WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

What a mess, and what to do! Flying in on Sat, for a week at the Contemporary. Do you think it's crazy if we try to get 2 park days in (Sat & Sun), and then do a resort only stay for the rest of the week? Or stay for only the two nights (or three), and then relocate to a beach resort for the balance of our trip? It'd be depressing to be so close to MK and not be able to go; however, it may be super relaxing to sleep-in and work on our tans by the pool . . .

What a mess, and what to do! Flying in on Sat, for a week at the Contemporary. Do you think it's crazy if we try to get 2 park days in (Sat & Sun), and then do a resort only stay for the rest of the week? Or stay for only the two nights (or three), and then relocate to a beach resort for the balance of our trip? It'd be depressing to be so close to MK and not be able to go; however, it may be super relaxing to sleep-in and work on our tans by the pool . . .

just avoid the mess...everyone will try to go.

Relax and enjoy.

For those who have been able to get through on the phone and were able to cancel for trips in March like mine (3/17-23), what were your options? Do you know if they are automatically refunding those who have reservations from now till the end of March? Or do we still need to stay on the line? I've been on hold for an hour and just wondering if I should just hang up.

I did email Disney using the contact email page so I got that going for me at least.

I would avoid it. The people that are already there are going to want to get in park time if they can.

Last edited:

If you were driving I would say enjoy your resort only stay. Flying I would cancel everything I could if it isn’t too late and postpone. Things are changing so fast.

We rented someone's points. I've read the threads but no one seemed to mentioned banked points, which I'm pretty sure we are on since they had to be used by March 31st
Still worth a call. You never know. Won’t hurt to ask. We are in a really unreal time. If DVC works with the member, that means that you have options. Just saying it’s not over until you ask.

Welp bday trip is ruined. I just hope everyone stays safe and they give some rides some tlc because it will be crazy when they open back up.

Is anyone even able to get ANY of the phone numbers to go through? It won't even put me on hold at this point...

We checked in today, due to check out Thursday. I honestly feel better now that the announcement came out than I did before - once DL was announced, I was just anxious all day. At least now I know. Going to make the most of our next 3 park days and then go from there.

My grandson is just so sad, we’re thinking about this too. But with so little information, it’s hard to make a decision. Are they just giving themselves time to figure out when they can close and we find out in a day or two they’re closing them too? Will they still have character meals at the resorts or is it just a bare bones operation? I have no clue. I have so many pre-paid hard tickets, after hours, dessert parties...UGH!

For those who have been able to get through on the phone and were able to cancel for trips in March like mine (3/17-23), what were your options? Do you know if they are automatically refunding those who have reservations from now till the end of March? Or do we still need to stay on the line? I've been on hold for an hour and just wondering if I should just hang up.

I did email Disney using the contact email page so I got that going for me at least.

No, they will not automatically refund anything. The resorts are staying open for now and they have no idea what people's travel plans are. You need to stay on the line. I was on hold for an hour and a CM finally picked up. When I asked them if they were now waiving the cancellation fee, he said I needed to speak with Guest Services and dumped me into their que - estimated wait time, 2 hours. This is an epic mess.

The alert said no cancel fee if moved in 2020 or if cancel the cancel fee applies (which I believe is the $200 deposit).

The website has been updated and says they will contact guests with information for rescheduling or refunds. We are supposed to check in Saturday and have been paid in full for months. We had 3 dessert parties and 3 after hours tickets. We cannot reschedule at this time for later this year. We may be able to reschedule, but we won't know for awhile. I will wait until they offer refunds.

The website has been updated and says they will contact guests with information for rescheduling or refunds. We are supposed to check in Saturday and have been paid in full for months. We had 3 dessert parties and 3 after hours tickets. We cannot reschedule at this time for later this year. We may be able to reschedule, but we won't know for awhile. I will wait until they offer refunds.
Where did you see that they will contact guests? I don't see it on their page. I see this one -

But other than that, I don't see anywhere that they are contacting guests. I have another 30 minutes before they close.

Why am I still waiting to cancel dining? The parks aren’t even open so some of these restaurants wouldn’t be either, we are very clearly not going, but still it has been too drilled into me how precious some of these ADRs are 😂. The Disney planning bug is real.

Costco takes care of its members. No question. I know they will step up regardless of regular cancellation policies.

They are in a good position to do so right now. People are stocking up - unlike a lot of businesses that are already hurting. If they didn't take care of their members, it would be telling about the company.

Why am I still waiting to cancel dining? The parks aren’t even open so some of these restaurants wouldn’t be either, we are very clearly not going, but still it has been too drilled into me how precious some of these ADRs are 😂. The Disney planning bug is real.

Be our guest?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter