WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I also had a room only reservation for May with tickets purchased separately through Disney.
I called 2 days ago to take advantage of the free dining offer and I was given a refund for the tickets I had bought because I was going to buy a new set of tickets through my new reservation with the free dining.

Thanks for the reply, I wonder if they will actually let me get a full refund though since we are not rebooking. We cannot rebook at this time because of medical reasons. I’m hoping they are understanding.

Thank goodness for the Annual Pass news. We are non-locals (Nebraska) who bought passes last summer and need one more trip to "pay for" the APs. I've been stressing about what happens when our Memorial Day trip (still holding hope for a partially open resort) or even a rescheduled July trip just aren't possible. The extensions are pretty much useless since I have no intention of going in the fall (although we've done it before, I feel like taking the children out of school next school year is a really bad idea) and a partial refund means we have a little more flexibility in rescheduling for next year without losing that value. And best case scenario, we take a vacation before the original expiration date AND get the partial refund.

Well boo, my March pass payment was on the 10th. Guess not everyone can be even. I think this answers if the blockout dates will change for Silver, my guess is no. Everything stays the same including expiration, just not making payment.

I just got off the phone with the number that is listed on the site to call for AP questions. Don't bother calling today, the girl that answered had no clue and was telling me she just got the info and they don't even work with the AP side of things.
So basically she gave me this number to call 9am to 5pm EST 888 701 4100 this is IF you have the monthly payment plan
My AP expires May 14th so I was wondering if I can freeze the payments starting April 5th and when the park reopens I can continue paying and get the days that the parks were closed, and obviously having questions about the renewal date and how all that will work.
So I'll call tomorrow and report back

Thank goodness for the Annual Pass news. We are non-locals (Nebraska) who bought passes last summer and need one more trip to "pay for" the APs. I've been stressing about what happens when our Memorial Day trip (still holding hope for a partially open resort) or even a rescheduled July trip just aren't possible. The extensions are pretty much useless since I have no intention of going in the fall (although we've done it before, I feel like taking the children out of school next school year is a really bad idea) and a partial refund means we have a little more flexibility in rescheduling for next year without losing that value. And best case scenario, we take a vacation before the original expiration date AND get the partial refund.

Aren't refunds only for people with monthly payment plans?

I’m with you on the school thing. This school year is already a mess, I would hate to start next year with my son missing a chunk of school, especially for Disney.

Another forum did a casual poll and September was the most popular rebook time. Considering weather predictions say this will be an active hurricane season, and with school starting, I was surprised!

Last edited:
We were supposed to arrive on March 20th from Canada, and didn’t receive our magic band refund until a couple of days ago. It was definitely much later than we received our trip refund. So you may need to follow up if you would like the refund sooner.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Did you contact Disney regarding the refund of your magic bands or did they refund the money automatically?

I just got off the phone with the number that is listed on the site to call for AP questions. Don't bother calling today, the girl that answered had no clue and was telling me she just got the info and they don't even work with the AP side of things.
So basically she gave me this number to call 9am to 5pm EST 888 701 4100 this is IF you have the monthly payment plan
My AP expires May 14th so I was wondering if I can freeze the payments starting April 5th and when the park reopens I can continue paying and get the days that the parks were closed, and obviously having questions about the renewal date and how all that will work.
So I'll call tomorrow and report back
I bought our APs via Sam's Club, not directly from Disney. I think my Sam's membership has expired, and don't think I have the AP receipts anymore. I wonder if I'll still be able to get a partial refund. Unless the closure period lasts for 3 months or more, just getting an extension won't be very helpful, as we can only travel during school holidays.

Just checking in with an AKAH update - our 4/14 tickets are no longer showing in MDE. Refund is yet to be seen on my credit card. I have not called or anything, just waiting for the automatic processing as indicated on MDE.

It has been well noted above, but just documenting the AP changes from yesterday on Disney info page.

Annual Passes
All active Walt Disney World Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed.

Annual Passes with renewal windows ending during the closure will also receive an extension of time to renew.

For Passholders participating in the Annual Pass Monthly Payment program, your monthly payments will continue as scheduled.

Over the coming weeks, Annual Pass details in My Disney Experience will be updated to reflect new pass usage information.

Pass blockout and admission calendars will not be updated during the closure period. Please visit this page for the most updated details.

This is a truly unprecedented time for all of us, and we want to thank you for your patience as we work through the many details related to the temporary closure of the theme parks. We recognize this may be a challenging time, so we wanted to share how we will assist our Annual Passholders.

If you are an Annual Passholder who has paid in full:
As previously announced, all active Walt Disney World Resort Annual Passes will be extended for the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the theme parks.

As an alternative, in lieu of an extension of their passes, Passholders who have paid in full may choose to receive a partial refund for the theme park closure period. Information will be provided soon on how to choose this option.

If you are an Annual Passholder on the monthly payment plan:
Effective April 5, 2020, we will automatically stop and waive all upcoming monthly payments while the theme parks are closed. We will also retroactively refund payments made between March 14 through April 4, 2020. Payments will resume on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment dates once the parks reopen. Please note, pass expiration dates will not be extended and passes will expire upon their originally scheduled expiration dates.

As an alternative, Guests who are paying for Walt Disney World Annual Passes using our monthly payment program may choose to have their monthly payments postponed starting with payments due April 5 through the park closure period, and then resumed on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment date once the parks reopen. Postponed payments will be collected in the months following the end of the Passholder’s currently scheduled payment term. The pass will be extended the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the theme parks. Information will be provided soon on how to choose this option.

Our Annual Passholders are some of our most loyal Guests, and we stand ready to help during this incredibly uncertain time. If you have any questions, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries.

Hello --

I'm in a little different situation than others of you. I just bought my (first!) Annual Pass, paid in full, last fall and haven't activated it yet; that was supposed to happen when I arrive for the Star Wars runDisney event in two weeks. So I know that loses no value in the current state of affairs.

However, I had resort reservations, fireworks dessert party and a Senses spa reservation. Looking on MDE, the resort reservation has disappeared and I had an email from the travel agency advising the refund is in the works. The fireworks dessert party is still showing up on MDE; I assume that will eventually disappear and I will get a refund as well?

Finally, I made the spa reservation directly with Senses and they are not answering the phone to cancel. So I assume that automatically cancels? I didn't pay in advance, but I might have given them a credit card number (I can't recall).

Thanks.

I also have plans for a big July trip with goddaughter and her daughter coming from Germany. I am slowly reconciling myself to the possibility that those plans are out the window, too. Like others have mentioned, there are bigger things to worry about or be grateful for. My heart goes out to the employees who have been furloughed.

Liz

Just got this push notification from the app

when i clicked on it, it loaded the app, and then re-routed to the informational page on the site. No new information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter