WDW Anniversary Tips

Livelovedance

DIS Veteran
I know there are a bunch of threads regarding the 50th anniversary already, but I didn’t see any geared towards my specific question. If there is one, please feel free to move/merge my thread.

I’m hoping to be able to be in WDW on the 50th anniversary date. I’m currently booked at WL, with park passes for MK on Oct 1. My tentative plan is to take the boat from WL to MK for an attempted rope drop, experience the opening, take some photos and buy some merchandise, maybe ride a few rides if it’s not uncomfortably crowded, and then head back to the resort or another park if things are too chaotic. I fully expect it to be incredibly crowded, and I know the anniversary celebrations are going to take place for 18 months, but I’d still love to be there to celebrate the day of!

I’ve never been in the parks on an anniversary date, or the opening date for anything, so I’m a little concerned about the logistics of everything. I know there are a lot of unknowns, but does anyone have any tips for getting into a park on a day as big as this?

:thanks:

I don’t have any wisdom but we will be there too! My twins have a birthday on October 1 & they love WDW so they planned the trip to celebrate (including MK on the big day). We can’t wait!!

I’m sure it’ll be important to get there earlier than usual. We may Uber (coming from pop century) if advice is not to go with Disney transportation for rope drop.

I don’t have any wisdom but we will be there too! My twins have a birthday on October 1 & they love WDW so they planned the trip to celebrate (including MK on the big day). We can’t wait!!

I’m sure it’ll be important to get there earlier than usual. We may Uber (coming from pop century) if advice is not to go with Disney transportation for rope drop.
Wow, what a way to celebrate! I hope you and your twins have an amazing time!

Uber makes sense, it’ll probably be a lot less stressful than waiting for a bus. Do you know if Uber is allowed to drop off at MK, or do they drop off at the TTC? I’m not a ride share person so I’m not sure. I know a lot of people booked the Contemporary so they could walk, which probably helps eliminate a lot of stress. I could see that walkway being incredibly crowded! I’m hoping that the boat will be quick enough, even though the line will probably be really long to get on it!
We are going toward the end of the month and I am still worried about crowds.
Being there for Oct. 1? Not me.
I understand, I’m not excited about the crowds by any means. I know for a fact that it’ll be crowded, but I’m hopeful that with park pass in place it’ll be manageable. Otherwise, I wouldn’t stay. I’m okay celebrating from my room too. I’ll still be there celebrating the magic lol. pixiedust: Enjoy your upcoming trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter