• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

The offer says must purchase tickets but what about the tickets you've already purchased for your canceled trip?

The offer says must purchase tickets but what about the tickets you've already purchased for your canceled trip?

They would be part of the rescheduling. They aren't going to make you buy more tickets than you've already bought.

Assuming Disney purchased tickets of course. I'd seek clarification from them if you bought them from a 3rd party.

Do we think that Flower and Garden will run through July or August based on the closure? I usually go every year, but wasn’t able to make it this year due to wedding expenses. I would find a little bit of silver lining if they extended because I would be able to potentially enjoy it during our honeymoon. I love seeing all the topiaries and eating the special treats.

I had previously rebooked for June 2 after the march 22 trip was cancelled. I took the Fun&Sun package, which was about $100 off a nigh for Poly Club Level. Does it make sense to try and get this new offer, since it'll get rid of the old one?

Do we think that Flower and Garden will run through July or August based on the closure? I usually go every year, but wasn’t able to make it this year due to wedding expenses. I would find a little bit of silver lining if they extended because I would be able to potentially enjoy it during our honeymoon. I love seeing all the topiaries and eating the special treats.

They might have staffing issues that prevent the booths from running. The concert series probably would not happen either.

As long as the topiaries still look good I don’t see why they would remove them.

We’re still booked 4/26-5/2 with rented DVC points; tickets bought through UT. Not allowed to see if member can re-rent yet (have to be closer to our check in date). Members points expire July 31 and we can’t reschedule June or July due to DH work schedule. We've booked a room only in September through Disney. Any experiences with allowing to book free dining if DVC point reservation cancelled? Any experiences with 3rd party tickets that have already been purchased?

I had previously rebooked for June 2 after the march 22 trip was cancelled. I took the Fun&Sun package, which was about $100 off a nigh for Poly Club Level. Does it make sense to try and get this new offer, since it'll get rid of the old one?
If you call Disney they can run through the calculations for you. I did that this morning and dropped the fun and sun to get the free dining as it made more sense financially than the room discount. The CM was able to look at several scenarios for me so I could make the best decision. I was on hold for 3 hours before I got through, so you might want to wait until later tonight or tomorrow to call.

I believe F&G will be done, and I wouldn't be surprised if the topiaries would be removed prior to a reopening (if we are still talking June).

Left an opening for a meal during our Honeymoon trip (First week of July) to dine at Space 220. What is the likelihood of that still opening by this June/July?

I just got the free dining email too. Useless since we are either Passholders or have tickets as a result of our canceled trip, but noteworthy IMO that we got it because we were on DVC points.
Not useful for passholders either. I just got off the phone after several hours+ on hold, because a CM on chat told me passholders were included, but only by calling.
Just put out $1500 for passes, not able to spend another $600 to get free dining. No compensation for passholders.

Not useful for passholders either. I just got off the phone after several hours+ on hold, because a CM on chat told me passholders were included, but only by calling.
Just put out $1500 for passes, not able to spend another $600 to get free dining. No compensation for passholders.

They will have AP offers. They always do. This dining deal literally came out yesterday and is the first step.

I just booked my FD trip!! For my canceled May trip I booked a room only ressie and bought a ticket from Disney separately. Can I ask for a refund for this ticket? thanks

There was already an AP resort rate.
I'm curious if one can book an AP rate for a date after your scheduled expiration date? Like if my pass were set to expire on May 31, would I be able to book June and at time of check in prove I still have an active pass?

I'm curious if one can book an AP rate for a date after your scheduled expiration date? Like if my pass were set to expire on May 31, would I be able to book June and at time of check in prove I still have an active pass?

Yes, if an AP resort discount is available, you can book it regardless of your AP expiration date.

So if we have our fast passes made for a trip in May, we lose our fast passes if we have to reschedule correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter