WDW Fans: Will you go see Harry Potter?

Someday...not sure when...I'd like to visit the Harry Potter section of Universal. The only downfall for me is that I hate Universal. I know that people love it, but I don't. It gives me the feeling of a big Six Flags, and they've taken down a lot of the attractions that I liked. I've never had a desire to return.

If I ever go to Disney and stay offsite, I'll probably go to Universal and Seaworld. Until then, it's purely Disney for me.

Although, I'd love to hear all about the Harry Potter park. I just took my students to the Harry Potter Exhibition at the Boston Science Museum. It was incredible to see the costumes and props. The students loved it, and it made me want to reread the books. :wizard:

Spring 2010, nothing more specific than that though.

I am wondering how crowded WWoHP will be in November- I am going to Disney and definitely want to set aside a day for Universal. I guess I'm just going to play it by what I read on the boards & make a decision later this year.

Thanx :goodvibes

Hopefully people will go straight to IoA first for HP, which might make US quieter for the morning and then go on later in the afternoon to IoA for HP and the other parts of the park.

Hopefully the Express Pass will be really useful and help thin the lines/queues.

DH and I will be going to see Harry Potter for sure. We alway rent a car so transportation won't be a problem, but we will need to add a day to our trip, which isn't so bad either!! :thumbsup2

Going in November. Rented a pool home. Ds7 is finally tall enough to enjoy both parks now. HP is a complete coincidence that we are going then. Talk about darn good timing though lol

Absolutely! But, I will wait until 2011 until the big rush of crowds dies down a little. We are already planning an "off-season" trip and stay at Universal hotels. That is when we would normally go to DW, but I love HP and can't wait to see some new attractions! Also, it is a good excuse to do universal parks for a change. Without the HP, we would do only DW! And after we have been, it will be back to DW for us...and waiting for the new FL in MK :thumbsup2 DW just has more to offer in terms of entertainment, food, and resorts IMO.

we bought the $99 /7 day tix...just not sure when we will go. As far as HP crowds easing, that's what I thought about TSM and look how popular that still is! We will still make WDW our main trip, normally we don't even check out of our WDW resort, but book 1 night at RPR for the FOTL access and just take overnight bags. Since we have 7 day passes this time, we may just stay offsite at USO, and hit SW and KSC as well.

We are planning 3 nights onsite at Universal. We haven't been since 2000, but the kids are now big roller coaster fans and of course we love Harry Potter. Normally we do 3 weeks at WDW, but this year will be 1 week WDW, 1 week NCL cruise, 3 night US and 3 nights offsite. Harry Potter is only a minor factor in our plans, the cruise was a big factor and the kids wanting to do other parks factor in. Our next vacation will be back to WDW solely I'm sure.

Untill they release more detail information I don't plan one way or the other. If most of what they will offer are roller coster rides I will not waste my time. Every new ride they have added in the past few years have been roller coster type rides which is not for me. I have not been to US for years has they have nothing worth the extra dollars it would cost.

We will definitely be visiting Harry Potter when we come down for our next WDW visit! Can't wait!

I'm planning on going in July - actually planning to drive all the way from West Palm Beach. Can't wait! I'm so excited to see it.

I am definatly going to go!. But not on my trip in june. I'll probably wait a year or so for the lines and amount of people to go down.

NO!

I don't like Harry Potter and I don't like Universal. We've gone to Universal twice, but there isn't enough that we like there to make it worth the money or time.

We will stick to WDW! :)

I am a 38 year old mother of 4 who LOVES Walt Disney World, but I'm so totally stoked for Harry Potter at Universal I can hardly stand it!!!

Will not see him here or there, would not see him anywhere.

Sorry, couldn't resist, since Suess is at US! Actually we are not HP fans for religious reasons, but I think the US hotels look cool and would like to visit there sometime when we are there for a longer visit.

We will absolutely be spending a couple of days on our next Disney trip at Universal to check out HP; I verified with DH last night just to be sure!

We are going, but as a seperate trip. We will go to Disney in April and then spend a week on site at Universal in the summer.

Will not see him here or there, would not see him anywhere.

Sorry, couldn't resist, since Suess is at US! Actually we are not HP fans for religious reasons, but I think the US hotels look cool and would like to visit there sometime when we are there for a longer visit.
We are Christians and love the books and movies and have never found anything religiously offensive in any of the books or movies.

We will definately be going to Universal on our next trip to see the Wizarding World of HP - we plan to stay onsite at Universal for 2-3 days also:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter