WDW Conventional Wisdom

I always read that you can save money by staying off property. I find this only to be true if you're driving to WDW and you do NOT have to rent a car...

Sorry, but I have to disagree. My hotel room (Radisson Celebration - 3 1/2 stars -sleeps 4) is $300. Rental car (7 days) - $100. Parking (5 days)- $60. No way could I stay on property (other than maybe the campgrounds) for $460 for 6 days. Don't get me wrong - I'd love to stay onsite - but I simply can't afford it.

Some people say that you should follow certain touring plans, avoid EMH, go to this park this day, avoid this park, etc etc.... We've always found that our vacations are more enjoyable when we go to the parks that we want to go to. The crowds are never that much greater.

As for dining. You can get in on walk-ups or same day if you are not picky. If you have certain restaurants you want to get in...well, good luck.

I also agree with the lines: we walked onto Pirates using the right side because everyone in front of us went to the left! :lmao: Don't be sheep!

I have a few related to characters to share as truths

1. FALSE - Everyone "knows' what's up with the characters - people make comments in line when there are children around about the reality of a particular character - one of those thigns that burns me up.

2. FALSE - Characters greet everyone in lline. TRUTH is characters take breaks or just leave. Do not commimt to children that they will see the character for certain until you are in front of them or the CM handling tells you it's good to go.

3. FALSE - I can take as much time with the characters as I like. See #2 - everyone gets a turn who can - be courteous - have your book and camera ready - get in and take the picture/autograph, have your moment, then move along for the next person.

I have a few related to characters to share as truths

1. FALSE - Everyone "knows' what's up with the characters - people make comments in line when there are children around about the reality of a particular character - one of those thigns that burns me up.

2. FALSE - Characters greet everyone in lline. TRUTH is characters take breaks or just leave. Do not commimt to children that they will see the character for certain until you are in front of them or the CM handling tells you it's good to go.

3. FALSE - I can take as much time with the characters as I like. See #2 - everyone gets a turn who can - be courteous - have your book and camera ready - get in and take the picture/autograph, have your moment, then move along for the next person.

Oh definitely -- please have your book and camera ready.

And adding to this, please know what you want to order BEFORE you start to order a meal at a CS.

How about all of the helpful advice about what you need to bring into the parks with you?

The first trip we took in 2005 after finding these boards, I felt so loaded down because you have to bring: moleskin, body glide, water bottles w/ straps or a filtered water bottle, bandaids, tylenol, bug spray, autograph books, fat pen, sunglasses, sun hat, suntan lotion, pins, camera, extra battery, charger, extra memory card, and about 100 other things that were "must haves" according to the boards.

After a few trips, I've learned it's just me, my camera, my hat, and my lanyard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter