• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW Annual Pass Timing Speculation

We went with the move to FL option and it still stinks. Kids and I already had Incredi-passes, now DH (who works M-F) has the weekday pass with plenty of additional dates blocked. It still works out to less per day than individual tix throughout the year.

Option F ---- Get a time machine and go back in time and don't let you old AP expire :crazy2:
If there was a time machine then we would go back and make sure that Bog Iger didn't take over Disney and we would have Walt travel through time to ensure there is no greedy nonsense.

We went with the move to FL option and it still stinks. Kids and I already had Incredi-passes, now DH (who works M-F) has the weekday pass with plenty of additional dates blocked. It still works out to less per day than individual tix throughout the year.

you only have to wait until it’s time to renew and then DH can renew to a higher level pass!

Never been more expensive. And yet the parks are slammed this week. Everyone paying for the extra perks. Honestly, the answer for high demand is higher prices. I think a lot of people would be willing to pay even more.

At this point only way Disney brings back AP is with much higher pricing or economic slump forces them to consider discounts to attract more guests.

Never been more expensive. And yet the parks are slammed this week. Everyone paying for the extra perks. Honestly, the answer for high demand is higher prices. I think a lot of people would be willing to pay even more.

At this point only way Disney brings back AP is with much higher pricing or economic slump forces them to consider discounts to attract more guests.

It’s spring break week for most of Florida and many other areas.

Really praying they open up APs to DVC members again. We let ours expire last year when they were still selling them because I got pregnant and knew we wouldn't be going for nearly a year. Then they stopped selling them and now we're stuck. We're loyal DVC members who have 3 trips planned this year and no APs, all because we wanted another baby. The nerve of us 🙄 DVC members should be able to buy, especially if you had a pass in the past.

I like the idea of perhaps reaching out to those that used to have them and offering renewals if you let them lapse during Covid.
This would be a nice gesture but would do zero for them if they are trying to make more money. They already have yours.

If it comes back, its either coming back at a much higher price but for all "blue card" customers or its even possible that they release it as a sales incentive for adding on or buying direct.

I like the idea of perhaps reaching out to those that used to have them and offering renewals if you let them lapse during Covid.
Thats exactly what we did. We went in Feb 2021 after having Mar 2020 trip canceled for us when they closed the parks. After having to wear a mask all day, even outdoors, it felt suffocating, and with asthma, that isn't good! So we did what we thought best at that moment, and gave them up, waiting for "normal" to return, thinking they would still be available. Now I find myself checking the disney site every so often to see if they are back on sell. It has prohibited us from visiting more than once a year, even being DVC members

We did the recover passes, too, and that timing sounds about right. We actually made out well on the cancel, recover thing. Ended up paying about $50 for “ 4 day tickets“ in February ‘20 due to timing of our APs and visit pre-Covid. I remember having vouchers and I activated mine several months before DH activated his.

It ended about when they announced the new pass levels and date you could buy. We did the recover passes mid july 2021.

Thanks, I couldn’t remember the time frame but I knew they did it already. I think sister’s family got theirs in May 2021 but wasn’t sure. Since they already allowed recovery for Covid cancellations, I doubt they’ll will do it again.

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but wanted to ask here so I didn't feel crazy (or miss an opportunity). A friend of mine is DVC and has been wanting me to join. I've told her I won't until the annual pass discount returns as a perk, but she told me today that this perk has returned. Is this true or am I right in thinking she's incorrect?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but wanted to ask here so I didn't feel crazy (or miss an opportunity). A friend of mine is DVC and has been wanting me to join. I've told her I won't until the annual pass discount returns as a perk, but she told me today that this perk has returned. Is this true or am I right in thinking she's incorrect?
Only back if you live in Florida or want an AP in Disneyland or Euro Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter