WDW before or after cruise

I also vote for WDW before the cruise. I like the relaxation part at the end of my vacation. I do not want to relax on a cruise, then do the hectic theme parks, and then have to go back to work.

Definitely visit WDW before the cruise! :thumbsup2 We have two kids and spent 8 days at WDW before we went on our 4 night cruise on the Wonder (August 2-6). We flew in from California on Southwest and everything went great! The kids were excited to visit the park early in our vacation and then looked forward to relaxing on the Wonder after visiting all of the parks. It was fun to end our vacation with the more relaxing portion of our vaction. :smickey:

We also come from the west coast. Last time we cruised after WDW. This time we are cruising first and I am really looking forward to the change for a couple of reasons. First, just coming to WDW from the west coast made it virtually impossible for us to take advantage of early (even semi-early) hours at the parks. It was just too difficult to get the 3 kids up and running due to the time change. I am so looking forward to being able to ease into the mornings on the ship...not feeling as pressured to be somewhere. Also, as a PP noted....the blues leaving the cruise for home were just too much to handle. :) I think it will be nice to have WDW to look forward to.

Yeah I agree with many of the others, WDW first, then, relax aboard the ship.

We are from the west coast and one of the things we don't care for is the STRESS from departing the cruise. Your STRESSING out if your going to get to the airport and make your flight. If you had a late flight then you have hours and hours of hanging around the airport (we have waited up to 5 hrs).

This time we have scheduled our 3 night cruise before WDW and the STRESS will be floating away when we depart the cruise.

I've done it both ways. WDW first is better. First, the parks are a lot more work and it's nice to relax at the end. Secondly, MOM is on vacation on the cruise; mom still had to be "on duty" at the parks making sure everyone is eating, having fun, etc. Finally, the kids are spoiled rotten on the cruise. It's easier to re-enter real life at home. If you go to the parks, they still think they can have Mickey bars whenever wanted, etc.

I so agree! I always come home more relaxed after the cruise!

HI Neighbor! I live in San Ramon.

We have flown to FL many, many times. We have only had 2 times, where we were delayed and miss a connecting flight. Once was right after 911 and everything was so crazy. The other was because of a snow storm in Chicago... in Dec.

I think the best thing we do... is to leave the kids on CA time.

This way they:
*they don't have to ajust to another time change when we get back home.
*are able to stay up late for the EMH (at the end of the night)!
*We do 2nd seating on the ship.

I've done it both ways. WDW first is better. First, the parks are a lot more work and it's nice to relax at the end. Secondly, MOM is on vacation on the cruise; mom still had to be "on duty" at the parks making sure everyone is eating, having fun, etc. Finally, the kids are spoiled rotten on the cruise. It's easier to re-enter real life at home. If you go to the parks, they still think they can have Mickey bars whenever wanted, etc.
Ditto for all these reasons.
We'll always do WDW or DL before the cruise. It's really a lot easier to acclimate yourself from cruise to "real life at home" than it is to acclimate from cruise to parks! Definitely.. most assuredly.

I don't know about the fact that your daughter gets sick though. I guess you'd have to take that into consideration some...

I did my DCL/WDW trip at the end of October, and let me tell you, having the Cruise FIRST is the way to go!

The only reason I say this is because you're going to need a day to regroup before you gear up for the parks!

I flew into FL on Wednesday, boarded the Wonder on Thursday and returned to port on Sunday morning. My cousin and I were SO exhausted from the trip in and from all of the activities on board, that when we got up to disembark, mind you this is 6am on Sunday *lol* we ended up going to our hotel and sleeping into the evening hours!

If it weren't for that day to rest, I don't think I would have been able to handle the next FULL week of park hopping!

I so agree! I always come home more relaxed after the cruise!

HI Neighbor! I live in San Ramon.

We have flown to FL many, many times. We have only had 2 times, where we were delayed and miss a connecting flight. Once was right after 911 and everything was so crazy. The other was because of a snow storm in Chicago... in Dec.

I think the best thing we do... is to leave the kids on CA time.

This way they:
*they don't have to ajust to another time change when we get back home.
*are able to stay up late for the EMH (at the end of the night)!
*We do 2nd seating on the ship.

Hey! We live just off of Santa Rita and 580!

Leaving her on Ca time was not something I had thought of. I automatically chose main seating, since she goes to bed at 8:00pm. Of course, she will be 2 years older, I might change it closer to the sail date if I see that she could stay up later. She is a great sleeper, I just hope I would be able to get her up in the morning!

Going to WDW before or after cruise....maybe I should just do both!! I hate thinking about getting off the the ship and having to go straight home. Maybe spend the Saturday at WDW and stay cheap at POP until Sunday and then go home??

Hey! We live just off of Santa Rita and 580!

Leaving her on Ca time was not something I had thought of. I automatically chose main seating, since she goes to bed at 8:00pm. Of course, she will be 2 years older, I might change it closer to the sail date if I see that she could stay up later. She is a great sleeper, I just hope I would be able to get her up in the morning!

Going to WDW before or after cruise....maybe I should just do both!! I hate thinking about getting off the the ship and having to go straight home. Maybe spend the Saturday at WDW and stay cheap at POP until Sunday and then go home??

You are not very far at all... small world.:)

Is this your first trip to WDW & DCL?

At WDW, I can usually get my kids (16,14,11, & 9) up & moving by about 9 am. Which I find is early enough, if we have been up late the night before. Besides, this would be only an hour earlier then at home... during the school year. We also try to take a break in the middle of the day for about 2 or 3 hours.

I also have one son that comes home for DCL with a cold, every time. I just expect it. Luckily, he is my easy going child...he just keeps on trucking.

We did a 7 day cruise this April with 2 days at the MK afterwards. We added it on our own about 3-4 weeks before the trip. We drive down (8 hours) so it wasn't a travel issue. We enjoyed it afterwards!

A few things to consider:
1) When are you going? Check out the expected crowd levels from various sites. A lighter crowd could be the deciding factor.
2) We just went for the heck of it with the intention of relaxing in the parks without a heavy duty tour plan or schedule. It was really nice for us and actually helped us blend back into reality after the wonderful cruise. I'd hate to go right to work after that fun and the parks are closer to a normal day than the cruise. :)

Have fun!!!!

We will be going before and after our 4 day Feb. cruise.

So many people give reasons for both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter