• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW changes?

Minnie_at_Heart

Earning My Ears
So I have not been to WDW since 2008. I am sure there has been some changes since then. I am planning to take a 7day trip to WDW next summer to celebrate my niece's birthday so I want to make the best of it for her. I was wondering if you can help me out and point out those changes. I want to try to be prepared as best as I can to make this trip memorable.

The differences I noticed on my trip last week vs. our last trip in 2006...

They changed some things in Haunted Mansion. There are now upside down stairs with disappearing footsteps in the room that had spiders. The attic scene has new pics of the bride with diff men whose heads 'disappear' and there's a 'statue' of the bride that has her face on it talking.

Finding Nemo the show in AK

Monster's Inc Laugh Floor at MK

The MSEP parade at MK IF it stays there for your trip

High School musical show at MGM

Toy Story Mainia at MGM (it was close for us but it's new)

The 3p parade at MK

The construction all over MK.

That's what I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more like I'm thinking the MGM parade is diff but we only caught the VERY end of it.

Besides what beattyfamily mentioned, there's:

- Kim Possible missions at Epcot - most kids LOVE these, so make sure you reserve plenty of extra time in the itinerary for them
- Via Napoli (new restaurant in Italy pavilion at Epcot)
- The ride through Spaceship Earth has been redesigned
- Fantasmic! is only a couple nights per week now, instead of every night
- The Hall of Presidents presentation has been completely redesigned and updated

I'm sure there's more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

David

So I have not been to WDW since 2008. I am sure there has been some changes since then. I am planning to take a 7day trip to WDW next summer to celebrate my niece's birthday so I want to make the best of it for her. I was wondering if you can help me out and point out those changes. I want to try to be prepared as best as I can to make this trip memorable.

You can find out WHAT happened -
and WHEN it happened -

all on THIS amazing list.

Scroll down to find the info on the various years.

You can find out WHAT happened -
and WHEN it happened -

all on THIS amazing list.

Scroll down to find the info on the various years.

Cool list, Robo -- I didn't realize it was there.

It's funny what's included on it and what isn't, though. For example, it mentions the opening of a new boutique at Downtown Disney and the winner of the Disney marathon one year, but makes no mention of the addition of the Kim Possible missions.

Still, there's a lot of information on there for WDW trivia buffs. :)

David

Wow thanks to all for the input! I was actually wrong on the date :confused3

The last time I went to WDW was the summer of 2004 :headache:

I remember Everest was still in construction when I went to it was a while back!

Amazing site posted! And great videos.

I loved the river country one.

Did anyone else notice though, how everyone in the video was so s****y??!

Not sure why my word got starred out!

I meant slim.... since when is s.k.i.n.n.y not an acceptable word????

The software does not "like" (and blocks) the 4 letters in the center of the word.

I've been searching a bit and cannot find any reference as to why that word would be offensive (even as slang) in any known language. :confused3

But, language (and insults) can change all the time.

I bet it is blocking the first 4 letters.

Not sure why the whole word is an insult.. .LOL, on the contrary, I would have thought it would be a compliment :)

I bet it is blocking the first 4 letters.

Not sure why the whole word is an insult.. .LOL, on the contrary, I would have thought it would be a compliment :)

It is designed to block all of the letter combination that it is programmed to block.

It can sometimes be a bit overzealous, making for some humorous restrictions.

For instance, you can't post the correct spelling of the real name of the famous TV comic who played Bert in the film Mary Poppins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter