right person does the finger thing, then switches...
i like that too. i think im going to do that. can i do that even though i activated the magicmobile passes

thanks so much, i just did that ! so now i assume i dont need to go to the ticket office and i can go right to the park gate and show them the magicmobile passes via my google wallet?
You don’t show them. You bring up the wallet and the passes use RFUD against the tapstile scanners. You can’t just bring up a picture in the wallet. It has to be the actual RFID pass. I have iPhone. I have to double click my power button from the phone asleep. Not sure how android works.

You don’t show them. You bring up the wallet and the passes use RFUD against the tapstile scanners. You can’t just bring up a picture in the wallet. It has to be the actual RFID pass. I have iPhone. I have to double click my power button from the phone asleep. Not sure how android works.
On an iPhone, if express mode is enabled for the ticket you want to use you don't need to double click the power button. You can simply touch the iPhone to the reader.

As for Android, you have to open Google Wallet and select the ticket you want to use.

If multiple tickets on a single iPhone, you have to open Apple Wallet and select each ticket individually.

On an iPhone, if express mode is enabled for the ticket you want to use you don't need to double click the power button. You can simply touch the iPhone to the reader.

As for Android, you have to open Google Wallet and select the ticket you want to use.

If multiple tickets on a single iPhone, you have to open Apple Wallet and select each ticket individually.
Actually, you can still do the double click on iphone and swipe through the tickets. Didn't know about the express mode though. I will have to try that. Thanks

We've received the plastic tickets the first time we enter a park. Can these still be requested? So much easier than taking time going to Guest Services which can be very busy in the morning.

We much prefer the plastic tickets as one person needing to flip through their wallet for each person, each time a LL is used, clogs up the tap points. Plastic tickets are very easy to use.

We've received the plastic tickets the first time we enter a park. Can these still be requested? So much easier than taking time going to Guest Services which can be very busy in the morning.

We much prefer the plastic tickets as one person needing to flip through their wallet for each person, each time a LL is used, clogs up the tap points. Plastic tickets are very easy to use.
My understanding is that yes, the CMs at the tapstiles can still issue plastic tickets. But issuing them for a group can cause a backup at the tapstile, so if more than one or two tickets is needed, it’s courteous to go to the ticket booth or GR to get them.

i like that too. i think im going to do that. can i do that even though i activated the magicmobile passes
This would be the easiest to deal with each day and if you buy Genie+. We were group of 6 adults, 2 used MagicBands, 1 used a hard ticket card we got at GR/Ticket Booth and 3 used their phones. MB & Card were through in a flash, system was not as fast for the phones, getting it positioned right. And the phone users were the younger, more IT inclined of the group but still had to wiggle around trying to get it to connect. I def would hate to scan a group of people with one phone.

Been enough times now with folks in front of us using their phones .... me rolling my eyes as they try to get it to scan holding up line ... I would for sure just get hard tickets to use! Keep it easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter