Wave Runners at CastAway Cay???

CRB#33

<font color=red>Completing His Good Work!<br><font
I just read on Markey's post that there is talk of these jet skis coming to CC very soon.

How do you feel about that?

I'm not sure I like that idea. They're very noisy. I guess it would depend on where they are.

Although my opinion may not be the popular one I think it ruins the tropical atmosphere, I think the sail boats are lovely and the parasail/banana boats are far enough from the beach that they don't bother me one bit. There are only two power boats running. A bunch of wave runners however would in my opinion really detract from the beauty of the island.

I really think that you will not see the wave runners running back and forth in front of the beach because the guy running the banana boats who I asked why they don't have wave runners told me that it will be a tour, probably like at Key West. The only place they could leave from is where the boats leave from and would have to go out the same way as the banana boats past the ship. Water sports are what you see on beaches, all the chairs sitting at the edge of the water blocking entrance to the water was not a very tropical site IMO so I guess each person has their own view..

awesome ..... we would love that we did jetski tour in Key West
2 hours was great ......... peter

Royal Caribbean does a jet ski tour at their private island. Hubby did it and loved it! As long as they departed from the area where the banana boats now depart, I don't think it would be much bother...just don't put them at the adult beach! I really like how they are expanding the excursion offerings at CC, and I think the tour would be a neat addition.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Ann Morin originally said
Although my opinion may not be the popular one I think it ruins the tropical atmosphere,

I agree. I think the biggest problem is that many people who operate these seem to forget that they are PWC - personal water craft - and as such - are expected to obey and respect the same marine laws as any motor boat. Just because they are smaller, does not give operators the right to disobey wake zones and shore zones.

More people need to be trained on the basics - these are not toys on water. And, because of their two-board motors - care needs to be taken with regards to feul.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter