WDW Complementary Park Hopper Passes [UPDATED]

wammers2003

Mouseketeer
[UPDATED] To be clear, WDW gave us 5 FREE full day tickets with park hopper, in addition to the day we had already purchased at Animal Kingdom. Extremely generous of them.

[Original] We are staying in a DVC Copper Creek Villa cabin March 13-15. I was speaking with a park ticket agent and they asked why we were only going to 1 park. I explained that given the current environment, we felt like we'd get the best experience at Animal Kingdom (our opinion and recent trip experience). To my surprise, they said we should try another park on our trip and gave me 5 complementary full day passes plus park hopper . My assumption is that they really want to get people into the parks, spending money, even if they have to give free entry. Thought this community my appreciate this insight. Best,

Last edited:
We are staying in a DVC Copper Creek Villa cabin March 13-15. I was speaking with a park ticket agent and they asked why we were only going to 1 park. I explained that given the current environment, we felt like we'd get the best experience at Animal Kingdom (our opinion and recent trip experience). To my surprise, they said we should try another park on our trip and gave me 5 complementary park hopper passes. My assumption is that they really want to get people into the parks, spending money, even if they have to give free entry. Thought this community my appreciate this insight. Best,
Hmm interesting, I’m annoyed I purchased one park per day for a trip next week and now park hopper is an option. It wasn’t when I purchased my ticket through a third party.

Hmm interesting, I’m annoyed I purchased one park per day for a trip next week and now park hopper is an option. It wasn’t when I purchased my ticket through a third party.
I'm not positive with COVID procedures right now but you should be able to update/modify those at guest relations once you are on property as long as you haven't used up the entire ticket.

[UPDATED] To be clear, WDW gave us 5 FREE full day tickets with park hopper, in addition to the day we had already purchased at Animal Kingdom. Extremely generous of them.

[Original] We are staying in a DVC Copper Creek Villa cabin March 13-15. I was speaking with a park ticket agent and they asked why we were only going to 1 park. I explained that given the current environment, we felt like we'd get the best experience at Animal Kingdom (our opinion and recent trip experience). To my surprise, they said we should try another park on our trip and gave me 5 complementary full day passes plus park hopper . My assumption is that they really want to get people into the parks, spending money, even if they have to give free entry. Thought this community my appreciate this insight. Best,
That is absolutely incredible and yet I can't get them to call me back for renewing my AP!

Maybe they will refund all of the money I have spent on tickets for upcoming trips. I would prefer free as well. oh yes, make them hoppers, please.
The ticket agent I spoke did offer to refund unused tickets if we did not want to apply them to a new date. Once I communicated we wanted to go to a park for a day, that was when he offered 5 complimentary day park hopper passes. FYI.

The ticket agent I spoke did offer to refund unused tickets if we did not want to apply them to a new date. Once I communicated we wanted to go to a park for a day, that was when he offered 5 complimentary day park hopper passes. FYI.
How is this actionable? I don't see what insight anyone can gain besides you got lucky? Not sure what you are advising people to do.

That’s really amazing! But no, they aren’t trying to get people into the parks. They are still at 35% capacity and there are days it reaches that.

We got 6 free park hoppers when we filmed for a UK tv show at the MK! And the ad never ran as far as I know, because Covid closed the parks shortly after. We knew we were getting 3 for sure, the 3 additional was a surprise.

So these things do happen occasionally. Usually not just out of the blue though. So op was definitely in the right place at the right moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter