WDW Annual Pass Timing Speculation

What you are saying, in essence, is that Disney's strategic planning folks are incompetent. And, you might be right. But they have a fair bit of experience in pricing and operating theme parks, a pile of data about what happens as they make each change, and a vested interest in getting it right. If I'm handicapping the field, I put pretty good odds on "They know what they are doing."
Maybe a better way to put it is that maybe strategic planning over the past couple of years wasn't necessarily focused on Parks and Resorts.

I fully expect that current senior management perhaps has a better handle on things and I also recognize that things don't necessarily change overnight, but they are changing. One point would be the removal of the parking fee for resort guests. Now, they may just roll that right into the room rate and on the bottom line, it's the same, but the perception from the public is much different.

At one time I would agree with you but the way they have changed since Covid I have lost a lot of faith in them.
They have a tough job; they have a lot of data, but they don’t yet know exactly how dumb their fans are.

I’m not doing them any favors, either. Still forking over my money.

What you are saying, in essence, is that Disney's strategic planning folks are incompetent. And, you might be right. But they have a fair bit of experience in pricing and operating theme parks, a pile of data about what happens as they make each change, and a vested interest in getting it right. If I'm handicapping the field, I put pretty good odds on "They know what they are doing."

At one time I would agree with you but the way they have changed since Covid I have lost a lot of faith in them.

When you have a product as popular as the Disney Parks with its fanbase, you can make a whole lot of wrong decisions based on data and still come out looking like you're a genius and made the right ones.

When you have a product as popular as the Disney Parks with its fanbase, you can make a whole lot of wrong decisions based on data and still come out looking like you're a genius and made the right ones.
IMO being data driven has hurt the parks more then helped. It's made the parks more complex to visit them needed.

The person who is running the company said this:

I mean, you could be right, and Bob 1.0/3.0 could be wrong. He has been doing this for a little over 15 years though.
It might be me, but I just can't believe they are capping the number of visitors reducing at 80% of the pre-pandemic levels. The parks feel more and more crowded each day... Maybe they should keep the attractions running as well. They say they are limiting the number of guests, but they are also assigning less cast members with the park reservation strategy and are not keeping attractions with proper maintenance. You pay more, it feels more crowded and the experience you get is less valuable.Oh Disney... please do something about this mess!

It might be me, but I just can't believe they are capping the number of visitors reducing at 80% of the pre-pandemic levels. The parks feel more and more crowded each day... Maybe they should keep the attractions running as well. They say they are limiting the number of guests, but they are also assigning less cast members with the park reservation strategy and are not keeping attractions with proper maintenance. You pay more, it feels more crowded and the experience you get is less valuable.Oh Disney... please do something about this mess!
I think it feels more crowded due to Genie+. From a lot of things I have read it seems like many people are standing around a lot waiting with to pick up their mobile orders or waiting to ride attractions.

Yes, I think Genie+ has made the ride lines for non-Genie+ customers incredibly long…. It is almost a “necessity” in some ways…. I don’t mind Genie+ nearly as much as I mind the Individual Lightning Lanes…

Yes, I think Genie+ has made the ride lines for non-Genie+ customers incredibly long…. It is almost a “necessity” in some ways…. I don’t mind Genie+ nearly as much as I mind the Individual Lightning Lanes…

Fastpass plus also made the non lines super long. I don't know that I agree that it is a necessity though to get either. I will agree the ILL are super annoying. I only find Genie+ really worth it if you plan to stay in the park the whole day for the most part. We found with Genie+ just makes you run back and forth across the park and then have to find random ways to kill time waiting for time.

None that I've heard. Just made all of our 60 day window reservations for our may trip... Now have a decision to make, buy the tickets now, or wait for AP or possible ticket deal...OR the dreaded ticket price hike 😭

None that I've heard. Just made all of our 60 day window reservations for our may trip... Now have a decision to make, buy the tickets now, or wait for AP or possible ticket deal...OR the dreaded ticket price hike 😭
I'm in the same situation. I may just wait until the last minute as long as park reservations remain available.

I think the lack of anything is their answer, haha. I really want them to come back, but honestly don’t think it’s happening in the foreseeable future. It seems like it’s an absolute last resort for them at this point. Would LOVE to be wrong though, of course.

At this point, here is the most efficient way to become an Annual Passholder:

Option A: WDW Option
1. Move to Florida
2. Live there long enough to become a legal “resident”. Get necessary documentation, government ID, etc.
3. Use that status to get a Pixie Pass
4. 60 days prior to renewal of your Pixie Pass, use this to become an Annual Passholder at the level you would like.

Option B:
1. Log onto the Disneyland Paris Website in French
2. Get a Disneyland Paris Annual Pass

Option C:
1. Hope Magic Key sales resume at some point
2. Log in at exactly the right moment
3. Get a Disneyland Annual Pass

Option D:
1. Accumulate significant means and influence in society
2. Persuade Disney you have the means and influence to justify a Club 33 Membership
3. Join Club 33 and have a Passport

Option E:
1. Bang your head against a wall
2. Pray for a recession and or the reinstatement of Michael Eisner, or maybe even the resurrection of Frank Wells or Walt himself…
3. See that Disney has re-opened AP sales to new non-resident members.

I feel Disney has more or less spoken on the issue. WDW is still selling new passes, just in highly limited circumstances. I do not see them reopening the AP sales for the foreseeable future. January’s announcements were to me, the final nail in the coffin.

I view Options A-D as the most efficient and likely ways to get an annual pass at this point. Unsure if the parks in Asia offer APs at this point.

At this point, here is the most efficient way to become an Annual Passholder:

Option A: WDW Option
1. Move to Florida
2. Live there long enough to become a legal “resident”. Get necessary documentation, government ID, etc.
3. Use that status to get a Pixie Pass
4. 60 days prior to renewal of your Pixie Pass, use this to become an Annual Passholder at the level you would like.

Option B:
1. Log onto the Disneyland Paris Website in French
2. Get a Disneyland Paris Annual Pass

Option C:
1. Hope Magic Key sales resume at some point
2. Log in at exactly the right moment
3. Get a Disneyland Annual Pass

Option D:
1. Accumulate significant means and influence in society
2. Persuade Disney you have the means and influence to justify a Club 33 Membership
3. Join Club 33 and have a Passport

Option E:
1. Bang your head against a wall
2. Pray for a recession and or the reinstatement of Michael Eisner, or maybe even the resurrection of Frank Wells or Walt himself…
3. See that Disney has re-opened AP sales to new non-resident members.

I feel Disney has more or less spoken on the issue. WDW is still selling new passes, just in highly limited circumstances. I do not see them reopening the AP sales for the foreseeable future. January’s announcements were to me, the final nail in the coffin.

I view Options A-D as the most efficient and likely ways to get an annual pass at this point. Unsure if the parks in Asia offer APs at this point.
Option F: Buy Disney Corp and ban Bob Iger from stepping foot on WDW property

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter