WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I was supposed to be there Thursday. We rescheduled to end of June. I’m hopeful for that too. I don’t like reading on disboards when people say July and August. That makes me sad. My guess- I think they will have a soft open in mid-May. Start with resorts and DS mid May and then increase a little for Memorial Day. Maybe they will only have resort guests go to parks to limit capacity and do soft opening. I have no idea - only speculating.

Since I bought mine through a third party, I wouldn't be eligible, unless I could return my tickets through UT.
If you will go again in the future, you could still do the package. Purchase the minimum required tickets (sounds like 2-days), and then hold those tickets as credit towards a future visit. It does require a little more expense now for those 2-day tickets, but that value would be saved as a future credit.

Enjoy your rescheduled vacation!

We rescheduled our March trip to 5/30-6/6. Would it be safe to understand the latest operational update to mean that Disney will not book any new travel dates for prior to June 1st, not that the parks will definitely be closed until that date? We are thinking of shifting our dates by a day and check in that Sunday, 5/31 and leave the following Sunday. That would still give us the same amount of nights and park days. Even if the parks didn't open until that Monday, 6/1, would the resorts themselves be open a few days earlier? I know this is speculation and no one really knows, but just trying to get some thoughts and opinions. Still trying to get our trip in this year while also planning around summer sports workouts for my daughter. Of course her Senior school year starts in the Fall so trying not to cause her to miss days there.

Would it be safe to understand the latest operational update to mean that Disney will not book any new travel dates for prior to June 1st, not that the parks will definitely be closed until that date?
That is my understanding. I believe the notice actually says something about "...may open before or after..." so it's not a hard-set date.

Enjoy your rescheduled vacation!

Editing to strikeout since my theory was incorrect, nothing to see here, folks!

I think Disney is currently shooting for a Memorial weekend reopening, or at least partial opening. Here's why: We have AP's that have a January 24, 2021 expiration, but today if I click on "show eligible dates" on MDE (online, haven't looked on my phone), I see green "Good to Go" dates out to April 1, 2021. 67 days beyond our expiration dates...and 67 days from the park closure puts us around Memorial weekend.

Not that I think Disney has an epidemiological crystal ball, but I'm guessing this is their current hope.

ETA: anyone else with AP's want to see what they can see on MDE, then do a similar mathematical study and see if it jives with with I'm seeing?

Last edited:
I think Disney is currently shooting for a Memorial weekend reopening, or at least partial opening. Here's why: We have AP's that have a January 24, 2021 expiration, but today if I click on "show eligible dates" on MDE (online, haven't looked on my phone), I see green "Good to Go" dates out to April 1, 2021. 67 days beyond our expiration dates...and 67 days from the park closure puts us around Memorial weekend.

Not that I think Disney has an epidemiological crystal ball, but I'm guessing this is their current hope.

ETA: anyone else with AP's want to see what they can see on MDE, then do a similar mathematical study and see if it jives with with I'm seeing?
I think you're just looking at the dates posted for AP blockouts. As of today they extend to March 31st 2021
My AP pass still shows the same expiration date (May 14 2020) with the option to renew

Mine are set to expire this summer, and the eligible dates go to April 1, 2021 for me, too.

I think you're just looking at the dates posted for AP blockouts. As of today they extend to March 31st 2021
My AP pass still shows the same expiration date (May 14 2020) with the option to renew
Mine are set to expire this summer, and the eligible dates go to April 1, 2021 for me, too.
AH, OK , there goes my theory then. Oh well, I thought I had stumbled upon something!

We're debating our Memorial Day trip. We're supposed to go to Europe in August; not sure that will be possible, but WDW may be by then. If we have to move to August, we will.

I really don't know what to do about my Memorial Day Weekend trip. If WDW is open by then, I don't think everything will be up and running and I don't know if I'll be able to relax during the trip...but who knows what the future holds? I don't necessarily want to make a decision right now. So my question is this: are final payments being extended like on the cruise line? If I cancel, I don't necessarily want a credit toward my next trip...I'd want to outright cancel. Anyone know the details on this? I think my final payment is due April 21st...maybe we'll know more about opening by then? But maybe not.

I really don't know what to do about my Memorial Day Weekend trip. If WDW is open by then, I don't think everything will be up and running and I don't know if I'll be able to relax during the trip...but who knows what the future holds? I don't necessarily want to make a decision right now. So my question is this: are final payments being extended like on the cruise line? If I cancel, I don't necessarily want a credit toward my next trip...I'd want to outright cancel. Anyone know the details on this?

When the park closures first happened, Disney relaxed their package payment deadline from 30 days out to 7 days out (this wasn't in writing anywhere, just what people were told). I have not seen any recent reports as to if this is still in effect or what CMs are telling guests.

Anyone get an automatic refund on After Hours events yet? We have tickets for April 14th AKAH. The MDE message leads me to believe we will be automatically refunded and I don't want to add to call center volume, but I'm wondering when they'll process the cancellations and refunds.
Several people have posted on the AH threads about getting automatic refunds when the event was cancelled. Last I checked Disney had not yet officially cancelled Apr 14, though it will probably happen soon.

So our passes expire on 11/25/20 and when I checked MDE online it says "good to go" dates out to April 1/2021 for me as well.

Sorry if this scenario has been asked before... we were scheduled to arrive April 10th. We have not cancelled yet, but have made final payment. We are looking to reschedule with the free dining offer in August at some point. However, I want to cancel my April trip and get the full refund and then rebook a trip in August, as opposed to modifying my current reservation and applying the payment we already made. My thinking is that even if Disney is open in August, if things are still unsettled or we don’t feel comfortable with traveling we won’t be out any money (well maybe just the deposit). Does this make sense and has anybody else had a similar scenario.

Sorry if this scenario has been asked before... we were scheduled to arrive April 10th. We have not cancelled yet, but have made final payment. We are looking to reschedule with the free dining offer in August at some point. However, I want to cancel my April trip and get the full refund and then rebook a trip in August, as opposed to modifying my current reservation and applying the payment we already made. My thinking is that even if Disney is open in August, if things are still unsettled or we don’t feel comfortable with traveling we won’t be out any money (well maybe just the deposit). Does this make sense and has anybody else had a similar scenario.

Yes, you can do that.

When we (my parents) cancelled our March trip it had already been paid in full. When they rescheduled with the Fun and Sun package they received a refund of the difference of the discounted room price. I would imagine the same would be in effect for this new discount promotion, but don't take my word on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter