• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Ok for those stuck in Space Mountain limbo. Try this. Go on the site. Book a reservation from the menu things to do. Book whatever Disney Springs restaurant(you can delete later) It'll ask you to log in and go through the whole reservation. After you're done reserving go to the Park reservation system on the MDE drop menu and you should be able to book. LMK if it works
This worked for me - got all of the July trip done and half a different August trip but it just kicked me out back to the SM screen..

Eh, I’ll give this 10 more mins then I’m out. Life’s too short and there’s a great big beautiful world out there

Why Disney would make me compete for bandwidth with someone whose trip is months from now when mine is 2 weeks away I will never know, but it is what it is I guess.
agreed, rolling out in stages for different types of reservations was good but they really needed to account for the time period of those reservations as well. IMO they should have handled July and August this week and then rolled it forward a month at a time every week.

Ok for those stuck in Space Mountain limbo. Try this. Go on the site. Book a reservation from the menu things to do. Book whatever Disney Springs restaurant(you can delete later) It'll ask you to log in and go through the whole reservation. After you're done reserving go to the Park reservation system on the MDE drop menu and you should be able to book. LMK if it works

After trying all morning, and getting the pink castle, I did this and got right in to Park Reservations.
I did not have to go all the way through the dining reservation- I just selected a restaurant and time, then it asked me to log in. I then clicked this link:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/park-reservations/ for Park Reservations, and was able to book for all of Thanksgiving week.

Fwiw, once you get in the system is very easy to use.

Good luck, all!

I have been unable to login for two hours. Any ideas? I can’t get past the pink castle.

Finally secured ours! Hubby was actually looking while I tried to go back to sleep. He suggests staying on the space mountain page and be patient, said the countdown reset a few times, but when it finally loaded, we were good to go and secured all 10 days of our trip! Good luck, hope this helps!

ugh, couldn't even book for Feb for my friends who have active tickets.

Their AP doesnt expire til December. This is ridiculous

Even though I'd already signed in this morning, I was stuck on the pink castle after the countdown timer hit 0. I went to the dining res page to login and was then able to click into the system and make park reservations.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO MAKE DINING RESERVATIONS!

Once it prompts you to login, login and then just hit cancel to go back to the main site and then you can go to make park reservations.

Ugh I got 1 day, now July 19-21 says ‘none available’. Is this true? I got my 1 day(the 22nd) Ans now I can’t get anything going through dining!

I was able to get in and book park reservations, but it only let me book 3 days even though my room reservations are more than that. I'm an AP and everything is linked and showing correctly on MDE, but it just won't let me select any more days. No matter what date of our reservations I pick, it tells me that no parks are available. Anyone else getting this issue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter