WDW Marathon January 2025 - who’s in?

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
I’m excited because this morning DD successfully registered to run the marathon, so our long-planned trip, which will also be DGD’s first visit to Disney, is ON. Who else is coming for Marathon Weekend? To run or cheer?

We have BWV booked, of course, but now DD has brought up how much more convenient BLT would be with a stroller, so we might be trying for a Theme Park view 2BR when June rolls around….

DH and I are registered for the half. After 2 years of Dopey/Goofy I am thrilled to have a lighter training load during the winter!

We are planning on cheering for the full.

My sister and I are doing our first runDisney event ever this MW! We are NOT runners haha so of course we signed up for the 10k. Good thing we have a lot of time to start training. I’m surprised we actually got through. RunDisney people here on these boards are so great and shared links so I was able to get a much sooner registration time.

Currently, we’re at Grand Floridian and we’ll likely stay there for this weekend because all studios in our other home resorts are fully booked already lol

I’m so nervous but SO excited:teeth:

My sister and I are doing our first runDisney event ever this MW! We are NOT runners haha so of course we signed up for the 10k. Good thing we have a lot of time to start training. I’m surprised we actually got through. RunDisney people here on these boards are so great and shared links so I was able to get a much sooner registration time.

Currently, we’re at Grand Floridian and we’ll likely stay there for this weekend because all studios in our other home resorts are fully booked already lol

I’m so nervous but SO excited:teeth:
You’ll have such a great time - runDisney races are so much fun! DH and I walked the 5K in 2017, and I wanted to do it again, but my aging body says No. So we’ll be cheering on all the racers!

We are in! Dh and I are signed up for the 10k. (3 kids are also tagging along but not running) We are booked in a studio at VGF, our home resort. I would love to switch to a 2 bedroom at BLT. Would also love Boardwalk or Beach club but I know that’s a long shot(1 bedroom)

I am tempted to stay at VGF even though Dh isn’t really a fan, but we will fly home Sunday and I don’t know about the traffic and how to get to the airport that morning. Waiting for all flights to open before deciding.

Yes, and wasn’t that fun :crazy2:! DH, DS, and I were at DD’s house, multiple devices logged into her account! LOL, I felt strangely elated that my device snagged the position in queue that allowed her to register.

I had 4 going, but just before 10a I asked DW to please let me use her phone, too. That one turned out to be the winner by a landslide. Only one of the other devices was under an hour, and that was at 55 min.

I’m excited because this morning DD successfully registered to run the marathon, so our long-planned trip, which will also be DGD’s first visit to Disney, is ON. Who else is coming for Marathon Weekend? To run or cheer?

We have BWV booked, of course, but now DD has brought up how much more convenient BLT would be with a stroller, so we might be trying for a Theme Park view 2BR when June rolls around….
This sounds great!

Since you mentioned switching to BLT - what is the road closure situation near Magic Kingdom over Marathon Week? I love the walk from BLT to MK but worried that heading to any other park will be that much tougher. Any experienced racers know?

This sounds great!

Since you mentioned switching to BLT - what is the road closure situation near Magic Kingdom over Marathon Week? I love the walk from BLT to MK but worried that heading to any other park will be that much tougher. Any experienced racers know?
The 5K and 10K don’t go near MK, so no problem there. It’s the half and especially the full that cause problems. For more specifics, I’d look at the runDisney forum, especially the 2025 Marathon thread.

This sounds great!

FYI the walking path from BLT to MK is closed until mid morning on Marathon day. Everyone was directed to catch the monorail until around 9:30am if memory serves. Magic Kingdom on marathon day is awesome! Crowds are very low, especially early morning if you can get there. I’ve always found all the parks ok for transport except marathon day. I think it took us over one hour a year or to back to get from CCV to HS. That was a rookie error.

Registered, will be my first marathon!

Anyone know what the availability is like at the 7 month window for marathon weekend? Are all the studio/1BRs gone or will I be able to find something at SSR?
I haven't looked, but if memory of posts here serves me, most if not all studios will be gone by 7 months, especially at the near-park resorts. 1BRs are generally more available, but as you surmise, the largest DVC resorts SSR, AKV, OKW, are most likely to have availability. Here's hopes you'll get lucky! :tink: :tink: :tink:

I haven't looked, but if memory of posts here serves me, most if not all studios will be gone by 7 months, especially at the near-park resorts. 1BRs are generally more available, but as you surmise, the largest DVC resorts SSR, AKV, OKW, are most likely to have availability. Here's hopes you'll get lucky! :tink: :tink: :tink:
Thanks! This was a last minute decision so we didn't have our spot booked right at 11 months, still got the week after though. Hopefully we'll find something for Fri-Sun at 7 months or the waitlist will come through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter