WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

In the Netherlands we should hear this Friday when our biggest themepark (Efteling) will reopen, I have seen some articles and pictures about their social distancing in restaurants and queueing plans. But I wanted to share this picture. They will be using hooks for the safety checks for coasters. I didn't hear or see anything about this from Disney. I take it, it will be something similar?
050520stang.jpg

As well as for children that are not behaving ?🤔

Free dining is a package that includes tickets. It won't do any good to call, you have to buy the package. It is available to anyone who was cancelled, room only included. But you have to buy the package that includes tickets.

We had a room only reservation since DH still had an AP that wasn't going to be expired. (He started his trips last year a bit later than us.) We had purchased 3 multiday tickets for the rest of us. When our trip was cancelled, I was able to cancel every part of it (room and tickets as well as pay ahead meals) in order to book the package with free dining. The only thing I needed to have was the confirmation numbers for my tickets. Just some info for those who are looking to switch.

Can anyone tell me what the travel restrictions into Florida are at this point? I have seen that it’s a mandatory quarantine if you are coming from certain states. I’m coming from Oklahoma. I am scheduled June 1st and I tried rescheduling yesterday and the CM I talked to wasn’t going to carry over an upgrade I got for a non covid related change that Disney had to make to my trip and I decided to just keep the reservation for now until June 1st is officially cancelled or I can talk to cast member who is a little more understanding. But I’m also in a position of my company requiring a 14 day quarantine if you travel out of state based on the current restrictions of both my home state and where I travel to. So even if they open by some miracle June 1st, I can’t go if Florida is still having strict travel bans into the state.

Has the update on WDW resort operations (shown on website) always stated that change/cancellation fees would be waived for reservations with arrivals through 6/30? Did it ever show an earlier date, such as 5/31?

Has the update on WDW resort operations (shown on website) always stated that change/cancellation fees would be waived for reservations with arrivals through 6/30? Did it ever show an earlier date, such as 5/31?

Nope, just 6/30 at this point.

Can anyone tell me what the travel restrictions into Florida are at this point? I have seen that it’s a mandatory quarantine if you are coming from certain states. I’m coming from Oklahoma. I am scheduled June 1st and I tried rescheduling yesterday and the CM I talked to wasn’t going to carry over an upgrade I got for a non covid related change that Disney had to make to my trip and I decided to just keep the reservation for now until June 1st is officially cancelled or I can talk to cast member who is a little more understanding. But I’m also in a position of my company requiring a 14 day quarantine if you travel out of state based on the current restrictions of both my home state and where I travel to. So even if they open by some miracle June 1st, I can’t go if Florida is still having strict travel bans into the state.
The current order is from people coming from NY,NJ,CT and LA to self isolate once they arrive for 14 days, this is part of phase 1 reopening which has no end date but the Gov said Phase one will take weeks not months. He has not said if the order will continue into phase 2

I am wondering what Disney will do regarding cancellations if they open, but certain states still have travel or shelter-at-home restrictions. Being from NJ we are still pretty far from reopening and I may not be able to travel for my August dates. Any thoughts?
I'm sure you won't be penalized.

So you’re saying 5/31 has a chance. 🤣

(just a joke)

So now we wait for next Wednesday for further rolling resort cancellations or further information from Disney. :yo-yo:
I swear at this point that's how my blinded biased Disney love has me thinking...every single time. Man what a lesson in being able to fool yourself into believing something if you want it enough...Argh...it's exhausting.

I swear at this point that's how my blinded biased Disney love has me thinking...every single time. Man what a lesson in being able to fool yourself into believing something if you want it enough...Argh...it's exhausting.

I haven't been following this thread too carefully, but was there some hint from Disney that they would NOT be opening on 6/1? Sorry if this has been covered. :(

I haven't been following this thread too carefully, but was there some hint from Disney that they would NOT be opening on 6/1? Sorry if this has been covered. :(
I mean nothing officially or really, but it's certainly not looking good in my opinion. No news about DTD or resorts starting, doesn't sound like they've notified any employees of being recalled any time soon etc. Just the week by week cancelations.

Also Dland announced they're not taking new reservations until at least July and Dland Paris announced closure until mid July.

No hint. Good things going for June 1st
They just started taking down F&G elements, too ne that means they were planning on opening this month and that's why they've maintained them for this long
They added the ability for CM to book rooms starting June 1st. This was added about 3 weeks ago, it wasn't there before

They said they are accepting reservations starting 6/1 but that doesn’t mean they will be open.

In the Netherlands we should hear this Friday when our biggest themepark (Efteling) will reopen, I have seen some articles and pictures about their social distancing in restaurants and queueing plans. But I wanted to share this picture. They will be using hooks for the safety checks for coasters. I didn't hear or see anything about this from Disney. I take it, it will be something similar?
050520stang.jpg

I don't think they will as whenever I've been to WDW they've never ever physically checked the restraints. They've always visually watched as the guest checks their own lap bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter