WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Did you try your last day first? Some reported success with that. It does sound like APs are having difficulty today.
And, I have tried to keep up but worked all day today . . . are folks, when they get through, able to "patch up" the days with their tickets--meaning, being able to book for those extra days when the CM sees that everything matches up? Or are they being told that it is some kind of glitch and to try again. I have tried to get on the phone, but just keep getting a busy signal. Would hate to spend all that time on the phone if all for naught.

Also they think the people who have a full package booked for 2020 plus those with APs and also DVC members with seperate tickets already will fill it up. If you can go early 2021 might be a good idea to book a package when it opens June 28th. Worst case you are able to buy tickets later on in summer and can cancel the 2021 trip.

Thanks for the advice. I used Marriott points to reserve the Swan and was hoping to stay there for free. It's my annual girl's trip with my sister and we always take it early November. We could possibly go in January but how do I apply my Marriott points to a package? Not sure it's possible. I usually do the Swan reservations through Marriott then buy my tickets and link them on MDE.

Maybe we'll just do Universal. Bummer. :(

And, I have tried to keep up but worked all day today . . . are folks, when they get through, able to "patch up" the days with their tickets--meaning, being able to book for those extra days when the CM sees that everything matches up? Or are they being told that it is some kind of glitch and to try again. I have tried to get on the phone, but just keep getting a busy signal. Would hate to spend all that time on the phone if all for naught.
I haven’t read where anyone has posted that a cast member helped with the park reservation glitch. I have tried cancelling and rebooking last day first and nothing helps. I’ve been trying to call for hours and just a constant busy signal.

What number do I call if I have park hopper plus tickets? should I keep for March or change to base tickets? Did anyone do this and still have their plus options? Also does anyone know number for this and do I have a prayer of reaching someone? I had the pink castle today for 4 hours and it booted me off?

Add me to the list of people trying to get through on phones all day. Was told this morning via that I could modify my December stay to add tix (first i had heard this - I asked her to double check and she confirmed, I screenshotted it). Zero luck actually calling to do that. Just busy tones, no matter what number.

Ok for all you AP Holmes that have “reached your limit” or days are “unavailable “. Keep going in and trying. We have a total of 15 days between three different reservations. This afternoon when I was FINALLY able to get through, was only able to book 5 before it said I’d reached my limit. I’ve been playing with it this evening. Started by cancel the only day it let me book in Sept, then going to get days in Oct. score! Let me get 3 of the 7, then let me go back and add one day in Sept. went back and cancelled another day, and just played around with the calendar, and was finally able to book ALL 15 days we need! So keep trying, and looking at different days. Was a very frustrating day ended well.

Feels good to have both of our trips finally booked. Many hours on the phone and now it's finally sorted. Hopefully it keeps working for people going forward.

I’m one of the “only let me book one day” people. I got through to IT around 10:30 this morning. I literally called them around 300 times before it rang. I waited on hold for 2 hours and then she tried to work my problem out for around 45 minutes. She couldn’t get anything to work either. She wrote up some kind of report and told me to try again in the morning and if it still doesn’t work, call them back. Wish me luck! BTW, useless information, an iPhone shows the number of times called to a number. It stops counting at 200! 😂

go back and keep trying..... if the day comes back with no parks available, just keep hitting it. eventually it will show all parks.

Finally got through. Was told that I can’t modify a room only to include tickets. I would have to cancel and rebook. And I can’t do that until Wednesday. I’m room only from UT so that adds a whole other series of issues. The only other option is to wait to have tickets go back and sale and as we know — they still have no idea when that will be.
For the record: this is the fourth differing answer I’ve gotten from Disney to the same question.

I’m one of the “only let me book one day” people. I got through to IT around 10:30 this morning. I literally called them around 300 times before it rang. I waited on hold for 2 hours and then she tried to work my problem out for around 45 minutes. She couldn’t get anything to work either. She wrote up some kind of report and told me to try again in the morning and if it still doesn’t work, call them back. Wish me luck! BTW, useless information, an iPhone shows the number of times called to a number. It stops counting at 200! 😂
Hope it works out! I am wondering if my problem is that I am an AP, and have 1 day at Pop, followed by three days at AKL, and 1 day at Disney Springs Holiday Inn. I can get the arrival day, and then the next four days, or the day after arrival and the departure day--just not all together???!!

I got through to ticketing - they will refund PH now, but not add days to tickets. Another option is to wait until the trip and refund PH at guest services. They said leadership is encouraging us to keep the PH for now.

I waited. I will try to add days when tickets reopen. She said attendance and park reservations look fine except the first week they are open. Worst case is a refund at guest services will help pay for food During the trip.

I got through to ticketing - they will refund PH now, but not add days to tickets. Another option is to wait until the trip and refund PH at guest services. They said leadership is encouraging us to keep the PH for now.

I waited. I will try to add days when tickets reopen. She said attendance and park reservations look fine except the first week they are open. Worst case is a refund at guest services will help pay for food During the trip.
Was your PH for 2020 or 2021

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter