WDW Annual Pass Timing Speculation

I've never purchased annual passes before, so please forgive me if this should be obvious. If I am trying to get one for both myself and my mom, will I be able to purchase both on 4/20? Or should she plan to be online purchasing for herself?

So I can only buy the most expensive pass because I don't live in FL or have a DVC membership. AND I have to front the full $1400 aka can't make payments? Yikes guess I won't be getting one or visiting more often like I wanted to.

So literally anytime we eat on property it's 20% off? Just as an example let's say we do a character meal in the morning and then a nice dinner at night and it adds up to 300 dollars pre discount we would save about 60 bucks that day?

Most table service is 10% off and merchandise purchases are 20%. There are no discounts on quick service

I've never purchased annual passes before, so please forgive me if this should be obvious. If I am trying to get one for both myself and my mom, will I be able to purchase both on 4/20? Or should she plan to be online purchasing for herself?
You might be able to purchase one as a gift and then have it activated with first visit.
So I can only buy the most expensive pass because I don't live in FL or have a DVC membership. AND I have to front the full $1400 aka can't make payments? Yikes guess I won't be getting one or visiting more often like I wanted to.

But you will be eligible for the discounted renewal rate after the first year… If you take this into consideration along with the probability of Ticket price increases .
How frequently do you visit?

There's going to be a lot of upset people when these passes are only available for a limited time

It was always like this.
I didn't know. I live in so cal and have always paid monthly for my AP's. Forgive my ignorance to the Florida way. Please accept my apology, I feel like your reply was a bit... harsh.
You might be able to purchase one as a gift and then have it activated with first visit.

But you will be eligible for the discounted renewal rate after the first year… If you take this into consideration along with the probability of Ticket price increases .
How frequently do you visit?
That is a good thing to know which I was also not aware of. I. I don't visit often 1994, 2008, 2011, 2022, 2024. So I was hoping that after my Jan 24 trip I could have an AP and take 2-3 more long weekends to achieve some shorter trips but I think that is going to have to wait because I won't have the dough come 4/20 since I just paid for my Jan. trip.

I missed calling it by a few days for the “presales”. I thought it would be after the Easter block out dates, but the 13th is in that time. So DVC have to buy Pirates Pass or above if they want to use immediately. Guess they have to, anyway, if not a Florida resident as my reading shows that the Pixie Dust pass is still only for Florida residents.

So anyone else have park tickets they are hoping will be possible to upgrade?
Definitely, I was an out of state AP and I've been kicking myself about letting mine lapse last year ever since they stopped sales. I just couldn't justify it because work was insane and I couldn't take any time off at all. We already bought 10 day hoppers for our trip next month but I'm sure they'll stop sales before we can get down there so I'm hoping they will allow upgrades over the phone.

We bought the platinum before buying. DVC and it was over a $1000. We wanted the pass because we were going at least twice a year.

We renewed to Gold after DVC and the COVID - but we renewed our pass and glad we did because we have been at least 10 times since the reopen- of course now we have Sorcerer passes.

Definitely, I was an out of state AP and I've been kicking myself about letting mine lapse last year ever since they stopped sales. I just couldn't justify it because work was insane and I couldn't take any time off at all. We already bought 10 day hoppers for our trip next month but I'm sure they'll stop sales before we can get down there so I'm hoping they will allow upgrades over the phone.
in the past they allowed upgrades over the phone - it may even be possible in the app depending on how tickets were purchased i think... as an out of state it makes no sense for me to renew because i need to have big bookend trips at both ends of the pass in order to justify it... renewal doesn't allow for that

in the past they allowed upgrades over the phone - it may even be possible in the app depending on how tickets were purchased i think... as an out of state it makes no sense for me to renew because i need to have big bookend trips at both ends of the pass in order to justify it... renewal doesn't allow for that
I purchased a 10 day hopper online so hopefully I can upgrade that way. I tend to do one longer trip and a couple of solo long weekend trips to make it work for me.

I believe last time they sold passes (before the 50th) they were vouchers--how long did you have to activate them? Because I was hoping to not have a pass this year, but if I could buy now and wait a year to activate--thus getting a spring 2024 and spring 2025 trip out of them, then it would probably be worth it to purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter