WDW APs are coming back baby!!

I have tickets for my trips in Sept and Dec. Can I convert those into an annual pass? Could I call or do you have to do that in person at the parks?
The tickets in Sept are just for two days, no resort, but for Dec it’s a package of hotel and tickets. Can I change it to a room only reservation?
You would have to do this at the park, at least that's what we've been told.

Also you cannot just strip tickets out of a package booking, you would have to start over.

so on enchant key "up to 4 park reservation holds at a time"

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does that mean i can only reserve 4 days at a time? so if i'm planning a 5 day trip, does that mean i should get park passes for my first 4 days, and on the second day i'm there i can reserve a pass for my 5th day?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but does that mean i can only reserve 4 days at a time? so if i'm planning a 5 day trip, does that mean i should get park passes for my first 4 days, and on the second day i'm there i can reserve a pass for my 5th day?

yup, as long as you enter the park on the first day…

Yes. As long as the park you want for the 5th days isn't full.

I have tickets for my trips in Sept and Dec. Can I convert those into an annual pass? Could I call or do you have to do that in person at the parks?
The tickets in Sept are just for two days, no resort, but for Dec it’s a package of hotel and tickets. Can I change it to a room only reservation?
I think you can change your package to a basic package which does not include tickets. Then get your own tickets from wherever. I have a basic package and 2 people have APs and 2 people have tickets purchased on the Disney website.

Wait - so WDW will have a magic key? Or traditional APs? Any specific details yet???

No details. This is all it says "And for those wondering about Walt Disney World Annual Passes, new pass sales will become available in time for the start of the 50th anniversary celebration! Walt Disney World Resort will be sharing additional information and details later this month, so be sure to stay tuned to DisneyWorld.com and the Disney Parks Blog. "

Remember the details posted earlier in this thread are for Disneyland but, right now for WDW, APs can book more only when they are booked in a resort.

I went ahead and bought my "recovery" Gold AP, but haven't activated it yet. We'll see if that was a smart call :)
Just called today and they said they are no longer offering the Recovery passes since they are going to be announcing the regular APs. :( :(

Just called today and they said they are no longer offering the Recovery passes since they are going to be announcing the regular APs. :( :(

Thanks for the update. I just purchased our remaining DVC recovery pass last Tuesday and wondered if they would continue. Interested to find out what they have in the works and if it affects current passes.

So is this most likely starting on 10/1 like everything else on earth at WDW? No fun being a person with a mid September trip booked right now. Oh well, no AP will probably be the tipping point that will lead me to cancel.

So is this most likely starting on 10/1 like everything else on earth at WDW? No fun being a person with a mid September trip booked right now. Oh well, no AP will probably be the tipping point that will lead me to cancel.

Yea, I cancelled my mid-September trip a month ago. I was planning on the APs being back so I could get a good year out of it. Now I'm planning early May and hoping things will be closer to normal then.

Is Memory maker included with the annual pass? I have a trip plan for October and already bought tickets. I will upgrade at the park if they start selling annual passes. I just didn't know if I should buy memory maker now or wait to upgrade to annual pass. Would memory maker work on the first day if I upgraded to annual pass?

Yea, I cancelled my mid-September trip a month ago. I was planning on the APs being back so I could get a good year out of it. Now I'm planning early May and hoping things will be closer to normal then.
Yeah; I plan on buying an AP but not activating it until July 2022.

My concern is if they'll allow the transfer and preservation of Park Reservations. For example, if one day is all booked for APs, but open for ticket, but you upgrade, are you now screwed because they won't allow Passholder reservations. I assume you can ask/tell the ticket rep what to do and they can ensure you can get reservations, because pretty sure Disney's system recongizes Ticket vs Resort vs AP reservations.

Would suck if one of the drawbacks to upgrading to an AP from a ticket, you lose your reservation and you must book a reservation based on the fact that you're a new AP.

Is Memory maker included with the annual pass? I have a trip plan for October and already bought tickets. I will upgrade at the park if they start selling annual passes. I just didn't know if I should buy memory maker now or wait to upgrade to annual pass. Would memory maker work on the first day if I upgraded to annual pass?
Yes, currently AP's have Memory Maker

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter