WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

my trip starts June 7 and I had to make final payment by May 8, I got at least 2 emails. DO you have a package or room only reservation, I think that could be the difference in due date

My trip is June 6. I've received two final payment emails in the past week but I haven't made the final payment yet.

On package payments that are normally due in full 30 days prior to arrival, Disney had relaxed that rule so payment is due 7 days prior to arrival although the auto-generated "your payment is due" e-mails were still being sent (confusing on Disney's part). I am under the impression this is still the case now, although don't know that for a fact. Maybe @DisneyWishes14 or someone with knowledge from a TA can help us?

Last edited:
my trip starts June 7 and I had to make final payment by May 8, I got at least 2 emails. DO you have a package or room only reservation, I think that could be the difference in due date

Yes exactly, my trip was scheduled for June 6th and they wanted final payment May 5th. I did have a package and great discount:sad1:
I didn't want to make final payment so I cancelled. Now I am hoping that if they offer something...anything they'll allow me to get the discount since I had a reservation.

My trip is June 6. I've received two final payment emails in the past week but I haven't made the final payment yet.

I should have did what your doing and let them cancel me, at least I would still have the reservation in the system if something comes around.

Odd that the markers in Shanghai are only 1 meter apart which is more like 3 feet and not 6.
It also differs a bit per country. Here in the Netherlands it's officially 5 ft (1.50m), but as this is a US board I usually say 6ft :P
I think it can be different what works in culture. The good thing about Asia is that they are more used to masks, so that won't be a big deal, but personal space is not a thing in China. My memory of the queue in Pirates of the Caribbean in Shanghai isn't so bad due to the 100 degrees weather and being inside with hardly any airconditioning, but what makes it a bad memory was the people standing so close together, and the line cutting (or the attempts).
Most people will be willing to wear a mask, which can reduce the social distancing-distance.

Please let know if you hear anything about June!

Also, I ask about the final payment not being due and she said that isn't true anymore, also I received many emails from Disney asking final payment. I hope I didn't cancel under the wrong information, some of the cast members are more informative then others.
On package payments that are normally due in full 30 days prior to arrival, Disney had relaxed that rule so payment is due 7 days prior to arrival although the auto-generated "your payment is due" e-mails were still being sent (confusing on Disney's part). I am under the impression this is still the case now, although don't know that for a fact. Maybe @DisneyWishes14 or someone with knowledge from a TA can help us?

This is still the official word from WDW. It has not, yet, been retracted or updated:

"Effective March 15, 2020, until further notice, we’re making a temporary adjustment to our final payment policy for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort packages booked through Walt Disney Travel Company. For existing bookings, final payment to WDTC will now be due 7 days prior to Guest arrival. Payment may be made online or by phone. For new package reservations made through DTA, with arrival in less than 30 days, payments will be due in full."

This is still the official word from WDW. It has not, yet, been retracted or updated:

"Effective March 15, 2020, until further notice, we’re making a temporary adjustment to our final payment policy for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort packages booked through Walt Disney Travel Company. For existing bookings, final payment to WDTC will now be due 7 days prior to Guest arrival. Payment may be made online or by phone. For new package reservations made through DTA, with arrival in less than 30 days, payments will be due in full."
Thank you for the clarity on this. I just received the "final payment due" email this morning for a June trip that we likely will be cancelling, but I want to hold onto the reservation as long as possible (without putting more money down) to see how things transpire over the next couple of weeks.

Interesting that folks have gotten emails about their trips being impacted by the closure. I have had the following trips booked, and never got an email. When they updated hours for those weeks to show closed, and most of my fastpasses disappeared, I went ahead and cancelled them myself (room-only) and the deposit was refunded to the original gift card within 2 days of my cancelling.
Wed, 4/29 - Sun, 5/3
Wed, 5/13 - Sun, 5/17
I also have a June reservation, Wed, 6/10 - Sun, 6/14, which I expect to be affected. Wonder if I get an email for this one.
Hoping the July one, which is for late July, will actually be able to stick. The original reservation had been on the books for 2 or 3 months. The May, June, and July ones all got added as backup plans as things started to look not good for reopening.

This might be topic for another thread but after watching the live stream, videos and pictures of SDL I think Disney has a pretty good handle on what to do and how to implement procedures. The square areas to stand while shows go on is very smart and I wish they were here to stay :)
As far as social distancing, i saw too many reporters and media completely ignoring the rule, but the guests seemed to be adhering to most of it. Wearing masks obviously helps.
If they reopen WDW with capacity restrictions, even at 30 or 40% I think it could work if guests are mindful and aware.

The map has been gone from the main page on my iPhone for a few weeks now. Although I can still get to it by clicking the little "location" icon (second icon from bottom left) or from any "Find on Map" button on any attraction page.

It was there when I clicked too just now. Just never noticed it bring gone before I guess.

The map has been gone from the main page on my iPhone for a few weeks now. Although I can still get to it by clicking the little "location" icon (second icon from bottom left) or from any "Find on Map" button on any attraction page.
I see what you mean.
Ive had it until today

I have read this whole thread but I do not see a full listing of what those who will be canceled options are. Can that be listed?

I am June 14th currently. If they cancel me, is it that I can get a full refund on everything? Tickets, Resort, Shows and everything I have booked?

Or are some of those items reschedule only?

I haven’t clicked on MDE in a few days.. I don’t remember what was on this page, did it always speak about “upon reopening”?

I have read this whole thread but I do not see a full listing of what those who will be canceled options are. Can that be listed?

I am June 14th currently. If they cancel me, is it that I can get a full refund on everything? Tickets, Resort, Shows and everything I have booked?

Or are some of those items reschedule only?

Are your tickets part of a package booking, or do you have a room only resort reservation with separately purchased tickets? Different answers for different situations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter