Wdw In Nov?

MOCHAGIRL2

Earning My Ears
I AM THINKING OF A QUICK TRIP FOR MY FAMILY, MYSELF, FIANCE AND DS'S IN LATE OCT.OR THE FIRST OF NOV. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THE WEATHER IS? WILL IT BE WARM ENOUGH TO SWIM, AND HOW ARE THE CROWDS? I THOUGHT ABOUT THANKSGIVING, BUT HAVE CHECKED THE BOARDS AND IT SEEMS IT IS REALLY CROWDED AT THAT TIME OF YEAR. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR THOUGHTS WILL BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS!princess:

We always go the 1st week in Nov. The longest we waited for a ride was 40 mins for Soarin. Our typical wait times were like 10-15 mins (even for the big attractions) We used fast pass maybe 2 or 3 times in the 10 day trip. Last year it was 80-85 degrees and sunny every day but one. (it rained 1 day out of 10, not bad) We wore shorts/capris/t-shirts during the day. Some nights we needed a light jacket. It was warm enough to swim during the day, it was too chilly for me at night, but the kids swam!

We went a couple of years ago the week before Thanksgiving - it was wonderful - not too hot, but plenty warm to swim in the pool, and the parks were great - no long lines anywhere!

I've heard that it's crowded at the end of October because of Halloween. We've been the first week of November and it was moderately crowded because it was Super Soap Weekend, Jersey week and Veteran's Day.
This year Jersey week is Nov 3 - Nov 11
Veteran's Day is observed Monday, Nov 12

If you have a choice (not working around school vacation), I would go the second week of November. It's after Jersey' week, but before Thanksgiving week.

Also, when we were there in November the weather was warm during the day. It was a little cool in the mornings, but warm enough to swim during the day. We wore shorts all week and took jackets a few mornings. In November only 1 water park is open while the other one is being refurbished. This year Blizard Beach will be open in November.

I'm probably the only one from NJ that doesn't do this Jersey week. :laughing: To me it always seemed like a given that it would be crowded because a lot of schools give off for Election Day and Veteran's Day-NJ or not. But anyhoo, me and DH were married in WDW on Veteran's Day and we found the week and a half following it to be very dead! Great time of year to go. The crowds don't perk up until Thanksgiving, from our experiences.

Extended family of 14 went 2 years ago this Thanksgiving. Everyone had a great time. Temps during day in 70-80, temps at night around 50's, just bring sweaters or jackets for evening. All kids in our group swam all day that we were'nt in the parks, even though parks were crowded, everyone still had a great time. We found it really nice, not too hot during the day, and just cool enough to wear a jacket or sweater at night and be very comfortable.

I've gone numerous times @Thanksgiving and have never had a problem. Avoid MK and MGM on Thanksgiving day, take advantage of fastpass as much as possible and you'll be able to do everything you like. It is crowded, but with a little planning we've not missed a thing. I love the Christmas decorations and the Osborne Lights are SPECTACULAR! I hope you have a wonderful trip! We're going in September for our next trip and I'm going to miss the Osborne lights the most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter