Way far out OT ? / need help finding sand timer

las3888

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I know many of you are very good shoppers, so I thought I would check with my friends on the budget board. I am looking to buy just a small plastic timer...the kind that has sand and you turn it upside and it counts out 30 seconds or a minute or so. They often come in game boards and such. I just have no idea of where to go. If I went to Wal-mart of somewhere like that, I'm not sure what section to even try. Any ideas anybody?

TIA!

I think at Walmart I would look on the aisle with the kitchen utensils...by the other timers you turn.

also, kitchen shops might carry something like this but would cost more I'm sure.

Our dentist gave each of our kids one of these a couple of years ago. Then in January, the ortho gave my son one when he got braces. It is supposed to help them brush longer.

I think Oriental Trading Co. carries them in the teacher supply dept.

Dentists have them. Call one and ask where to get them.

Could you find a game that had one, then order one from that company?

Many times they offer replacement parts.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think a teacher supply store would work too...I am not sure where one is around here. I will try to do that or I like the yard sale idea. I might be able to find a game that has one and can just use it. If not, I can try Wal mart the next time I'm there.

Funny about the dentist too...I use it in teaching violin students.

:banana: I have one for you! I'm a hygienist and I worked today, remembered to bring one home for you. Just pm me your address and I'll try to bubble wrap it and mail it out.

Lori

:banana: I have one for you! I'm a hygienist and I worked today, remembered to bring one home for you. Just pm me your address and I'll try to bubble wrap it and mail it out.

Lori

I have sent you a PM. You are a sweetheart. I really couldn't find any this weekend when I went out. I really appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter