WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

I know it's a long way away, but I have a trip planned for the middle of September. I was really looking forward to bringing my brother for his first ever visit and also my first visit to the food and wine festival. I don't know if I should cancel or just wait a few more months and see. I don't know how long I have to refund/change my flights with Delta (I believe they said until the end of March last I checked. Haven't looked in awhile... too depressing.)

Is anyone else going in mid September that is cancelling? No idea what to do here.

I know it's a long way away, but I have a trip planned for the middle of September. I was really looking forward to bringing my brother for his first ever visit and also my first visit to the food and wine festival. I don't know if I should cancel or just wait a few more months and see. I don't know how long I have to refund/change my flights with Delta (I believe they said until the end of March last I checked. Haven't looked in awhile... too depressing.)

Is anyone else going in mid September that is cancelling? No idea what to do here.

I wouldn't cancel september at this time. Very good chance they'll be open then

I wouldn't cancel september at this time. Very good chance they'll be open then
That's what I'm hoping. I've seen a few news reports saying this could last until August, though. I doubt they'd stay closed from now until August, but who even knows anymore.

We actual made our backup trip mid Sept. from mid May. Wont cancel May just yet, but I am hopeful by mid Sept. it will be open. I certainly wouldn't cancel Sept. for a good long while

Just in case there are people like me out there, who had bought WDW park passes that were clearly intended for a March Break trip, that were 100% affected by the park closure, Disney is showing a willingness to make appropriate exceptions to their "credit" policy. We had purchased four (4), six (6) day park passes, with stated dates of March 14 through 23, at a cost of approx. $2,000.00. I explained to the CSR that we are long-time DVC members, had visited WDW every year for the last 18 years, while our kids were growing up, but this trip was (quite literally) the last March Break trip we would be taking, as this was our youngest child's last year of high school, and we were bringing him and his girlfriend (who has never been to WDW), which is the only reason we bought 6 days of park-hopper-plus tickets.

I didn't need to push too hard. A refund was offered on an "exception" basis, and processed to my credit card.

Probably took me 40 minutes all-in.

Good luck to others!

Just in case there are people like me out there, who had bought WDW park passes that were clearly intended for a March Break trip, that were 100% affected by the park closure, Disney is showing a willingness to make appropriate exceptions to their "credit" policy. We had purchased four (4), six (6) day park passes, with stated dates of March 14 through 23, at a cost of approx. $2,000.00. I explained to the CSR that we are long-time DVC members, had visited WDW every year for the last 18 years, while our kids were growing up, but this trip was (quite literally) the last March Break trip we would be taking, as this was our youngest child's last year of high school, and we were bringing him and his girlfriend (who has never been to WDW), which is the only reason we bought 6 days of park-hopper-plus tickets.

I didn't need to push too hard. A refund was offered on an "exception" basis, and processed to my credit card.

Probably took me 40 minutes all-in.

Good luck to others!
Thanks for sharing, this is good to know as an option. Today we decided to throw in the towel on our planned May trip and book something for August, but if there are still issues then it is unlikely we would be able to reschedule any time soon and would probably throw ourselves on Disney's mercy--we are also DVC members and have certainly spent our fair share over the years, but with our kids older there aren't a lot of opportunities. Sorry that your "last hurrah" didn't work out--this was likely to be ours although we are lucky to have ridden it out longer than high school so I can't complain.

I just read that Shades of Green is officially closed until April 15 (and I confirmed it on their website).

Clip from their announcement:
"Shades of Green will continue to accept reservations for new arrivals after April 15th. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and will make a determination to reopen in coordination with our partners at Disney World Resorts when it is safe for our guests and staff."
Here is the link: https://www.shadesofgreen.org/your-stay/travel-information-covid-19-update

I just read that Shades of Green is officially closed until April 15 (and I confirmed it on their website).

Clip from their announcement:
"Shades of Green will continue to accept reservations for new arrivals after April 15th. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and will make a determination to reopen in coordination with our partners at Disney World Resorts when it is safe for our guests and staff."
Here is the link: https://www.shadesofgreen.org/your-stay/travel-information-covid-19-update
I read somewhere (Disney FB group) that military personnel can't take time off until mid April which could be why SoG is closed until then.

We were booked for May 10-16 but I kept stressing every morning about it - so we reschedule to July 12-18. Also, we had bought tickets for Disney After Hours and Disney was wonderful and refunded us for those tickets because there are no DAH during the time we rebooked for. The cast member said he truly believed Disney would be open by July, he can't imagine Disney losing that much money, of course the government has the final say so, so we'll just keep our fingers crossed. But no matter what Disney is being great and flexible about refunds and best interest of their guests.

We were booked for May 10-16 but I kept stressing every morning about it - so we reschedule to July 12-18. Also, we had bought tickets for Disney After Hours and Disney was wonderful and refunded us for those tickets because there are no DAH during the time we rebooked for. The cast member said he truly believed Disney would be open by July, he can't imagine Disney losing that much money, of course the government has the final say so, so we'll just keep our fingers crossed. But no matter what Disney is being great and flexible about refunds and best interest of their guests.
still waiting to see what they're doing about APs!!! pushing out the expiration date does nothing for me if I want to change my travel to the Fall. I might just need to bite the bullet and call them to see if they'll give us PHs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter