WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I had dining reservations for Aug 28th-Sept 3, but no resort stay. When 2021 resort reservations opened last week, I booked a January stay. I really hope I can book my ADRs now too... :rotfl2: :confused3:rotfl:. I'm sure it won't happen, but I did get the email sent out today.

Odd. My email sure makes it sound like I can do it online.
My email is exactly the same. No phone number and it seems like I should be able to do it online.

The website says you can, but if you have difficulty to call.
It's very possible they are so used to things not working online, they are already anticipating online ADRs won't work either, LOL.

Kenny the Pirate is reporting that Disney is going to be very strict with masks, and won't allow any that don't have ear loops or ties. No gaiters.

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2020...-masks-that-can-be-worn-at-parks-and-resorts/
He's just quoting the official rule which has been around since Disney Springs opened up but gaiters have been allowed at both DS and the resorts. I've only seen one report of people being told to change from a gaiter to a regular mask.

Good morning everyone! Just wanted to let you know that dining went live (and you can make reservations online on their website!!)

*Don’t waste your time on MDE - I can see restaurants and times, but I cannot actually make a reservation.

Good luck 🍀

Last edited:

Anyone able to get scifi at all? That's the only one I haven't seen any availability on...
Yes, we got it for lunch time on July 20th.

Side note- got Garden Grill for a late lunch, and it gets to be the replacement for my Ohana birthday dinner😂 I could have almost done without the modified character dining, but all is well. My mother got her birthday replacement meal as well(this is what happens when you are both born in April!) at Liberty Tree Tavern. The menu still looks great and Liberty Tree is always a favorite. Can’t wait for our trip now!

Signed in using MDE at about 645am and got all ressies including dinner at sci-fi for an August trip. Thanks for the help and good luck everyone!

Finally got "out of orbit" and was able to make my reservations. I got everything I wanted except Sci Fi and Cali Grill, which is not available yet.

I’m not really much of an ADR person (usually make things up on the fly when there), but that was surprisingly exciting.

It’s nice that some of the elements of planning a Disney trip are starting to get back to some semblance of normal. I acknowledge that’s a bit of an overstatement, but just the act of sitting here with my park plan and thinking about ADR plans was a nice change compared to the past few months of unknowns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter