WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Keeping it on topic please:
DL Paris just cancelled both nighttime shows Illuminations and SWGC THIS is a very possible route for WDW, they could still have the parks opened but close the big nighttime shows
They now have 2 confirmed CM cases

I would not be surprised if WDW stopped buffets. For my May trip ( if I still go) I won’t do buffet meals or any rides.

DL Paris just cancelled both nighttime shows Illuminations and SWGC THIS is a very possible route for WDW, they could still have the parks opened but close the big nighttime shows

At DL Paris on the CM cases you mean?

Just got back from 10 days there. I went prepared for my family, but was extra alert to what others guests were doing and not as well as what CMs were doing, or not. A few extra sanitizer kiosks didn’t fill me w extra confidence, especially when so many weren’t using them. As a starter, I’d have felt better if I’d seen CMs wiping down railings in ques. I know what that would require in terms of staff and interruption, but appearances would help. Disney is good at doing behind-the-scenes stuff, but what we see is REALLY important too.

FYI too: within 36 hours of being home, I have a fever, cough and joint aches. It’s most likely a cold or flu, but as isolated as I tried to keep myself being in a wheelchair, germs are in the air.

The whole thing is so frustrating. I head to WDW Saturday, so should be out of my mind with excitement right now, but instead am having a mild panic attack expecting a closing announcement to pop up any second. I would hope if they do shut down, they at least give some kind of advanced notice, or just a slow “wind-down” before full closure.

First one of these I have ever seen-very cool.

View attachment 480268
What’s funny is I took a pic of that very kiosk on Sunday because I like the porcupine. None of these were in any parks by the time we left Sunday, and there seemed to be no great efforts to protect guests more than a few extra sanitizer stands. I hope they step up in a BIG way, quickly.

I believe they have three CM cases now at DLP. Two new ones today, the other from a day or two ago.

The whole thing is so frustrating. I head to WDW Saturday, so should be out of my mind with excitement right now, but instead am having a mild panic attack expecting a closing announcement to pop up any second. I would hope if they do shut down, they at least give some kind of advanced notice, or just a slow “wind-down” before full closure.
I personally don't think with the current situation here in Central Fl that they will close for this week.
The Orlando Mayor is constantly on the news trying to calm people down by saying business is open and reassuring people
there are no reports of anyone in or near the area of mid central Florida that has been diagnosed
Disney already scheduled CM for the next 2 weeks,a cancellation would bring zero money in while they would still have to pay all of those scheduled CM
Like I mentioned before they could easily just cancel nighttime spectaculars where a large group of people is gathered for a period of time

I have to say, the Happily After fireworks is a place I would probably want stay away from. Well let me rephrase that, I would probably watch it from further back closer to the exit

My sister is at Disney right now with my two nieces. She said she is shocked that she never sees any sanitizer stations set up at the rides or thru the parks. None at the food establishments. She even commented that many tables had dirty trays/food left behind by previous patrons in almost every counter service they went to. I am disappointed that Disney is not trying to help people keep safe during this time when COVID-19 is going around and unfortunately, we don't know so much about. I work in public health and yes, people can go into the restrooms and wash their hands (our family does often) but there are a large proportion of the population that will not but if there was sanitizer available, they would probably sanitize because it is convenient and easy. Come on Disney, step up to the plate!!!
I just got back a few days ago. I can confirm that tables aren’t being cleaned NEARLY as quickly as they need to be. 20-30 minutes going by. But I have seen quite a number of sanitizer kiosks everywhere. Not a glut of them, but they’re not rare. They SHOULD have them in the ques as well. I don’t think I’ll ever get the images of a few kids licking the railing out of my mind. 😱

In my observation, Disney isn't doing remotely enough, but neither are guests. I rarely saw people going out of their way to be less hands-all-over-everything. To use more time washing hands. To using sanitizers much more. Most guests had an extremely lax attitude about hygiene.

I have to say, the Happily After fireworks is a place I would probably want stay away from. Well let me rephrase that, I would probably watch it from further back closer to the exit
I splurged on theme park view at the Contemporary so obviously would be disappointing if they don’t do fireworks- but it’s definitely a better alternative to abruptly having the whole place get shut down.

I know what you mean. We are scheduled to arrive at WDW March 27. I am so afraid our trip will be cancelled due to closure of the park.

We arrive tomorrow morning. I'm very tense at this point, seeing how so many sporting events are closed to fans, conferences and events being postponed, sports seasons being canceled.

Many pages back someone in the medical field posted about their plans and gave numerous tips that we will follow. They also mentioned that they'd allow family members to voice their discomfort and bail from the parks back to the hotel. I decided that idea was giving me some comfort. We aren't traveling with kids so our schedule is our own. We are headed to MK tomorrow morning and we'll just see how that feels. Tomorrow evening we have AK AH tickets and I think that will be perfect with reduced crowds. I have some anxiety about our DHS morning and we've decided to skip RDing anything and try to avoid the large swell of people. We'll try for a BG and use our FPs and call it a morning.

I just told DD that I thought Disney was going to cancel night time shows within a day or two. She's a former CM and looked at me like I didn't have my head screwed on tightly. I think its a good small intervention. Maybe they could look at attractions that force personal closeness ( stretching room in HM, etc.) and adapt those experiences. I know, small steps but somewhat helpful. We have a trip planned in May that we are not even considering cancelling at present. In fact, I was just checking flight prices for a long weekend next week. Sadly. the prices are too high to justify.

I mean it would be a win win for Disney at this point. While still trying to minimize any spread they keep the parks open, they save tons of money on fireworks and other things that put on the shows and people might feel safer or better taken care of

If that allows them to stay open for at least 9 more days, I'm all for it lol. Just get me to the 20th.

A little personal story about the need for personal accountability
My DD just sent me a text, she was working at MFSR, in the main holding room where you can take a picture on the Dejarik chess board table. Anyways she was calling the color crews to line them up to send them on to the ride. I kid had his recruitment card (the ones that tell you if you are pilot, engineer, gunner) in his mouth.
My DD asked him for it, he just put his chin up, my daughter asked him "you're not even going to take it out of your mouth huh?" the kid shook his head no. My DD had to pull the card out of his mouth....all the while the parent was right next to him just seeing the whole thing unfold

Supposed to be heading to Disney on April 16th for Star Wars Rival Run. It's our 5th year running this race. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't worried about the virus, however I'm still planning to go unless the parks are closed. Here's hoping Disney makes a decision on this sooner rather than later based on what other sports, conferences and concerts are currently doing. Either way, I understand they are a business and won't close unless forced to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter