• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I am wondering this as well... should I just book packages for the dates I am planning to visit and modify if needed?
I am planning a trip in March 2021 and summer 2021 (not sure yet about the exact date but we have an idea); should I book them right away? Will we have a cancellation / modification option?

Also, we just made an offer on a DVC contract which obviously we can't book for more than 11 months in advance... should we make a regular hotel room reservation with a package and then transfer to DVC with tickets? Would that work?
So many questions...
This is what I’m wondering. I won’t know what dates I can vacation for this far in advance. Should I just book multiple options and cancel ones I can’t use later? Cause that’s what this system would encourage.

I mean, July is over a year away. I thought dining reservations 180 days in advance was bad.

It reads to me that you better book your 2021 vacation on 6/28/20 and get your park reservations the very same day or risk getting.. well, not getting into a park.
Possibly... but since the purpose of the Park Reservation is to control capacity, and presumably those capacity limits will increase over time, I suspect they will open more Park Reservations as that limit gets increased. Just like in the past as hours expanded more FPs slots were released.

I may have missed it but other than the special experiences, have they made any announcements as to operational changes for specific normal rides?

What are the park hopper options referred to in the announcement page? I need to change my 5 day park hoppers to 7 day tickets so I can get a reservation for each day of our September Boardwalk stay before Monday.

Ok, information is starting to roll out, this is good. Now the last piece of the puzzle for me is my resort reservation at Pop. Just need to know if I will have a place to stay!
I’d call if you can. Depends on when your reservation is. If it’s anywhere near opening, doubt it. And anytime after will be held for NBA staff

Ok. I’m a bit boggled. Let me clarify. On Monday, I’ll be able to book park reservations for any stay I have up until 9/26/21 but I can’t make ADRs until 60 days before? Yes?

I don't think they are opening the flood gates for every trip through 9/26/21 on Monday. I think they will space out the ability to make park reservations based upon the date of your hotel stay. This does not apply to APs not staying onsite. I think they will have a floating window of some length. This is why I think the opening will be spaced out. Their IT can't handle a free for all.

"Park reservations will be available through September 26, 2021, based on your Resort stay and ticket eligibility or ticket eligibility window."

Park hours are only posted until October and we aren’t going until November. How can we pick arrival times when hours aren’t posted yet? What happens if hours change??

I don't think they are opening the flood gates for every trip through 9/26/21 on Monday. I think they will space out the ability to make park reservations based upon the date of your hotel stay. This does not apply to APs not staying onsite. I think they will have a floating window of some length. This is why I think the opening will be spaced out. Their IT can't handle a free for all.

"Park reservations will be available through September 26, 2021, based on your Resort stay and ticket eligibility or ticket eligibility window."

I agree, and I would bet it will match dining with reservations for the parks being available 60 days out.

So, where will this “select park reservations” button appear on the website and the app? Anyone have any thoughts? Under MDE My Plans maybe?

So, where will this “select park reservations” button appear on the website and the app? Anyone have any thoughts? Under MDE My Plans maybe?

Probably where the FP button used to be under MDE main link.

So, I have an August reservation with Tickets at the time being and was thinking of moving to next summer June/July and my family is on board with that. Since I have valid tickets my thinking is I could just reserve my days on the 28th for next year and figure out hotel later, correct?

I agree, and I would bet it will match dining with reservations for the parks being available 60 days out.
That's what I was expecting as well. An initial opening for this summer - and then 60 days. But wouldn't it have been prudent to include that detail in the announcement? That also wouldn't provide "priority access" to current reservations, with new reservations opening on 6/28.

So, I have an August reservation with Tickets at the time being and was thinking of moving to next summer June/July and my family is on board with that. Since I have valid tickets my thinking is I could just reserve my days on the 28th for next year and figure out hotel later, correct?
If this is true it would be great! We are probably going to move our trip to next Sept. I can't book a military rate room or a room at Shades of Green until Sept 2020. So if we are required to have our room booked to make park reservations I am in a bind. If we just need tickets then great, I will book my park reservations for 2021 and move the room reservation when I am able.

Hopefully someone can elaborate on this cause I was thinking we needed both room and tickets and that we would only be able to book park reservations based off of our room dates.....

So let me get this straight, right now I have a hotel reservation and tickets for a trip starting in August. I want to change it to January. So I have to wait until June 28 to rebook in January and then make park reservations. Even though I already have a reservation, it’s not gonna be possible for me to change the hotel dates to January so I can start reserving park dates on June 24?

So let me get this straight, right now I have a hotel reservation and tickets for a trip starting in August. I want to change it to January. So I have to wait until June 28 to rebook in January and then make park reservations. Even though I already have a reservation, it’s not gonna be possible for me to change the hotel dates to January so I can start reserving park dates on June 24?

So I called to ask about that, the CM I spoke with said they might be able to move existing reservations by the end of next week but they hadn't gotten confirmation.

We'll find all that out Soon I guess..

Are your tickets separate or packaged? Packaged tickets would need to be modified to change the dates.

Like any Disney announcement in the past couple months, I feel like we now have more questions than answers...but the announcement did say they would be reaching out via email to those with resort reservations. So maybe that will give us more clarity?

I'm not sure you'll be able to make full length-of-stay reservations without a hotel matching your 2021 dates. I saw someone post (maybe another thread) about a limit of 3 days without a hotel stay. I can't vouch for that accuracy though.

I'm not sure you'll be able to make full length-of-stay reservations without a hotel matching your 2021 dates. I saw someone post (maybe another thread) about a limit of 3 days without a hotel stay. I can't vouch for that accuracy though.

That was on the AP thread for APs without a hotel stay. It came from a CM, so YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter