WDW called us and offered us an upgrade for April.

BensWife

DIS Veteran
We are planning on an April trip because DH has a conference. We added 1 extra day at POR, and the rest of the time we are there we will be at POR. For our one night, we have a king, and when we booked that extra day, they said that we might be able to go ahead and stay in the king for the rest of our stay vs having to move. Granted, it isn’t guaranteed to stay, but she said she noted it on our reservation. Well, today, we got a call from WDW offering to upgrade us to the Yacht Club, but only for that one night we added. Is it worth the “magic” and go to the YC for one night, and then move to the POR for the rest of our stay (not in a king), or pass on the “magic” offer and just stay at POR so we can possibly stay in the king for the whole time? We haven’t stayed at either resort, so that can’t help with the decision. What would you do? Thanks!

I would absolutely take the upgrade to Beach Club. It's unfortunate that it's at the start of your trip instead of at the end but it's awesome regardless.

Honestly, I don't know. It'd definitely be a pain to move and Im not a fan of 1 night hotel stays anyways...can't get into your room until after 3 and have to be out by 11. I guesd if you were planning a pool day one of those days I might, but otherwise we'd probably just stay at POR.

Why don't you call them and tell them you don't want to move for just one night. Maybe they'll offer you the other nights too. They probably don't realize that you have a continuing stay - I bet a computer just sent them a list of who has a one night reservation.

If it were me, I'd take it. I don't think it's that big of a deal to move one night, especially since it is your first night there. You will know not to immediately unpack and can pack accordingly so the essentials for the first day/night are on top. Disney moves your luggage for you, so I don't see the issue as long as your plans align with it (out of the room by 11, don't need in the other room until after 3). It'd also be nice to experience both hotels!

I would call too, and explain about the rest of your trip. Even if they don’t upgrade you for the rest of the trip, I would def take the 1 night at YC. Enjoy your trip.

If you aren't traveling with children, then I'd absolutely take advantage of the magic offer! If you are, I probably wouldn't. It is a PAIN resort changing, even though Disney makes it easier by transferring luggage to you. I have found that there is just too much that my youngest needs to be without our bags for hours on end, and the repacking really kills a park day when adding young kids into it. Have a great trip!

Yes
The YC will be a great experience, we loved it there.. went to Yachtsman Steakhouse for a nice dinner with DH & enjoyed the balcony!

Jealous, we have a res in April at AoA. I've been secretly hoping they call to offer an upgrade lol

I would do it depending on the arrival time and how far you traveled from. For us, if we had an early flight (3 hour flight) I would and plan for a pool day or an Epcot day or both! I would probably do both and throw MGM in there for good measure ;)
Of course that all depends if the conference is still going on or if you would still go if it was cancelled.

Why don't you call them and tell them you don't want to move for just one night. Maybe they'll offer you the other nights too. They probably don't realize that you have a continuing stay - I bet a computer just sent them a list of who has a one night reservation.
I agree with this. I don’t think it would worth the trouble for one night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter