WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

So just got thru to IT after over 3 hours on hold. Was told that the issue (could only book 1 park day) may be the fact that I have both APs and PH. Already knew that from these boards. Asked her if she can manually book so I dont loose the ability to book before my choices are taken. She could only send an email to the escalation team so they can figure out the issue. Told me to keep checking my emails. Very frustrating as I've been at this all day.

Anyone else now gettin the following error on every day?

“ One or more parks are not available for Disney Park Pass selections. “
Just keep refreshing. Either click around on different dates or keep clicking the date you want over and over. After a few times it should show available.

Need help and/or advice: We have an upcoming DVC stay from 11/4-11/14---BUT didn't purchase our AP's yet. I'm assuming that we cannot book anything until we also have our AP's, correct?

2nd Question--I really don't want to buy my AP's until I see how everything is going once reopened. Am I going to put myself in a corner if we wait till closer to arrival time to get on the reservation system?
I'm not a passholder, but I believe you are correct as to your first question. As to your second question, I'm in a similar boat. I rented DVC points for a January trip for 10 of us. We hadn't planned on buying the tickets this soon, and I wanted to see how things go before making that additional large financial commitment, but I'm worried about getting shut out and my family hating me forever. :crazy2:

Hope it works out! I am wondering if my problem is that I am an AP, and have 1 day at Pop, followed by three days at AKL, and 1 day at Disney Springs Holiday Inn. I can get the arrival day, and then the next four days, or the day after arrival and the departure day--just not all together???!!
Could be. Guess you’ll be making that long phone call as well. For the record, I’m an AP and my husband isn’t. Not a clue if that has anything to do with it. 🤷‍♀️

Just keep refreshing. Either click around on different dates or keep clicking the date you want over and over. After a few times it should show available.
I did that for hours. Didn’t do a thing. It’s weird how some people have no problem , some try tricky things that work for some and not others and then others can’t get anywhere

I got through to ticketing - they will refund PH now, but not add days to tickets. Another option is to wait until the trip and refund PH at guest services. They said leadership is encouraging us to keep the PH for now.

I waited. I will try to add days when tickets reopen. She said attendance and park reservations look fine except the first week they are open. Worst case is a refund at guest services will help pay for food During the trip.

I have a feeling they will open up park hopping depending on availability. If reservations don’t fill up for a particular day, you’ll be allowed entry into a second park. We have a trip with a son’s family and I’m having him keep the hoppers. We would love to spend time in a park and then go to Epicot for dinner and evening activities.

To everyone with the 1-a-reservation and hopping around trying to see if it eventually works- I’m in the same boat and it has not done jack squat for me either😂 I’m praying tomorrow does better.

We are planning to visit twice next year (February and August). I've booked February but the reservation won't link to the MDE yet, so yesterday I was in a blind panic thinking it will all be booked up, but when I look at the availability calendar today the only week that's nearly booked out is the first week. Even Christmas week is fully available. Maybe we've over-estimated how many people are actually trying to make park reservations?

We are planning to visit twice next year (February and August). I've booked February but the reservation won't link to the MDE yet, so yesterday I was in a blind panic thinking it will all be booked up, but when I look at the availability calendar today the only week that's nearly booked out is the first week. Even Christmas week is fully available. Maybe we've over-estimated how many people are actually trying to make park reservations?

I think that partly that first week looks booked out because DHS and Epcot aren’t open for the first few days. DHS appears to be fully booked for its first three opening days, but the other parks still show availability. I wonder how many people that is, and if Disney has held back any slots for guest recovery situations.

I have 3 different hotels for 5 nights. I purchased the 4 day ticket with the first reservation which is only one night, it lets me book for the day we arrive and the next day (the check out for our first stay). I checked the availability calendar and all parks are available for all days we are there. I think the tickets are linkd only to that first reservation. Does anyone know how I link them with the other 2 hotel stays?

Editing to add: all hotel/DVC reservations show up in my DME

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter