WDW Annual Pass Timing Speculation

I missed calling it by a few days for the “presales”. I thought it would be after the Easter block out dates, but the 13th is in that time. So DVC have to buy Pirates Pass or above if they want to use immediately. Guess they have to, anyway, if not a Florida resident as my reading shows that the Pixie Dust pass is still only for Florida residents.
I don't believe DVC can buy the Pirate pass unless they are FL residents. Only Sorcerer or above.

I believe last time they sold passes (before the 50th) they were vouchers--how long did you have to activate them? Because I was hoping to not have a pass this year, but if I could buy now and wait a year to activate--thus getting a spring 2024 and spring 2025 trip out of them, then it would probably be worth it to purchase.
The last time I had a voucher, it had an expiration date of 12/31/30. Once I activated it, it was only good for a year, but in theory, I could have held on to it for years before activating it. I’m hoping that’s the case now, and they aren’t good for a specific period, because I’d like to get one for my daughter with the anticipation that she’d use it in August, but if her plans fall through, she’d wait until the following summer to activate it.

Last edited:
From what I've heard, it's valid for 1 year from purchase, and then it becomes credit after, so it can be used to purchase or renew passes, but not as an actual pass

I believe last time they sold passes (before the 50th) they were vouchers--how long did you have to activate them? Because I was hoping to not have a pass this year, but if I could buy now and wait a year to activate--thus getting a spring 2024 and spring 2025 trip out of them, then it would probably be worth it to purchase.
On another thread someone said you have 1 yr to activate the pass after purchase now.

Question, my daughter has park tickets for June, should we go ahead and buy the annual pass and then merge them in June? How would that work?

That's a concern of mine, too. I'm hoping they are at least available all day on the 20th.
Definitely a concern! If we plan to go on exactly when they are released, can we all get them? I hope it's not a repeat of the tron previews where people are waiting for hours and still miss out.

I still believe they only came back due to summer bookings a lot lower then expected.
Of course, and I agree. They were always going to bring them back when demand was lower. That's what they were waiting for (increased capacity or lower demand), and why this was always the prediction for many, right after Easter/Spring Break season and going into May.

Hopefully this means more of a return to normalcy.... Whatever that is lol.

Now we can move on to the DDP predictions and such lol.

Question, my daughter has park tickets for June, should we go ahead and buy the annual pass and then merge them in June? How would that work?

Honestly, I would get rid of the tickets and buy the passes now. There is absolutely no guarantee that they will still be available in June. I know everyone wants to save some money by merging tickets to passes, but if you want to be guaranteed those passes, I wouldn't try to do this. Plus, as far as I know, you can't merge already purchased passes with already purchased tickets to receive some sort of discount.

I wouldn't bet on being able to merge the tickets in June. Options include: try to return the tickets (depends on where you bought them); try to upgrade your tickets (might be able to do on the phone, but unsure how crazy the lines will be); just buy the new pass and convert the current tickets into ticket credits which can be used to buy tickets or renew passes in the future

$1399 base price for one Incredi-pass
6.5% Orange County, FL Sales Tax
$1,489.94 Total with taxes

Options -
Water Parks +$99 plus 6.5% tax for $105.44 extra.
Photos +$99 plus 6.5% tax for $105.44 extra.

If you are upgrading, the new Incredi-pass and both of the options' start dates are back-tracked to the date of the pass you are trying to upgrade.
Thank you so much for this! I appreciate it!

I'm trying to figure this out:
If I'm going in July and say I'm able to purchase these on April 20th...must I activate them right away if I want to make park reservations for July or does the activation begin on the first day of use in July when I go?

Thanks

I'm trying to figure this out:
If I'm going in July and say I'm able to purchase these on April 20th...must I activate them right away if I want to make park reservations for July or does the activation begin on the first day of use in July when I go?

Thanks
Buy now. Make your park reservations. Passes are activated on the first day of use for your entry into the parks.

Buy now. Make your park reservations. Passes are activated on the first day of use for your entry into the parks.
Thank you. I'm trying to crunch numbers and think of the upcoming year. Undercover tourist has park hopper option 10 day tickets at kids prices. I'd have to basically go on another trip of at least 7 days or longer within 365 days to make it worthwhile. Decisions! lol

Your new AP purchase should automatically link to your MDE but keep the transaction reference number just in case .
This will enable you to make your Park Pass Reservations but the actual Annual Pass will not be activated until you enter a theme park .
And of course lots of other fine print to be aware of .
It is kinda confusing. Haha

Why does it seem everything Disney announces creates 50 questions. ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter