Way Out Here, Eh? - A June 2019 TR *PTR Link Posted

The best laid plans! Summer of 2018, we went to TSL at 6:15am and waited for the 7am opening, only to find out SDD was down. We never did get to ride it that morning!

I’m glad you got on RnRc. I love the props and magic shots at the photo opportunities!

Joffrey donuts and iced coffee are yummy!

I have been a DIS slacker lately, but I just got all caught up.

I totally know the feeling of mom guilt at leaving your sick kids to go to Disney...it's happened every single time I've left the kids for a Disney park!! But ultimately, my mom gave me the same advice yours did, and darn it if they aren't right.

Isn't it amazing what you can accomplish with no strollers & slow eaters in tow?? lol

We absolutely LOVE Animal Kingdom Lodge!! I'm super excited that we were able to book Copper Creek for our first stay as DVC owners when we go back in February, but I do feel a little sad that we aren't doing AKL for our first one. We are just so excited to try as many resorts as possible! But AKL definitely has a piece of our hearts.

I've also been trying to stop moping about the lack of another Disney trip in the books. It can be difficult to write about a long, indulgent WDW vacation when you have no idea the next time you'll be back.
For awhile, I was trying to make a week in January happen. Landon has a Monday and Friday off, so I was convincing myself to leave the Saturday before and let him miss that Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday of school. Then fly back the following weekend.
But the kids don't have tickets and it seemed like an awful lot of money for only 4 days at the parks.
Alas, I think I have finally swept that idea under the rug.
Oh that is too bad....it's hard to let go of potential plans. We felt the same way after our second trip in 2010....we knew we weren't going to get back for a while. When we finally made it back five years later it was just as special ad magical, maybe even more so due to the long absence.
Alex and I were going to ride Rock N Roller Coaster!
Yay!
Alex and I went straight to the ride queue and were stopped halfway up the ramp. That seemed pretty unusual given it was 8 o’clock on the nose. We had noticed TOT wasn’t up and running but didn’t think it would cause the wait time for RNRC to jump to 35 minutes. Then a couple got in line behind us and we heard them grumbling about SDD being down.

Basically, everyone at DHS that wanted a coaster fix was standing in line with us at RNRC.

Normally, Alex and I would have jumped ship and moved on, but we had nothing else planned for the morning and knew this was going to be our one and only chance to ride the attraction this trip. We agreed to tough it out and wait our turn.
At one point, the cluster of teenagers in front of us who were playing Heads Up backed up right into Alex and created an awkward encounter. Gotta love guests who are absorbed in their own world and forget to check their surroundings…
Oh no!
My how time hurts us all…
:rotfl2:
We couldn’t possibly be the same couple who rode RNRC 7 times in one day!
Yep.....exactly why we don't ride Space anymore and may have done our last RnRC this summer.
At 9:45, World Showcase was a ghost town. We practically had the place to ourselves!

Continuing with the trend of grabbing sophisticated photographs to show off our kid-less status…we got a Magic Shot near France.
Cute!
A couple of women walked up as I was debating, and I told them to go ahead because I was indecisive. One of the women went up to the cash register and went, “Well I’m not indecisive. I know what I want.”

It was hard to tell if she was joking or criticizing my comment; I filed it under my
Odd Things Said Within the Disney Parks and moved on with choosing a snack.

My decision?

Iced latte and a donut!
Other people are just weird sometimes....your latte and snack look good!

I feel like a family trip to DLP should help those Disney blues!

Sounds like a nice morning! Crazy thats RNR had such a long wait. But it does sound like a nice way to just be with each other and not worry about kids whining! haha

I'm sorry you won't have a family trip for a while, but I sure hope you get there for the race!!

That stinks that it was such a long wait for RnRC during EMH, but glad you got to ride it!

I'm enjoying the PP pics :) Looks like you guys were enjoying your time together!!

Which means my family probably won't have a WDW vacation until summer of 2021. :sad::sad: I hate making the kids wait so long between trips, because I feel like they are at that golden age for Disney. Old enough to remember everything but still young enough to believe in the magic. I just have to hope Landon holds on to that mentality when he turns 8.
Well, 2 years really isn't bad. I mean, we're not looking at a transatlantic flight and we're thinking 2021 or 2022 for our next trip, just from the logistics of the construction that will be going on between now and then and what will be opening for the 50th.
Kids or no kids, my internal clock is fine tuned to wake up early in the morning.
Kids, no kids, any time zone...
It was Extra Magic Hours at Disney’s Hollywood Studios that morning, and I had one goal in mind for this time.

Alex and I were going to ride Rock N Roller Coaster!
I approve of this goal!!!! :thumbsup2
Before the trip, I took a gamble and hoped everyone else attending EMH would go to Toy Story Land, leaving the other areas of the park more or less empty. It was a sound idea, and it might have worked out that way, had Slinky Dog Dash AND Tower of Terror not been down.
Oh no... :headache:
Alex requested the front row, and with that additional wait, we ended up walking out of the attraction at 8:40.
Ok, well worth 40 minutes when that was your one goal for the park. Good use of an EMH.
I thought 40 minutes was a reasonable amount of time to wait for RNRC, but Alex has gotten to the point in his life where the attraction is too rough on him. He doesn’t know if or when he’ll do it again.
I'm still not there on this one and I hope that doesn't come soon.
We couldn’t possibly be the same couple who rode RNRC 7 times in one day!
Getting older sucks.
It was the last day of the Flower and Garden Festival, and I was happy to get the chance to see the topiaries on display:
Cool! I've still never managed to get to EPCOT for a festival (aside from holiday overlays in December). I'm glad you at least got to enjoy some of it.

Glad I'm not the only one married to a guy who struggles with hats! Poor Alex doesn't even consider a hat if it isn't adjustable. :rotfl2:

It's a struggle! Nathan ended up getting a fancy expensive hat from that fancy hat place in Disney Springs on one of our trips because it was the first non-adjustable hat he could fit on his ginormous noggin! :laughing:

Maybe one day we'll both make it to an EPIC girls' trip and motivate one another to enjoy the nightlife. :rotfl:

I'm still holding out hope!

It can be difficult to write about a long, indulgent WDW vacation when you have no idea the next time you'll be back.

Totally.

Watching the sunrise over Disney property with a cup of coffee is top on my list of things I’d rather be doing. Regardless of the fact that it was already humid and I had a sheen of sweat on my forehead. Nothing was bringing me down!

This is absolutely the dream :cloud9:

We had noticed TOT wasn’t up and running but didn’t think it would cause the wait time for RNRC to jump to 35 minutes. Then a couple got in line behind us and we heard them grumbling about SDD being down.

Basically, everyone at DHS that wanted a coaster fix was standing in line with us at RNRC.

Oh no! How unfortunate. What are the chances that neither of those thrill ride types would be running?

Ahhhh, yes. Such a romantic shot.

:laughing:

One of the women went up to the cash register and went, “Well I’m not indecisive. I know what I want.”

It was hard to tell if she was joking or criticizing my comment; I filed it under my

Oh dear! People are strange. I've got my own little list of these kind of quotes, too.

Beautiful sunrise! You picked a great resort to enjoy it.

Before the trip, I took a gamble and hoped everyone else attending EMH would go to Toy Story Land, leaving the other areas of the park more or less empty. It was a sound idea, and it might have worked out that way, had Slinky Dog Dash AND Tower of Terror not been down.

Great planning too bad Disney let you down.

I thought 40 minutes was a reasonable amount of time to wait for RNRC, but Alex has gotten to the point in his life where the attraction is too rough on him. He doesn’t know if or when he’ll do it again.

Oh no! I haven't been able to ride it since 2006. Going upside down messes with my equilibrium. DH is 4 years older than me and still loves it.

This just shows you're not too old to have fun.

At 9:45, World Showcase was a ghost town. We practically had the place to ourselves!

Love this!

You know you’re jealous of our classy pictures.

I am. I want a picture with Chip.

Iced latte and a donut!

Danielle loves the big donuts from here.

Those are great Photopass pictures. :laughing:

Mmmm, your coffee and donut look so good! I've heard great things about the Joffrey's donuts... did it live up to the hype?

It was delicious! Donuts are my weakness and these were some of my favorite on property!

:rotfl: I am loving your photos 👍. Brilliant 😂. Great morning so far 😊

Can't take yourself too seriously, right? :rotfl: And I wonder where Landon gets his silly photo faces from....

The best laid plans! Summer of 2018, we went to TSL at 6:15am and waited for the 7am opening, only to find out SDD was down. We never did get to ride it that morning!

I’m glad you got on RnRc. I love the props and magic shots at the photo opportunities!

Joffrey donuts and iced coffee are yummy!

No matter how much you plan, you can never account for the rides being down! Guess that's why it's so important not to get wrapped up in the plans and proposed itinerary and not forget to go with the flow a little bit.

I totally know the feeling of mom guilt at leaving your sick kids to go to Disney...it's happened every single time I've left the kids for a Disney park!!

Kids have the worst timing ever! :rotfl:

Isn't it amazing what you can accomplish with no strollers & slow eaters in tow?? lol

Visiting the parks without kids made me remember the first time we took Landon to Disney after he was born. I kept going, "WE'RE SO SLOW NOW!" And the utter surprise that I only accomplished three attractions the whole day. :laughing: It's so nice now that they are older and more mobile. If I took just Landon into the parks now, he could probably keep up with me 100%. (I imagine it'd be similar to your Universal trips with DS.)

We absolutely LOVE Animal Kingdom Lodge!! I'm super excited that we were able to book Copper Creek for our first stay as DVC owners when we go back in February, but I do feel a little sad that we aren't doing AKL for our first one.

I can understand that, but Copper Creek looks beautiful! You will, no doubt, have a great stay there.

Oh that is too bad....it's hard to let go of potential plans. We felt the same way after our second trip in 2010....we knew we weren't going to get back for a while. When we finally made it back five years later it was just as special ad magical, maybe even more so due to the long absence.

Long absences from WDW are so hard! I think I really spoiled myself (and Landon) by living so close to the parks and visiting 3-4 times a year before we moved to Germany. Habit just makes me go, "When are we going back?"

ep.....exactly why we don't ride Space anymore and may have done our last RnRC this summer.

Poor Alex is upset that the kids are now reaching the age of being able to go on the coasters but his body is saying he cannot. :rotfl2: I think he might've cried a little when Landon asked of Space Mountain, "Can we go on it again?" :laughing:

I feel like a family trip to DLP should help those Disney blues!

Sounds like a nice morning! Crazy thats RNR had such a long wait. But it does sound like a nice way to just be with each other and not worry about kids whining! haha

I'm hoping our race weekend at DLP will be enough to get the kids their Disney fix, but I'm afraid Landon's a little bit of a WDW purist. "Where's Epcot?! When can we go on Toy Story Mania?!" :sad2::rotfl2:

Same here!

I honestly think I enjoy the resort balcony views as much as I love the parks. It's an integral part of a vacation for me!

I'm sorry you won't have a family trip for a while, but I sure hope you get there for the race!!

That stinks that it was such a long wait for RnRC during EMH, but glad you got to ride it!

I'm enjoying the PP pics :) Looks like you guys were enjoying your time together!!

We got spoiled living in Florida for so long and were able to go to the parks once a season. Now with school schedules and distance I'm forced to have a little patience. Hard pill to swallow for a Disney fan. :laughing:

I think Alex and I were giddy with being in the parks as "Alex and Alicia" and not just "Mom and Dad." It required us to take all the silly pictures!

Well, 2 years really isn't bad. I mean, we're not looking at a transatlantic flight and we're thinking 2021 or 2022 for our next trip, just from the logistics of the construction that will be going on between now and then and what will be opening for the 50th.

I keep telling myself that the construction would be a hassle to deal with, anyways. Might as well wait until all the new attractions are opened. Plus, in two years Evie will probably be tall enough to ride all the coasters and we can experience everything together and not bother with Rider Swaps.

Cool! I've still never managed to get to EPCOT for a festival (aside from holiday overlays in December). I'm glad you at least got to enjoy some of it.

Epcot is probably my third favorite park, so I think I like it better when there is a festival happening. Adds something to the area and makes it more interesting....

I'm still holding out hope!

Unless Alex is deployed during that time, I'm going to try my hardest to go! I got way too sad reading about all the shenanigans in everyone's TRs to want to miss a second gathering!

Oh no! How unfortunate. What are the chances that neither of those thrill ride types would be running?

It was a little crazy that two of DHS's coasters were down that morning, but I kept telling myself that at least this was just bonus time for us. All the other guests in the park who had planned to spend the day there were probably scrambling to change their plan of attack!

Oh no! I haven't been able to ride it since 2006. Going upside down messes with my equilibrium. DH is 4 years older than me and still loves it.

For some reason, I used to be better at handling coasters before I had kids. Now I have to take motion sickness medicine and can only go on attractions once. No doubt in another ten years even that will be a stretch.
:sad1:

This just shows you're not too old to have fun.

Life's too short not to take the silly photos....Alex already jokes with the kids that he'll be the dad posing for the photopass photographers, dancing down the streets, etc when they're teenagers and completely mortified over his antics.

Danielle loves the big donuts from here.

I agree with her; they are delicious!

Which means my family probably won't have a WDW vacation until summer of 2021. :sad::sad: I hate making the kids wait so long between trips, because I feel like they are at that golden age for Disney. Old enough to remember everything but still young enough to believe in the magic. I just have to hope Landon holds on to that mentality when he turns 8.
I am SURE Landon will keep it, it is in his blood! before you know it, you will be planning a 2021 trip and it will bake it go by faster. it's the one good thing about the 6 month dinning reservation thing.

A couple of women walked up as I was debating, and I told them to go ahead because I was indecisive. One of the women went up to the cash register and went, “Well I’m not indecisive. I know what I want.”

Ha! We should have a whole thread about Odd things people say.

What a beautiful way to spend your morning- coffee over the savanna. What a bummer that DHS had so many ride closures. Loved your magic shots! Some people do say strange things... how rude! I currently have 2 WDW trips planned and am already feeling the depression when they come to a close, because I really don't know when we'll be back.

I had watched a vlog several months ago from the DIS that covered the veggie falafel dish at the Mara.

Ooh this is one of my favorites!

How perfect is this view!

Alex requested the front row, and with that additional wait, we ended up walking out of the attraction at 8:40

It's worth the wait for the front

but Alex has gotten to the point in his life where the attraction is too rough on him.

You know, I think the ride has gotten rough with its age. When I was young it felt so smooth, and my dad agreed! Who knows, I could just be getting old too!

Life’s too short to not have fun. I like Alex’s future plans for mortifying teenage Landon and Evie

I feel like that's the circle of life in terms of parenthood. We endure their baby years and slow walking and unexpected meltdowns in public; they in turn deal with us embarrassing them in their older years. :rotfl:

I am SURE Landon will keep it, it is in his blood! before you know it, you will be planning a 2021 trip and it will bake it go by faster. it's the one good thing about the 6 month dinning reservation thing.

True. And by 2021, I'm afraid we are going to need to prepare for being on the Dining Plan. Landon eats SO MUCH already. It's gonna be a trip full of buffets. :rotfl2:

What a beautiful way to spend your morning- coffee over the savanna. What a bummer that DHS had so many ride closures. Loved your magic shots! Some people do say strange things... how rude! I currently have 2 WDW trips planned and am already feeling the depression when they come to a close, because I really don't know when we'll be back.

It's hard not having anything in the works. I'm really curious to hear how your Christmas trip goes; because with school schedules and flights, Christmas break might be the only time we can swing Disney while living over here.

You know, I think the ride has gotten rough with its age. When I was young it felt so smooth, and my dad agreed! Who knows, I could just be getting old too!

I think you're on to something there. It probably has gotten rougher over the years!

June 2nd, 2019 Part 2:

Treats in hand, Alex and I found a shaded bench in the U.K. pavilion and sat down to enjoy our selections. With not many other guests around and an unobstructed view of the water, it was a peaceful rest. Alex and I had to giggle that we were staring across at Germany:

The country we were moving from.

While sitting next to the U.K.:

The country we were about to move to.

In a way, it was very fitting; ever since Alex and I had returned to the states we felt a little out of place. America wasn’t familiar to us anymore, but on the other hand we weren’t really European. The struggle with identifying ourselves was something I had to contend with on this trip.

Don’t even get me started on the panic that overtook me every time a Cast Member asked, “Where are you from?”

Ehhhh. Well. My hometown is Florida. But I’ve lived in Germany for three years. And am about to move to England.”

I get to about “Lived in Germany” when the CM’s expression turns panicky and the regret over asking appears. They weren’t expecting such a complicated response from a simple question! :rotfl:

Before we knew it, 40 minutes had passed while Alex and I sat and relaxed on that bench. The stream of people coming through the World Showcase started to increase, and I commented in happy contentment that we felt like the only two people in the park not rushing someplace. It shocked me that Alex was willing to put a stopper in our park touring; that’s not normally his style. But Epcot is his favorite park and I think he appreciated the chance to get to enjoy it in a way we hadn’t been able to for many years.

Who would have guessed sitting around doing nothing but watching the world go by would be such a memorable moment from the trip?

I have to remember to do it more often. In life and in Walt Disney World.

As we were getting ready to go, we spotted this interesting sight:

Difficult to see in the picture, but there was a woman posing a Barbie doll on the railing and taking photos of it in various ways. I wasn’t judging her; goodness knows I do my fair share of weird stuff. And for all I knew a little kid had asked her to take their favorite toy to Disney or she was letting it partake in a “Flat Stanley” assignment. Wasn’t for me to say or pass judgement; it was simply something Alex and I observed as we gathered our belongings and readied ourselves to leave.

Alex wanted to see what Festival merchandise was still available, so we prepared to head over to Future World.

A picture of us together to memorialize the one rare opportunity where we had to have each other’s undivided attention:

*Not pictured are the ten other photos I tried to take of us with Germany in the background but failed miserably. I REALLY need to work on my photography skills.*

The two of us made our way towards the center of the park, admiring the colorful flowers in the water.

Epcot during Flower and Garden is my favorite time of year; it trumps the holidays and Food and Wine and late nights in the summer. And going off how content this fellow was, I’d say this duck agreed with me:

Seriously, though. If you’ve never seen Epcot in the spring, it’s worth planning an entire trip around the occasion.

You don’t want to miss these beautiful sights:

Even the globe shines brighter during festival season:

Continued in Next Post:

Continued from Previous Post:

While walking into Future World, Alex posted something on the DIS Dad’s social media group and @Terra Nova guy commented on the post. When Alex asked if I recognized the name, I had to laugh.

“Oh yeah! He’s the ice cream guy!”

“Ice cream guy?”

“Yeah, remember that story I told you about the DISer who ended up with, like, six ice cream dishes?”

(If you aren’t familiar with Terra Nova’s last trip report, you should check it out and read this story. It’s amusing.)

And this is what happens when you all share a funny story on the DIS. It gets repeated to Alex and you become known as the person who did such and such.

That’s how Alex keeps track of everyone.

So fair warning. If you share something hilarious, it will get passed along.

The two of us headed inside MouseGears for an A/C break and a look at the festival merch.

There were a lot of Mickey’s 90th Anniversary items:

And more Loungefly backpacks than I could count:

I warned Alex we needed to keep Evie away from the purple potion version. If she saw all that glittery purple she would be begging us for one. And while I love my three year old, I don’t love her enough to buy her an 80 dollar backpack.

There was a Hank plush for sale that I seriously debated buying.

For the kids, of course.

Once I did my obligatory circle around the store and finished browsing, I hopped on MDE to see if any of the Future World attractions were posting low waits.

Unfortunately, it was quite the opposite. Spaceship Earth was listing 35 minutes and Figment was at 55 minutes!

Wowza. The last day of Flower and Garden was really bringing the crowds into Epcot.

Alex and I decided to forgo any attractions and head back into the World Showcase, stopping in the shop at the entrance to the area to grab a Passholder magnet. (This one had Daisy on it.)

Alex hopped into the U.K. pavilion to look at the teas for sale, and I admired the Shakespeare garden setup:

I spy with my little eye a mom exiting the bathrooms. I might’ve been visiting WDW without the kids but that didn’t change the fact that those kids forever indoctrinated me into “I have to stop at every bathroom I see” club. Thanks, darlings.

The English lit nerd in me thought the Shakespeare Garden was really neat; consisting of common herbs and plants that were referenced in his plays and the symbolism behind them. It was a fitting and interesting touch to the festival that I hope they bring back again.

The sun was merciless on our poor skin that morning, so Alex and I made a plan to go see the O Canada show. We had never seen it before, since the one time we tried was when Landon was one and he woke up from a nap at the very beginning and started crying so we had to leave.

When we entered the waiting area, a show had just begun so we needed to sit and wait fifteen or twenty minutes for the next viewing.
An opportunity to sit in a cool dark place and relax? Not a problem for us!

I’m glad we got to see this since it’s apparently getting an overhaul in the upcoming years.

By the time we made it out of the theater, it was a little after 12:00 o’clock. I didn’t feel like straying too far from our lunch destination and suggested we go ahead and wait for our reservation inside the restaurant.

Alex and I were both very excited to eat at this location, because it was a new place for us. We were supposed to eat here back in 2016 but that was the year of the disastrous trip and the dining experience had to be cancelled. Then, as the kids got older we felt the timing wasn’t right to take them here.

So when I was planning this adults trip, there were two musts for me. Riding Flights of Passage was number one.
And number two?

Eating at:

Le Cellier!

We had about fifteen minutes to wait before the restaurant officially opened and we could be seated. While we sat and passed the time, a woman and her mother walked up to the podium stand and asked if they could get a table. The hostess politely told them they weren’t open yet but when they were, she could check and see if there were walk ups available.

The woman got huffy and told her mother to wait there, then stormed off, only to return a few minutes later saying someone else in their party had gotten them a table at Rose and Crown and they needed to leave.

It was an interesting scene to witness. I can only assume the woman was unaware that you had to book restaurants in advance, but that’s such a hard thing to believe nowadays. Ten years ago? Before the MDE app and MagicBands and slew of emails announcing when reservation windows opened? Sure. But now? I find it harder to believe.

That minor scuffle out of the way, Le Cellier opened a few minutes early and Alex and I ended up being seated (in the New Brunswick section) at 12:26.

Because I had heard so much about the famous cheese soup at this restaurant, I ordered a bowl to split with Alex:

All your praise was not unfounded. The dish was delicious; it was very onion-y, and I love onions so I was a fan.

Perusing the menu, I saw the Mac and Cheese sides and noticed one of the cheeses used was Gruyere:

I’ve been fortunate enough to visit Switzerland twice and have actually been to a Gruyere cheese factory, so feeling nostalgic I ordered us the four cheese dish. Alex and I got that along with the filet to split:

Everything was delicious and splitting the meal was perfect. It allowed us to try a little of everything and walk away without feeling overly full. I’m not sure if the steak was worth 60 dollars for one person, but for the two of us it was exactly what we hoped for.

As we were finishing up our meal, a young couple was seated next to us, and they were almost as interesting as the woman at the podium. The girl kept looking at the menu, panicking at the prices. Her and her significant other began checking their bank accounts on their phones and discussing how they shouldn’t have spent all their money earlier in the trip. I guess they forgot about this dining reservation and weren’t prepared for it.

They were really stressing about it but when it came time to order, they each ordered the same steak dish. Alex and I wondered why they didn’t split an entrée if they thought they were strapped for cash. Maybe they didn’t think of that option? Who knows…my heart went out to them, and I hoped the money stress didn’t dampen their last day too much.

Finished with our delicious meal, Alex and I walked out at 1:15 p.m. Once again, we marveled at how quick our dining experience went without kids. Forty five minutes was nothing in the world of parenthood. That’s how long a Chick Fil A meal lasts! So much time opened up for us during this part of the trip; experiencing the extra time was a magical memory in and of itself.

With lunch done, shopping completed, and Epcot sights taken in, Alex and I were ready to leave the park and tackle the second half of the day.

Up next…They Are Too Good to Come and Eat

Don’t even get me started on the panic that overtook me every time a Cast Member asked, “Where are you from?”

Ehhhh. Well. My hometown is Florida. But I’ve lived in Germany for three years. And am about to move to England.”

I get to about “Lived in Germany” when the CM’s expression turns panicky and the regret over asking appears. They weren’t expecting such a complicated response from a simple question! :rotfl:

It shouldn't be a tricky question, but sometimes it is! haha

This is one of the reasons I prefer the question, "Where are you a local?" Tells you a lot more about a person, and I think it's easier to answer. I watched a Ted Talk with this premise once, and it was lovely.

In case anyone is interested: https://www.ted.com/talks/taiye_selasi_don_t_ask_where_i_m_from_ask_where_i_m_a_local?language=en

Who would have guessed sitting around doing nothing but watching the world go by would be such a memorable moment from the trip?

I have to remember to do it more often. In life and in Walt Disney World.

Agreed! I need to keep this in mind, too.

Seriously, though. If you’ve never seen Epcot in the spring, it’s worth planning an entire trip around the occasion.

I couldn't agree more! My favourite time to visit WDW, and especially EPCOT!

And this is what happens when you all share a funny story on the DIS. It gets repeated to Alex and you become known as the person who did such and such.

That’s how Alex keeps track of everyone.

:rotfl: That's so funny! (I remember that story about Jeff, too!)

Funny how partners keep track of our Disfriends. For probably a year after Nathan had his first Dismeet and met Ariane and her husband, Steve, he only could remember them as the People Mover People, since that's what we rode together, even though I'm pretty sure she's the only Ariane he's ever met.

There was a Hank plush for sale that I seriously debated buying.

For the kids, of course.

I love this! I have his cousin, as you may have seen, and he loves to take adventures when we travel!

yAfaSIO.jpg

exlDpV2.jpg

r3ZubYI.jpg

Zjvam6q.jpg

dk7Hcxw.jpg

The woman got huffy and told her mother to wait there, then stormed off, only to return a few minutes later saying someone else in their party had gotten them a table at Rose and Crown and they needed to leave.

It was an interesting scene to witness. I can only assume the woman was unaware that you had to book restaurants in advance, but that’s such a hard thing to believe nowadays.

Oh boy! Sounds like quite the kerfluffle!

Alex and I ended up being seated (in the New Brunswick section) at 12:26.

This is our home province! We're happy locals of Nova Scotia now, but Nathan and I both grew up in New Brunswick. I've been lucky to have seen a lot of beautiful places in my life so far, but no place more beautiful than New Brunswick in the fall when the leaves turn. 10/10 would recommend.

Who knows…my heart went out to them, and I hoped the money stress didn’t dampen their last day too much.

That's tough! Le Cellier is nice, but it definitely is a bit pricey. I feel for them. It's really a shame they didn't split an entree! Some of the larger steaks could definitely feed two easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter