WDW DVC AP Increase - Price Hints??

Glad I read this thread! Was going to jump and buy our APs, then read that the price was only going up like $6, and decided against it...then read further and read that the kids will be same as adults and went ahead and bought! I have 3 kids under 9, so it makes a difference. Whew, the yo-yo decision making was exhausting today! :yo-yo: Woo hoo for being an AP holder now! :cheer2:

Do they not ship out vouchers anymore?
I can only get a "will call" pick up option now.
Is that right?
So if we buy extras now and only need 1 on our next trip what would happen to the rest of the tickets? Do they give vouchers out at the same time or do we bring our confirmation letter again on our subsequent trips?
Sorry, I'm confused because the last time I purchased vouchers they actually send out actual paper vouchers.

Is that right?
So if we buy extras now and only need 1 on our next trip what would happen to the rest of the tickets? Do they give vouchers out at the same time or do we bring our confirmation letter again on our subsequent trips?
Sorry, I'm confused because the last time I purchased vouchers they actually send out actual paper vouchers.

There seems to be a glitch with the website right now so you can only choose Will Call. You can get vouchers through Member Services but since they are closed now that isn't an option for you. My advice would be to buy each pass in a separate transaction so you get a confirmation for each one. Then you can use as many as you need each time you go.

Thx so much for your help. I thought I was crazy to think that they actually ship out paper vouchers.

Is that right?

I just got my "plastic" vouchers last Monday. Yes, they still send the plastic "credit caed" size voucher to be exchanged when used.

I was only given the "will call" option as well when I purchased my child's annual pass today. I think it may have something to do with the fact that I purchased using the DVC discount and they will want to see my DVC membership card when I go to pick up the pass. Just my best guess. :)

I was only given the "will call" option as well when I purchased my child's annual pass today. I think it may have something to do with the fact that I purchased using the DVC discount and they will want to see my DVC membership card when I go to pick up the pass. Just my best guess. :)

Yep, when I bought my DVC APs last night, the only option was will call.

Yep, when I bought my DVC APs last night, the only option was will call.

I bought mine on Saturday over the phone with MS and they offered to ship but I'd have to pay for shipping so I said I'd just pick them up in December lol

Well, if the DVC APs are only going up @$6, that is a relief, since I tried several times to buy them online last night and kept getting a message that tickets were not available in the quantity I requested. I finally just gave up.

Laurie

FYI the new DVC AP and PAP prices and renewal prices are now on the Member site this morning!

They are the same as the ones previously posted, with one single price for all ages (no separate price for ages 3-9)

Glad I was right with my original post!!! I guess someone at DVC jumped the price increase gun by a week...

I'm probably going to make a few solo trips this year and might buy the Regular AP now... A $6 jump was not too terrible...

I wonder how FL Residents feel now that DVCers have their prices? I also wonder how DVC Was alke to negotiate that... Is this a new carrot from the new regime at DVC?

Well, I am really glad about the single digit increase. I got online on June 3rd to compare prices for MYW 7day vs premium AP and saw a huge increase to $495 on one of the other info sites! :eek:I couldn't believe my bad luck to not have found this a day earlier. But then I got on disboards and was pleasantly surprised to find the other info was false. Of course, we still missed out on the child discount but not it only counts for 1 of our kiddos as my others are 11 now. I think I will wait until I get to the parks to buy because we will likely renew next year and I want to that extra month in the renewal.

Glad I was right with my original post!!! I guess someone at DVC jumped the price increase gun by a week...

I'm probably going to make a few solo trips this year and might buy the Regular AP now... A $6 jump was not too terrible...

I wonder how FL Residents feel now that DVCers have their prices? I also wonder how DVC Was alke to negotiate that... Is this a new carrot from the new regime at DVC?

Yes

Why did they make child and adult passes the same price?

THe simple answer is $$$.

Maybe because, at least in years past, there were threads on the cash resort boars saying to buy your child an AP...they child would get all the benefits for our family...free parking, room discounts, etc., without having to buy an adult pass.

While it may take several years, Disney usually does eventually close loopholes that cost them $$.

I personally think limiting child passes to admission only, no discounts, would have been a better option...but Disney makes more $$ this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter