WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Just got this in my email (i'm a TA) "At this time, the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort call centers will not be taking any new bookings for the months of April and May. New bookings for Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort and Aulani Resort will be available for stays starting June 1, 2020."

Do you have confirmation on that? That isn't typical. Typically tickets would need to be purchased as part of the package (room/tickets/dining) regardless of any tickets a guess may already own/have. It would certainly be nice if WDW gives credit for tickets already purchased, but I would not automatically expect that to happen. I haven't read reports of anyone receiving a ticket credit towards the special offer package.

Good luck with rescheduling!

Closing the resorts for months isn't typical. They are trying to get people to rebook. Telling people they are going to have to eat tickets they bought from Disney and buy new ones isn't going to help them. They aren't going to be responsible for refunding or crediting 3rd party tickets because they don't know what you paid for them.

Saw this posted in another thread, but thought it might be of interest here in the planning thread...

The Disney World website now lists all After Hours events (including Villains) through the end of May as "cancelled," and my VAH tickets for 5/8 have disappeared from MDE.
Oh wow. Thanks. I was debating about booking Villains before this all happened, but I’m going to wait to see how this pans out.

Saw this posted in another thread, but thought it might be of interest here in the planning thread...

The Disney World website now lists all After Hours events (including Villains) through the end of May as "cancelled," and my VAH tickets for 5/8 have disappeared from MDE.

This makes sense. They may not be open in May and if they are, they are going to be heavily sanitizing and will need that extra time at night to do so.

Yeah I noticed earlier that our VAH tickets for that same date were gone. Kind of glad I dithered around on our AK AH tickets.

Closing the resorts for months isn't typical. They are trying to get people to rebook. Telling people they are going to have to eat tickets they bought from Disney and buy new ones isn't going to help them. They aren't going to be responsible for refunding or crediting 3rd party tickets because they don't know what you paid for them.

Well, I read somewhere that AP holders are required to buy the tickets, but can use the tickets for a later time to apply to the AP renewal.

So, it is very possible they are going to require it. But, I guess we wait to see if there are actual reports

Well, I read somewhere that AP holders are required to buy the tickets, but can use the tickets for a later time to apply to the AP renewal.

So, it is very possible they are going to require it. But, I guess we wait to see if there are actual reports

Well AP is hugely different scenario than someone bought tickets specifically for a trip that got cancelled. Do AP's ever get access to free dining promos?

We were supposed to arrive May 7th but pushed it back to May 28th before the extended announcement. At this point, we plan on holding out hope. Our march trip was cancelled so we are hoping to possibly be there for a "soft opening" i guess :)
Were you able to get any fastpasses for your May dates? We arrive the same day and couldn’t get any until June 1st.

Well AP is hugely different scenario than someone bought tickets specifically for a trip that got cancelled. Do AP's ever get access to free dining promos?

Yes. But I believe they still have to buy tickets. The point is an AP holders already have tickets too It shouldn’t matter.

Have there been reports that people haven’t needed to buy more tickets? .

Were you able to get any fastpasses for your May dates? We arrive the same day and couldn’t get any until June 1st.

So I have a trip booked for Memorial Day weekend and I was able to make fast passes when my window opened. Up until when the June 1st announcement was made, I was able to modify fast passes and dining reservations. Now all options have disappeared, with the exception of “Living with the Land.” I think that they have stopped allowing people to make fast passes in May because they may not be open and if they are, they will be operating at lower capacity and allowing less people on rides at a time.

My AH tickets for 5/18 and 5/19 still are showing up in my account.

My AH tickets for 5/18 and 5/19 still are showing up in my account.
Interesting. The Disney World website does list those dates as cancelled, though (along with all the other dates through the end of May), so it's probably just a matter of time until they drop off. My tickets were for VAH 5/8, so maybe they started with the early dates, or with all the VAH first.

Yes. But I believe they still have to buy tickets. The point is an AP holders already have tickets too It shouldn’t matter.

Have there been reports that people haven’t needed to buy more tickets? .
Yes you do have to buy at least a two day base ticket. In some cases even doing that you can save money but you have to do the math.

So I have a trip booked for Memorial Day weekend and I was able to make fast passes when my window opened. Up until when the June 1st announcement was made, I was able to modify fast passes and dining reservations. Now all options have disappeared, with the exception of “Living with the Land.” I think that they have stopped allowing people to make fast passes in May because they may not be open and if they are, they will be operating at lower capacity and allowing less people on rides at a time.

I have a Memorial Day (week-long) trip planned as well. Like you, I was able to book everything as usual when my window opened. And also like you, I wondered if the new rebooking offer for dates starting on 6/1 was a tacit admission that they expected to be closed through the end of May.

I just went on MDE and it appears that I can change my FP+ reservations as normal - I opened up my FP for Soarin' on May 23 and was given the option to switch to Frozen Ever After, Nemo, Figment, Living with the Land, and Pixar Shorts. Epcot Forever, Test Track, Spaceship Earth and Mission: Space are all displayed as "unavailable" - i.e., what you'd expect to see when FP availability was gone, but the point being they they are still listed and did not disappear. Maybe you got caught up in a glitch or bug?

I have a Memorial Day (week-long) trip planned as well. Like you, I was able to book everything as usual when my window opened. And also like you, I wondered if the new rebooking offer for dates starting on 6/1 was a tacit admission that they expected to be closed through the end of May.

I just went on MDE and it appears that I can change my FP+ reservations as normal - I opened up my FP for Soarin' on May 23 and was given the option to switch to Frozen Ever After, Nemo, Figment, Living with the Land, and Pixar Shorts. Epcot Forever, Test Track, Spaceship Earth and Mission: Space are all displayed as "unavailable" - i.e., what you'd expect to see when FP availability was gone, but the point being they they are still listed and did not disappear. Maybe you got caught up in a glitch or bug?

Same here. Our first park day is May 19th and today I was able to modify FP for that date all the way through our last park day May 28th. This gives me a glimmer of hope that mid to late May is still in play and possibly they are just trying to prevent any further reservations for May. Man, oh man, I don't want to start planning from scratch again :worried: .

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter