WDW Onsite Guests Staying 28 - 31 Aug Galaxy Edge NO EMH

alicecooper

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I have started this thread for all those guests staying onsite at WDW from 28-31 August.

We have been given NO Extra Magic Hours as a hotel benefit to access Star Wars Galaxy's Edge.

Which I find extremely unfair and as so I have sent a complaint email

to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com.

If you could do the same I think this might be the only WDW will take notice that we are not happy.

Disneyland California hotel guests received a designated time.

WDW guests after the 1 Sept get 3 Extra Magic hours.

Yet we get nothing.

Thanks for reading.

You could look it as unfair to onsite guests that they don't get extra benefits for 3 days, or you could look at it as pretty darn awesome that onsite guests are going to get 2 full months of EEMH every single day. All in how you look at it, I guess.

I, for one, think it's really nice of Disney to make those first days equitable for all guests. For those who cannot afford to stay onsite, and, perhaps more importantly - for locals - there will be a couple short days where it will be a level playing field.

Last edited:
My opinion - totally unfair to onsite guests, and I also hope folks voice their displeasure to Guest Services.

More interesting is why they came up with this decision. I guarantee that it was not egalitarianism, but can’t figure out why placing no limits on crowds for the first three days of opening makes operational sense.

My opinion - totally unfair to onsite guests, and I also hope folks voice their displeasure to Guest Services.

More interesting is why they came up with this decision. I guarantee that it was not egalitarianism, but can’t figure out why placing no limits on crowds for the first three days of opening makes operational sense.
I guarantee they are going to have limits. They are emphasizing capacity is limited in their promotional material.

I guarantee they are going to have limits. They are emphasizing capacity is limited in their promotional material.
Agree there has to be a limit re how many people can be in SWGE at any given time, but looking more and more like this will just be a giant queue outside the land that starts at 6a and builds throughout the day. Is your read still that there will be an additional crowd management mechanism beyond extending park hours/EMH?

Hi,

I have started this thread for all those guests staying onsite at WDW from 28-31 August.

We have been given NO Extra Magic Hours as a hotel benefit to access Star Wars Galaxy's Edge.

Which I find extremely unfair and as so I have sent a complaint email

to wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com.

If you could do the same I think this might be the only WDW will take notice that we are not happy.

Disneyland California hotel guests received a designated time.

WDW guests after the 1 Sept get 3 Extra Magic hours.

Yet we get nothing.

Thanks for reading.

I haven’t seen any loss for guests staying the 28th-31st. Those dates are a Wednesday to Saturday.
Typically the morning extra magic hour at HS is on a Sunday, so nothing has been taken away. :confused3

I’d understand your frustration if they were taking away an extra magic hour at HS on those dates, but they’re not.

Agree there has to be a limit re how many people can be in SWGE at any given time, but looking more and more like this will just be a giant queue outside the land that starts at 6a and builds throughout the day. Is your read still that there will be an additional crowd management mechanism beyond extending park hours/EMH?
I still believe they will do something more than just a giant queue but that could change based on what they see fit and how Disneyland goes.

I haven’t seen any loss for guests staying the 28th-31st. Those dates are a Wednesday to Saturday.
Typically the morning extra magic hour at HS is on a Sunday, so nothing has been taken away. :confused3

I’d understand your frustration if they were taking away an extra magic hour at HS on those dates, but they’re not.
This is pretty basic psychology...it’s not about something being taken away.

This is pretty basic psychology...it’s not about something being taken away.
I really understand your frustration. From a planning point, when you booked a reservation for opening day you saw park hours (9am-8:30pm) no EMH , you can't expect them to add anything to that and if you did, I'm sorry, but it's on you. They now have extended hours dramatically, so they have added 3 hours in the morning and 1.5 for the evening. How is that unfair?
If they would've said from the beginning that they would have emh for those days and taken them away, I would be all up in arms with you

It deff levels the playing field.

Maybe they didn’t give preference to onsite guests cause they knew they didn’t have to cause rooms are filled eniufh and they made thier money. If roomsxwerent as filled maybexthey would have sone something like California. I’m just thinking out loud.

It’s going to be a mad house. That’s all I know. I bet those extra extr hours get extended right into next year.

I absolutely understand your frustration. I’m fortunate that our trip falls with just 1 day of no EMH and the rest with. I think it’s an enormous kiss to local AP holders more than anything. But I’m definitely perplexed as to how there’s nothing extra for on site guests as it relates to SW:GE at this time.

An update.

I sent a polite complaint email to WDW and it is almost 6 days with not even a generic response. They say that it takes up to 7 days to respond but I am not hopeful.

So tomorrow I am going to send a harsher complaint email and cc any email addresses I can find like george.kalogridis@disney.com, robert.a.iger@disney.com.

If you are a hotel guest staying onsite 28/29/30/31 and are also annoyed please contact WDW and Disney fan boards.

I am sure there are a LOT of hotel guests that could send complaints in.

Disney I am 'guessing' are sacrificing their hotel guests staying 28/29/30/31 for the news headlines.

They want the TV/newspapers reporting on the 10 hour queues, people sleeping in tents etc good publicity for the opening days but unfortunately the hotel guests are going to lose out.

Thanks

An update.

I sent a polite complaint email to WDW and it is almost 6 days with not even a generic response. They say that it takes up to 7 days to respond but I am not hopeful.

So tomorrow I am going to send a harsher complaint email and cc any email addresses I can find like george.kalogridis@disney.com, robert.a.iger@disney.com.

If you are a hotel guest staying onsite 28/29/30/31 and are also annoyed please contact WDW and Disney fan boards.

I am sure there are a LOT of hotel guests that could send complaints in.

Disney I am 'guessing' are sacrificing their hotel guests staying 28/29/30/31 for the news headlines.

They want the TV/newspapers reporting on the 10 hour queues, people sleeping in tents etc good publicity for the opening days but unfortunately the hotel guests are going to lose out.

Thanks

I’m getting excited for those dates. Another thread made me realize that we can get fp’s during those early hours since they’re not EMH’s. Yes, I know there are no fp’s for SWGE, but still, if you’re going early anyways, and it will be packed, you might as well have 3 fp’s to use on other popular rides between 6am and 9am. :)

I think the problem is they're expecting a massive crowd the first 3 days. So if they did it as EMH, the resort guests would fill up the capacity really quickly and locals and off-site guests would have literally zero chance to get in despite possibly being out all night. That could cause frustration among potentially thousands of tired people who waited all that time. By doing a general opening at 6am (and likely earlier IMHO), it avoids that scenario and gives everyone an even shot. It's a way of evening the playing field a bit for the locals and then providing resort guests the advantage going forward.

If you assume the current schedule is what happens except without the 3 non-EEMH days, locals and offsite guests could theoretically be shut out until November 3rd.

I really wish they’d do it like DL, and also have the storm troopers sweep the land and get it ready for the next group. I think that’s going to be amazing. Another thing they could do for onsite guests is offer some sort of evening event that people could sign up for similar to DL. Although I think when they do add an evening event it will be some sort of paid event and probably not for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter