WBPC or New Years at the parks plz read before vote

When to do WBPC plz read

• Go on WBPC when son is 13

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disneyhenry

DisneyRosie
We are considering WBPC Feb 2021 our son will be 12 yes he will miss a few days of middle school
We did the EBPC when he was 7, it was our favorite cruise! Even loved it more than the 14 night Hawaii in 2012
I am wondering if we should wait until he is 13 I just want him to understand the historical part
Either way he will miss 2 weeks of school
If we delay WBPC another year we will do New Years and he will miss 3 days of school in 6th grade

I'm not sure that waiting a year would help him understand the history any better. Since you say that the EBPC was your favorite cruise I'd say go for it sooner rather than later!

I have dd the same age as your son. We have taken her out of school for cruises for the past couple of years. It hasn't been a problem in the past for her to miss a few days of school. This is her first year at middle school. We have a cruise coming up in Jan and I'm nervous about her missing the days. I didn't know she would have such a larger amount of classwork and homework this year compared to the amount in elementary school. I booked a cruise for Jan 2021, but have already decided to change it to one during her Spring break(once we find out when it will occur). Do you have friends/relatives with kids who are in the grades your son will be in for the trips? Maybe ask them about the work load to see when would be better. Whichever you choose, I'm sure your son will have a great time.

Same, we've taken our kids out of class (before high school) for a week and we haven't experienced a problem. Our teachers that my children have had were great and understanding. They would be supportive and supply homework/assignments for them to do during the trip which was easily done during the flight or down time.

Besides, our thought when taking kids out of school is they will learn more that week experiencing the culture and history of the place we are going to than they would in a classroom. The big plus was the adventures, experience, and memories we would have with our kids before they grow up to be adults... if you go this year then you could do something else the other years :)!

Either way whatever you decide, it be a great time! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter