WDW DAS going digital? - YES - started April 30, 2015. See page 6

Keep in mind that the blog is rumor.
Most of the article is the same as people have been guessing since DL started linking DAS to park tickets.

Some of the details might be true, but don't make sense, such as all DAS valid for 60 days (even if the person doesn't have an AP) and that returning guests will "no longer need to state the nature of the disability of the Guest."
Even first time guests didn't need to state that, they were asked what disability related issues/concerns they had regarding waiting in tradiotional lines. Most returning guests posting on the disABILITIES Board and other places I have seen about renewing DAS were asked only if their needs were still the same.

Last edited:
The one thing that concerns me from the details listed in the blog post is that the FP+ Mickey head will turn blue to signal the CM to check the DAS details. I just wish they'd pick a different color so non-disability guests don't assume we're trying to get in the FP+ queue without belonging there.

The one thing that concerns me from the details listed in the blog post is that the FP+ Mickey head will turn blue to signal the CM to check the DAS details. I just wish they'd pick a different color so non-disability guests don't assume we're trying to get in the FP+ queue without belonging there.

True, it could also make someone who doesn't have a DAS question when theirs turns blue and they are denied, yet someone before them was permitted. The Olaf FSF band turns multi-colored when scanned at DHS, so a different color would be possible.

True, it could also make someone who doesn't have a DAS question when theirs turns blue and they are denied, yet someone before them was permitted. The Olaf FSF band turns multi-colored when scanned at DHS, so a different color would be possible.

I'd also appreciate a different color, but I can easily see some folks claiming Disney is singling them out and/or making them noticeably different.

We don't know for sure which parts of this are true and which are rumor.
The color change makes sense (an alert for the CM), but may not be true or may glow with a different color.
And, if it does glow blue, many of the other guests would not know why or understand that it's different

Last edited:

At least it will stop certain CMs favouring people when it comes to return times,
So many times when I got my son's certain CMs would put down 5min wait time and wink or say have a magical day.
I'm positive I can't be the only person this has happened to.

At least it will stop certain CMs favouring people when it comes to return times,
So many times when I got my son's certain CMs would put down 5min wait time and wink or say have a magical day.

We had a CM put down the current time so we could just go in right away. We had a FP and couldn't. I thought it was nice, but I'd rather have consistency and predictability across the board. Keeps expectations reasonable, IMO.

We never had a CM cheat the system for us but I am sure it is done now and again. Just like it probably is for FP+ as well.

Took my dad yesterday to dhs to get his DAS renewed. CM said even though it should be 60 days, she was only allowed to make the expiration date as far out as April 30th for now.

We had a CM put down the current time so we could just go in right away. We had a FP and couldn't. I thought it was nice, but I'd rather have consistency and predictability across the board. Keeps expectations reasonable, IMO.

It's always been by the rules at WDW for ds. There's been times where the 10 minutes weren't subtracted though.

I love the idea of having one less thing to carry, personally. Plus it seems a little less obvious to people around, which as someone with social anxiety is a nice thought. I'd be interested in seeing how they set it up to prevent waiting in long, crowded FP+ queue, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Right now, with DAS, the accommodation is to wait outside of the regular line and return to the Fastpass line.
I don't see them chsnging that.

With a few exceptions (Soarin' being the main one), the waits in the Fastpass Lines are not long or crowded.
Even Soarin' might be long, but guests are usually able to space themselves out.

The main ones I can think of that are crowded are shows where the Fastpass and regular line join in a preshow or waiting area. Examples of that would be Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Laugh Floor. Some guests deal with that by trying to keep to the back of the room. Another alternative is showing the DAS and waiting in the area set aside for guests with mobility devices (if there is one - Little Mermaid doesn't have one)

I love the idea of having one less thing to carry, personally. Plus it seems a little less obvious to people around, which as someone with social anxiety is a nice thought. I'd be interested in seeing how they set it up to prevent waiting in long, crowded FP+ queue, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

What do you mean? Like if the FP is long or backed up?

I assume you'd just deal with it like you do now with the paper FP. I haven't encountered one that was though. I doubt it's the norm.

The article confused me. We have 7 traveling with us, all immediate family. So basically one of us will just sit out. This is the first time we will all be able to go to the parks together. DS-30 was stationed overseas, and his wife. Myself, DH, DS-18, DS-14, DD-9 (DAS is for her).,and our very first trip to WDW! I hope they will make an exception. We will also be using the FP+ system if we can fiqure it out, LOL we are used to DL's system....

The article confused me. We have 7 traveling with us, all immediate family. So basically one of us will just sit out. This is the first time we will all be able to go to the parks together. DS-30 was stationed overseas, and his wife. Myself, DH, DS-18, DS-14, DD-9 (DAS is for her).,and our very first trip to WDW! I hope they will make an exception. We will also be using the FP+ system if we can fiqure it out, LOL we are used to DL's system....
The usual number that DAS is made to allow is 6 ( 5 plus the person with the disability). They have always made exceptions to that when needed with both GAC (the previous program) and DAS.

Any exceptions have required a supervisor or lead to approve. If your group was bigger, I would not expect approval, but 7 family members have not been an issue in the past.
There may be a few situations where you will need to split up for boarding with a larger group than 6 (or if you are using the handicapped viewing or boarding areas because they are small).
Most WDW attractions have Fastpass Plus and most queues are handicapped accessible - compared to DL, which has a lot of small handicapped entrances).

My gut reaction (which may be wrong) reading the article is that it was written by someone with little actual knowledge of how DAS works (maybe from reading some information, but not using it). It reads as though the person got some bits of information that they may not have totally understood, but then they augmented what they knew with already published info about DAS and filled in gaps as if that was new knowledge.

Anyway, my take.

Last edited:
This is a basic question but thought the posters to this thread would definitely know -- we're just planning our trip to WDW for August with our 6yo autistic son and I just found out about this DAS this afternoon. His first trip, we were there 8 years ago ourselves (no FP bands then.....

My question for this thread is: if you have DAS and Fastpass on the bands (sorry, I don't know all the abbreviations), you'd be able to have 2 times at once that you can go to the 'quick' line (for 2 different attractions)? And in order to get the DAS or FP for a particular attraction, you need to go to a kiosk AT that attraction?

thanks! (I'm sure I'll have more questions later....)

Last edited:
This is a basic question but thought the posters to this thread would definitely know -- we're just planning our trip for August with our 6yo autistic son and I just found out about this DAS this afternoon. His first trip, we were there 8 years ago ourselves (no FP bands then.....

My question for this thread is: if you have DAS and Fastpass on the bands (sorry, I don't know all the abbreviations), you'd be able to have 2 times at once that you can go to the 'quick' line (for 2 different attractions)? And in order to get the DAS or FP for a particular attraction, you need to go to a kiosk AT that attraction?

are you going to WDW or to Disneyland?

The answers are slightly different depending on which.

This is a basic question but thought the posters to this thread would definitely know -- we're just planning our trip for August with our 6yo autistic son and I just found out about this DAS this afternoon. His first trip, we were there 8 years ago ourselves (no FP bands then.....

:welcome: to disABILITIES!

Are you going to WDW in Florida? It is encouraged to use both Fastpass (FP+) in conjunction with DAS. Your whole party will be able to plan 3 FP+ attractions prior to your vacation. The DAS return times are not obtained until you are in the park, and DAS may overlap because it is actually a "return after..." time and not a specific window of time like FP+. So conceivably you can have 4 times if you pre-plan your FP+ and get a DAS time right after entering the park. At WDW, DAS return times are issued at the attraction. After you have used the 3 initial pre-planned FP+ you may obtain another at the kiosks -- one at a time (use the 3rd, get a 4th; use the 4th, get a 5th; etc.).

At DL/DCA in California, it is also encouraged to use both FP and DAS together, but those parks still use the older paper Fastpasses. DAS return times are obtained at kiosks in DL/DCA.

If you haven't found it yet, the WDW - Disability Access Service Card thread might be of interest to you. The first post has all the pertinent info, no need to read the whole thread. Or if you are going to DL/DCA, there is a DAS thread for the west coast parks as well.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter