• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Home Furnishings

PPFDDisneyLover

Mouseketeer
Hey all, I'm trying to personalize some rooms in my house w/ either Mickey Mouse or WDW items. Where are some good places to shop online for these? Mainly Bed, Kitchen, and Bathroom items i'm looking for...Thanks!

If you are looking some classy looking stuff that has a Disney feel but is not to kid'ish check out the link to JC Penny. They now have a Disney resort inspired theme bedding. I wish it had been a tad more Disneyesque but its nice looking anyway.

http://www.jcpenney.com/products/C62740.jsp

well.

There is the walt disney resort line, but this is stuff inspired by the resorts. JC Penney is an example. There's also another outdoor furniture collection 'inspired by' AKL and GF. there's also the high end Walt Disney Signature Line of furniture (which includes replicas of actual Walt Disney furniture).

and then there's mousesurplus.com which sells actually bedding and furniture from the resorts.

I used to find that disneyshopping had much more "adult" items but now it's just junk (sorry, no mean to insult). They used to have furniture, they used to have bedding, they used to have lighting. Now, it's all kids stuff.

I have the best wrought iron chandelier in my dining room. It's a hidden mickey - and that was purchased from Disney but they no longer have anything like that.

I have a Cinderella toaster and matching waffle maker (cousin has a Mickey toaster and waffle maker) you can find them cheap just by googling them, but the company that made them (VillaWare) no longer makes them so if you want them, you can't delay. (I got mine @ a local discount store ... Ocean State Job Lot)

and i also just wrote up about outdoor/patio furniture from AGIO inspired by the Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge

years ago I was looking through a special order catalog at the local Home Depot and they had some Mickey Mouse bath bars that were too cool. If I'm not mistaken they were made by Kohler.

I used to find that disneyshopping had much more "adult" items but now it's just junk (sorry, no mean to insult). They used to have furniture, they used to have bedding, they used to have lighting. Now, it's all kids stuff.

I have the best wrought iron chandelier in my dining room. It's a hidden mickey - and that was purchased from Disney but they no longer have anything like that.

I agree...I used to really like the home furniture collection. We bought some matching tiffany style lamps for our bedroom, but I regret not buying more items. The current stuff is all juvenile and there's no longer the nicer home furnishings or dishware.

They used to have a store at DTD that featured many home items as well, but it was replaced (I think by the Pooh store).

well.

There is the walt disney resort line, but this is stuff inspired by the resorts. JC Penney is an example. There's also another outdoor furniture collection 'inspired by' AKL and GF. there's also the high end Walt Disney Signature Line of furniture (which includes replicas of actual Walt Disney furniture).

and then there's mousesurplus.com which sells actually bedding and furniture from the resorts.

We bought some great stuff from mousesurplus.com and wish we could buy the furniture, but they won't ship it (at least they didn't used to - I haven't looked at it in a few monhts). At least we got some great wall sconces directly from the resorts themselves.

Thanks also for the tip on the "inspired by" collections.

Does World of Disney still sell dinnerware? We're considering buying some white dinnerware with a Mickey accent if they still sell it.

It seems like there used to be more "upscale" type Disney items from various outlets. Suggestion: There is still quite a bit of fine art at WDW. Check out the store in DTD for a good selection. :earsboy:

I couldn't agree more!! It's the same thing that happened to all the Disney Stores...it's a shame! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter