• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Package pick up coming back temporarily from Dec 20th through Jan 2
  • Magic Kingdom Park: Chamber of Commerce
  • EPCOT: Gateway Gifts and World Traveler
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Oscar’s Super Service
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park: Park arrival
resort delivery continues to be unavailable

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/
At one point when we were looking at availability back in mid-Nov, availability was yellow all the way out to Jan 7, 2021. Now everything is green.

I'm wondering what has changed. Could it be WDW finally has enough data to reliably predict estimates on cancellations expected? Or is capacity expanding? ...Or is the system just temporarily broken?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/availability-calendar/
At one point when we were looking at availability back in mid-Nov, availability was yellow all the way out to Jan 7, 2021. Now everything is green.

I'm wondering what has changed. Could it be WDW finally has enough data to reliably predict estimates on cancellations expected? Or is capacity expanding? ...Or is the system just temporarily broken?
It has bounced between green and yellow so many times since we booked 3 months ago (we're going in 10 days). I'm not panicking about capacity, as I am seeing so many people cancel.

It has bounced between green and yellow so many times since we booked 3 months ago (we're going in 10 days). I'm not panicking about capacity, as I am seeing so many people cancel.
Yeah now nobody needs to panic. Everything is green as far as the eye can see :)

I'm glad they got busses going from CBR to HS again. When we were there in Oct, they refused to do this even though the lines for Skyliner were stupid long, delaying anyone from getting to HS before rope drop. I angry tweeted at the Disney Parks account, surely fixing the problem. ;-)

We were at Pop mid-November and on our second HS day, when we got to CBR, there was a huge back-up for the Skyliner, but they had 5 buses lined up to take people. Not many people were taking that option (why??) but we sure did!

I know they are shifting things and some AP tiers have blackouts, but I'm still starting to worry a little about increased capacity. To the point that I might skip my Epcot NYE tradition. We were there weekend before last and the parks seem to be more crowded than it has been.

I know they are shifting things and some AP tiers have blackouts, but I'm still starting to worry a little about increased capacity. To the point that I might skip my Epcot NYE tradition. We were there weekend before last and the parks seem to be more crowded than it has been.

I could be wrong, but I read that the past few weekends were busier because it was the last weekends some of the APs could go due to blackout dates.

AP holder here. January had yellow days in it & when I looked yesterday at the calendar everything was green so I was able to change parks around. I haven't seen any news about Disney increasing park capacity so maybe reshuffling allotments?

My AP doesn't restart until January 3rd so you may see a crowd increase that day at parks?

Has anyone noticed that the park availability calendar updates at a specific time of day or should I be checking it every couple hours until we leave? We have a trip planned next week and just added a day hoping to get a second MK day. Right now there's no availability for MK. I'm fine checking pretty much constantly but if someone can tell me it only updates at specific times of day, that would be great too!

Has anyone noticed that the park availability calendar updates at a specific time of day or should I be checking it every couple hours until we leave? We have a trip planned next week and just added a day hoping to get a second MK day. Right now there's no availability for MK. I'm fine checking pretty much constantly but if someone can tell me it only updates at specific times of day, that would be great too!
No specific time or day

I cancelled upcoming park reservations for next week a few days ago, but I have been getting the reminder every day. I checked MDE and the park reservations are not there. This is just MDE being funky right? I would hate for someone not to be able to use these park reservations because MDE thinks I still have them.

I cancelled upcoming park reservations for next week a few days ago, but I have been getting the reminder every day. I checked MDE and the park reservations are not there. This is just MDE being funky right? I would hate for someone not to be able to use these park reservations because MDE thinks I still have them.
It's just the right hand not knowing what the left is doing. You're fine

Next Monday Tuesday and Wednesday are open for MK

Next Monday Tuesday and Wednesday are open for MK
I wasn't super clear, we arrive Friday and are staying through NYE. We have MK booked for the 29th but I'd like to add a second MK day. I've been checking every 30 minutes - hopefully one will open up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter