way out west

eeyore55

Earning My Ears
Good Day! We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary with a trip to Las Vegas prefaced by seven days in Honolulu! I see Vegas covered quite a bit, but no forums on Hawaii. Is that too far out west for you guys? Anybody been to Oahu? We've been to Las Vegas before (2 years ago when we did Disneyland's 50th), but if you want to talk about anything I may want to do there, that's fine too. At Honolulu airport, looking for transportation to our Hotel. Staying at the Hale Koa, which is military. Anybody been there? We're not going until September, but it's really cold here these days and I want to dream about the beach!:sunny: Thanks in advance.

Hi, we are going to Hawaii (Oahu, BI & Maui) in October. :woohoo: You can find a lot of very helpful information on Tripadvisor. You can visit the forums & get reviews for just about everything. In Oahu we are planning on going to the PCC and of course to U S S Arizona Memorial. You can also wave at the folks back home from here

I have never been to Hawaii before but I have a bunch of stuff bookmarked, so if you have any questions let me know and I will look in my bag of tricks:lmao:

I can't wait either!

Have Fun!

Aloha! I am from Hawaii, so if you have any questions I'll try to answer as best as possible. Hale Koa is in Waikiki and is a very nice property. It's walking distance to all the shopping centers and right on the beach. You'll like Waikiki, lots going on all the time.
Try to get out of Waikiki too - there's lots to see and do around the island. We love to drive out to the North Shore of Oahu, there are beautiful beaches with nice shorebreaks to play in. The Dole Pineapple Center is out that way too, that's a nice little stop. You can get dole whips there :) . On your way to Sunset Beach you can stop at old Haleiwa town - have shave ice at Matsumoto store. You can't miss it...there's always a long line of people outside the door. ( http://www.northshore.com/visit/travel-itinerary.asp )
You should try to do a luau, there are lots in Waikiki but you could also do a day trip out to the Polynesian Cultural Center ( http://www.polynesia.com/ ).
You might want to visit the Arizona Memorial. ( http://www.nps.gov/usar/ ).
So much more to see and do here..but I have to get to work now!

Did someone say Dole Whips? Then I'm definitely there! There is so much to see and do it seems my list will be longer than seven days. Pearl Harbor is a must because we lived near a survivor when I was growing up. Also have a luau and a polynesian revue at the hotel to get tickets for. I'm hoping that there is good public transportation and a tour desk that can get me to the PCC and the Dole Plantation, because I really don't want to rent a car. Thanks for the links...loved the web cam.

Your travel agent or tour desk could set up a tour to PCC and anywhere else you want to go. Although our public transportation is pretty good, I wouldn't use it to go that far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter