• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW and Disneyland Rides

Catira

DIS Veteran
Hi, We have been several times to WDW but Labor Day Weekend will be our first visit to Dianeyland. What are sime rides that both WDW and DL have that are the same? And the different ones? I noticed that the "Buzz Light year" is new to disneyland. Whereas WDW already had it.Another question, how scary are Indiana Jones and Soarin over California for a 6 yr.old? My son was extremely scared when we saw Honey I Shrink the kids at WDW.
Okay, hope to hear from you all...Liza :cloud9:

These are rides at Disneyland that are not at WDW
Pinnochio's Daring Journey
Alice In Wonderland
Mr Toad's Wild Ride
Casey Jr. Circus Train
Stroybookland Canal Boats
Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Indiana Jone and the temple of the Forbidden Eye

Rides that are similar but different
Peter Pan
Snow White
Jungle Cruise
Pirates of the Carribean
Tiki Room (original version)
Autopia
Disneyland Railroad (Has the Dinosaur scenes similar to Universe of Energy)

Over at DCA rides that are not at WDW (some of which are not a big deal and can be found at local small amusement parks)

California Screamin
Animation Exhibit
Grizzly River Rapids
Sun Wheel
Golden Zephyr
Orange Stinger
Maliboomer
Jumpin Jellyfish
Flick's Fanatsy Fair (smaller kids rides)
Mullholland Madness
Aladdin Stage show (very good)
Similar or same attractions
Soarin' over California
Twighlight Zone Tower of Terror

If you have enough time do try riding everything. Even though things may be similar there are some small differences which are fun to observe.

There are NO RIDES that are really the same. Each one has its own variation to it. So even if you have been on Pirates or Splash at WDW the DL version is different.

Catira said:
Hi, We have been several times to WDW but Labor Day Weekend will be our first visit to Dianeyland. What are sime rides that both WDW and DL have that are the same? And the different ones? I noticed that the "Buzz Light year" is new to disneyland. Whereas WDW already had it.Another question, how scary are Indiana Jones and Soarin over California for a 6 yr.old? My son was extremely scared when we saw Honey I Shrink the kids at WDW.
Okay, hope to hear from you all...Liza :cloud9:

I've never done Soarin' (but will July 13th!), but rode Indy on my last trip. If your 6 year old was scared during HISTK, I wouldn't recommend Indy. It is very intense (but lots of fun). But you never know . . . kids can be funny about what scares them and what doesn't. Good luck! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter